FYI

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

FYI

#1 Post by Chris109 »

Universal Action channel on ROKU channel 304, or on the app, shows MPI all week, every 4 to six weeks. Goes from Sunday to Sunday. It's on this week. And I believe it is in HD.
They also show 6 mill man, a-team, bionic female, night rider, and maybe another. They've been doing this for at least 6-8 months.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: FYI

#2 Post by Chris109 »

And, I guess they're doing it again this week on Universal Action.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:31 pm Universal Action channel on ROKU channel 304, or on the app, shows MPI all week, every 4 to six weeks. Goes from Sunday to Sunday. It's on this week. And I believe it is in HD.
They also show 6 mill man, a-team, bionic female, night rider, and maybe another. They've been doing this for at least 6-8 months.
Bionic Female? :lol: Is that a PC version of Bionic Woman? Or the opposite?

And Night Rider? A cousin of the Knight Rider? :?

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Chris109 »

They must be doing the H&I thing of doing several episodes. They just started doing Miami Voice.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by 308GUY »

Looks like they are fitting all of their "action" series into a single week, at least for this week. It appears they have "blocks" of the different shows, some 5 hours, some 7 hours, etc., but rather than showing one series for the entire week like they have been doing, they are mixing it up and giving us a little of all of them in the same week. Not a bad idea, IMHO...looks like Magnum is in the "early" slot, just a quick check shows it being on tomorrow starting at 6:30am and I think running through till 10:30am when Miami Vice is scheduled to start airing, then they switch it up again after a few hours of M.V. Mmmmm...interesting... :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:32 pm They must be doing the H&I thing of doing several episodes. They just started doing Miami Voice.
Miami Voice? Is that a reality show? :lol:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Chris109 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:56 pm
Chris109 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:32 pm They must be doing the H&I thing of doing several episodes. They just started doing Miami Voice.

It sounded better than "Miami Shoulder Pads On A Sport Jacket"

Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:07 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:56 pm

It sounded better than "Miami Shoulder Pads On A Sport Jacket"
Wow, Don had a singing career just like the Hoff?? :shock:

Interestingly Don Johnson was the original choice for the Michael Knight role in Knight Rider.

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by charybdis1966 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:10 am
Interestingly Don Johnson was the original choice for the Michael Knight role in Knight Rider.
He was also the studios choice for the Dirk Benedict role (Starbuck) in another Glen Larson production, the original Battlestar Galactica.

Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

charybdis1966 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:44 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:10 am
He was also the studios choice for the Dirk Benedict role (Starbuck) in another Glen Larson production, the original Battlestar Galactica.
On the season 1 DVD of Knight Rider there's a commentary track for the pilot episode with Glen Larson and Hasselhoff. Larson says "It was either you or Don. We went with you because you were cheaper". :lol: Larson did a lot of ribbing at the Hoff who took it all in stride and with good humor. It's an interesting listen. :)

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by charybdis1966 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:48 pm On the season 1 DVD of Knight Rider there's a commentary track for the pilot episode with Glen Larson and Hasselhoff. Larson says "It was either you or Don. We went with you because you were cheaper". :lol: Larson did a lot of ribbing at the Hoff who took it all in stride and with good humor. It's an interesting listen. :)
Ha ha; I do like that The Hoff doesn't take himself too seriously. It's refreshing to see someone from Hollywood be so down to earth.

Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

charybdis1966 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:41 am
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:48 pm On the season 1 DVD of Knight Rider there's a commentary track for the pilot episode with Glen Larson and Hasselhoff. Larson says "It was either you or Don. We went with you because you were cheaper". :lol: Larson did a lot of ribbing at the Hoff who took it all in stride and with good humor. It's an interesting listen. :)
Ha ha; I do like that The Hoff doesn't take himself too seriously. It's refreshing to see someone from Hollywood be so down to earth.
Yeah Larson ribbed him a lot. I think he also said something like "you're a pretty good actor when you don't open your mouth". :D And other stuff too! The Hoff took all that punishment like a real trooper. :) Almost felt sorry for him. Can't recall if he ribbed Larson or not. The Hoff kept pointing out how young he looked back then. :)

I know Selleck didn't think much of Larson or his work. I know that Larson had a reputation of jumping on bandwagons of the latest popular thing and making it for TV. BUTCH CASSIDY was a hit movie so he made Alias Smith and Jones in response. COOGAN'S BLUFF was a popular Clint Eastwood flick so Larson responded with McCloud for television. STAR WARS gave Larson the idea for Battlestar Galactica. HOOPER and other stunt movies with Burt Reynolds/Hal Needham gave Larson the idea for The Fall Guy. I have to say that Knight Rider (by far his best work, of course I'm biased) seems quite original and I can't tell what he might have copied making this show. I don't recall anything on the big screen about a talking car or other vehicle that may have inspired Knight Rider. So at least on that one I feel he had some originality. Also bonus points to that fantastic theme song (for my money the best TV theme ever!) which Larson actually had a hand in, along with composer Stu Phillips. Larson himself was a musician and was part of the group The Four Preps when he was young.

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by Nikita70 »

Don was dating Barbara Streisand when he did the album. I’m thinking likely she has something to do with it, maybe not the writing or production but maybe just advising him to do it.