About the Website
is an unofficial Magnum P.I.
fan site that was launched on October 13th, 2006. As of October 2014, the site is owned and maintained by Steve Paruszkiewicz
. Original site content created by J.J. Walters (2006-2014).
is an entirely fan-based website. No one from Universal Studios
or Universal Studios Home Entertainment
participated in the construction of this site. Magnum Mania!
is not made or endorsed by Universal Studios or Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Magnum Mania!
is done in goodwill to help promote and share information and media about Magnum P.I.
. Magnum Mania!
is strictly nonprofit, noncommercial, and ad free, with no membership requirements. All DVD images, audio, video, and character names are copyright of Universal Studios. All original written content is copyrighted © Magnum Mania! 2006-2016.
|Fair Use Notice: This site is operated under the assumption that its not-for-profit policy constitutes a "fair use" of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law. All photos, audio/video clips and information taken from selected videos, books, magazines and internet resources are for entertainment and educational purposes only. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond the interpretation of fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.|
Most of the images, audio and video used on this site come directly from the Official Magnum P.I. DVDs
(Universal Studios Home Entertainment).
has an active community forum
filled with many knowledgeable, friendly and helpful fans (affectionately known as "Magnum Maniacs"). A sizeable amount of the content on the site has come directly from the forum members. Fan submitted site content additions, corrections and suggestions are encouraged, and can be submitted through the forum, or via email directly: email@example.com.
Special thanks to Magnum Mania!
forum members rubber chicken
(for creating the fantastic Google Earth Magnum P.I. Filming Locations Guide
), Dan North
(for creating the wonderful custom site banner
) and Pahonu
(for creating the incredibly accurate Google SketchUp Anderson Estate Model
The site uses static
content delivery. It is "marked up"
with the Extensible Hypertext Markup Language
(XHTML 1.0) and "styled"
with Cascading Style Sheets
is used in small amounts. The layout of the site is based on a sweet template provided by Eric Tribou
. It is a source-ordered
(middle column first), three-column design that does not rely on tables. The layout is fluid in nature, with the dimensions (typically the width) based on the dimensions of the browser and display resolution. So, if your browser is maximized on a 1280x1024 resolution, the layout will expand to use up all 1280 pixels across the screen! This type of design is especially good for people who use a large desktop resolution setting. Having said that, the optimal display resolution for Magnum Mania! is 1024x768
. The layout of the middle column text and images just look better at this resolution, in my humble opinion. Both the left and right columns are fluid as well, with their widths defined in percentage values using the negative-margins
Other Site Highlights:
- Each page has been successfully validated as 'XHTML 1.0 Transitional ' using the W3C Markup Validation Service.
- The horizontal and vertical navigational elements are based on unordered lists.
- Quick loading - No ads, no banners, minimal use of images, client-side code optimization and effective cache control.
- Indexed site search capability via the FreeFind search engine - 'Search' link at bottom left of every page. The site is indexed on a weekly basis.
- Degrades cleanly in older browsers.
- The background colors are derived from CSS and do not rely on any background images.
relies heavily on Wikipedia
and the IMDB
for deep linking
to relevant contextual information. A conscious effort has been made to avoid "overlinking"
Most of the thumb-sized screencaps used on the site are accompanied by a full size version. To see the full size version of the screencap, simply click on it.
By design, most of the links to off-site content do not
open a new browser window (the exception being the links in the right column). Use the 'Back' button to navigate back to the site. Links to internal media files (images, audio and video) will
open a new browser window, however.
Tools of the Trade:
(all freeware or open-source)
|Acknowledgements (listed in alphabetical order)|
- Aloha Magnum: Larry Manetti's Magnum P.I. Memories (Book) - Thank you, Larry!
- A-Team.org - Jay-Firestorm's great A-Team site.
- Amazon - a man among boys.
- AmericasBest.com - for providing a link.
- Christopher Anderson's Reflections on Magnum P.I. - 1985 essay.
- Barkley - for creating the best fan trailer on the net!
- Mike Barnes - for writing the excellent original Magnum P.I. episode guide!
- Becoming Magnum - the Magnum-themed reality web series by Mike Bennett.
- cannoncollector.com - The R.H.A. Collection, for info on Higgins' cannon.
- Carol the Dabbler (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum-related info!
- Classic Telly - for providing a link.
- ConchRepublican (MM Forum Member) - for excellent Magnum P.I. insight, and for the "Tiki Bar"!
- Coops (MM Forum Member) - for excellent Magnum P.I. insight and info.
- DavidandMaddie.com - for the link, by far the best Moonlighting site on the net. Simply fantastic!
- Doc Ibold (MM Forum Member) - for the "Forbidden Island" synopsis & excellent Magnum-related info!
- Driko Land - for the link, the best 80s site on the net.
- eegorr (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent episode info & reviews.
- erock308 (MM Forum Member) - for the Magnum P.I. "behind the scenes" pics.
- Facebook Group (Magnum P.I.) - for providing a Magnum P.I. online community.
- Film-Makers.com - for providing a link.
- FreeFind Search Engine - for providing a great, free search engine.
- goldmonkey.com - a Tales of the Gold Monkey fan site.
- golfmobile (MM Forum Member) - for the "Gypsy's Curse" synopsis & Magnum-related insight
- grapeshot (MM Forum Member) - for Magnum-related insight
- grundle (MM Forum Member) - for the Amazon MPI DVD reviews & excellent Magnum-related info!
- Christoffer Hansen - for outstanding Magnum P.I. fan art.
- Hawaii Five-O Fan Club - a fantastic resource for all things Hawaii Five-O.
- HawaiianKineStuff.com - for the great Magnum shirts.
- Hawaiian Time Machine - a great Hawaii-themed blog!
- Thomas Herter - for sharing his awesome high-def pics of Robin's Nest @ both ground & aerial level.
- HostMonster - for hosting the website. Best affordable web host on the net!
- IslandHopper (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum-related info & flub spotting!
- Island Hoppers Helicopter Service - a nice little MPI fan site.
- IMDb - the #1 movie & tv show database.
- IMFDb - for Magnum P.I. weapons information.
- Jay-Firestorm (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent, in-depth episode reviews!
- Kalai-pahoa (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum filming location info!
- Leo's Icon Archive - for providing the best selection of free icons on the net!
- Little Garwood (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent episode reviews & info!
- lutherhgillis (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum-related info!
- Made for TV Mayhem - a great 70s/80s blog by Amanda By Night.
- magnumpi.it - an Italian Magnum P.I. fan site.
- magnumpi.nl - a Dutch Magnum P.I. fan site.
- Mahalo - for providing a link.
- MauiShirts.com - best place to get Magnum shirts!
- MaximRecoil (MM Forum Member) - for providing accurate and detailed firearms ID's!
- Boyce McClain - for outstanding Magnum P.I. fan art.
- The Miami Vice Community - another iconic 80's TV show. The best Miami Vice forum out there!
- Museum of Broadcast Communications - a very nice Magnum P.I. write-up.
- N1095A (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum-related info!
- Dan North ("Danno") (MM Forum Member) - for creating the site banner, forum banner & avatars!
- ourotherstore.com - for making the wonderful sterling silver Cross of Lorraine "Team Ring".
- Pahonu (MM Forum Member) - for the fantastic Google SketchUp Anderson Estate Model!
- Roaming Magnum, G.I. - the adventures of a G.I. Joe converted into a Magnum (by golfmobile)
- Dave Romas - the Magnum P.I. guru of guru's and owner of Magnum Memorabilia.
- Rick Romer (former Magnum P.I. set decorator) - for providing unique insight into the making of MPI.
- rubber chicken (MM Forum Member) - location sleuth, creator of the Rubber Chicken Guide.
- Sam (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum-related info!
- Max Schueneman - for providing video footage of the Merv Griffin/MPI cast interview (1986)!
- Tom-Selleck.de - a Swiss Tom Selleck fan site.
- SelleckLover (MM Forum Member) - for the "Cheapshot" synopsis, and all things Selleck!
- SerialTV - for providing a link.
- Shermy (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum-related info!
- Simon & Simon Info - for running the best Simon & Simon site on the net.
- The Sleuth Channel - for airing Magnum P.I. syndicated episodes nationally (multiple times daily).
- sophia (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent Magnum-related info!
- Surfski.info - for surfski information.
- Eric Tribou - for providing the fanstastic template this web site uses.
- timm525 (MM Forum Member) - for providing excellent episode reviews & info!
- TimVP - a MPI fan site & for providing a link.
- Thrilling Detective - a nice Magnum P.I. write-up.
- Townsend Agency - KMunroe's great Charlie's Angels site.
- Tralfaz (MM Forum Member) - for providing MAD Magazine parody & other Magnum-related info!
- TV Rage - a great tv show reference site.
- TV Guide.com - a great tv show reference site.
- TV Guide - Fifty Years of Television (Book) - excellent tv show reference book.
- TV Squad - for the kind shout out found here.
- Universal Studios - the film studio that launched this great, classic show. Thanks!
- Universal Studios Home Entertainment - for creating the DVDs. Thanks!
- VM02 Da Nang Forum - an excellent MPI forum populated by many die-hard Magnum fans.
- Wikipedia - one of the best, a massive free content encyclopedia project.
- Fabricio Zuardi - for providing the fantastic flash-based XSPF Web Music Player.
And to every
single person involved in the production of Magnum P.I.
- from the student interns to the producers - thank you for creating one of the best, and most beloved, TV shows of all time! Magnum P.I.
is a true one-of-a-kind classic that brings joy and happiness to many, many people!
Steve & J.J.
"Now, I know what you're thinking, and you're right .... "
Shoot me an email if you'd like to have something added or corrected