The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1756 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I see Lenkov also posted about this on Instagram, so I was reading some of the comments and two of them caught my eye...

This person was there last Tuesday/Wednesday, which was before the demolition permit was issued:

This person can't spell henchman so take it with a grain of salt. I just found it interesting that there was maybe a guard-type person there:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1757 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

According to this person, this is a "live shot"...

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1758 Post by Sam »

You can see the doors and the Lanai railings are gone.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1759 Post by Kevster »

Not commenting on lightning rod issues... ;-)

If they are demolishing the improvements, they have to gut the place somewhat beforehand. That MAY HAVE BEEN the "renovations" they thought they were seeing.

The good news if the former President ends up owning the property... They wouldn't divide up the land.
Trust Me!!!

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1760 Post by Kevster »

Sam wrote:You can see the doors and the Lanai railings are gone.
Isn't a chimney missing now?
Trust Me!!!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1761 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Hi Kevster,

The chimney is still there actually...

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1762 Post by Sam »

Is there something missing on the roof at the middle window?.. I guess not but it looks damaged.

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... &start=530

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1763 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:According to this person, this is a "live shot"...

Maybe the old girl will get one more shot in front of the camera with Lenkov blowing it up OR those cover ups are there to help prevent debris flying into the ocean and/or onto someone's head. They do look a bit flimsy for that though..maybe they are adding another layer of metal fencing behind this tarp. I'm sure the wind isn't making it easy for them to install this either, note the holes they've added in some sections. It's almost like a blanket going over a dead body. I wonder if the Nesbitts want to keep the news cameras away as they take her down. I'll bet the news station vans are already parked outside the front gate.
Thanks for posting RG!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1764 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:They do look a bit flimsy for that though..maybe they are adding another layer of metal fencing behind this tarp. I'm sure the wind isn't making it easy for them to install this either, note the holes they've added in some sections. It's almost like a blanket going over a dead body. I wonder if the Nesbitts want to keep the news cameras away as they take her down. I'll bet the news station vans are already parked outside the front gate.
Thanks for posting RG!
You're welcome, KENJI,

Remember there's already the chain link fence behind the tarps... at least I assume the fence is behind the tarps and not in front of? Hard to tell actually.

Last edited by Rembrandt's Girl on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1765 Post by KENJI »

Sam wrote:Is there something missing on the roof at the middle window?.. I guess not but it looks damaged.

Hi Sam,
No chimney in that section, but I see what your talking about....it looks like missing roof tiles, that's all that would be up there. Man, they are not wasting anytime here! Better get her down before anyone objects and gets in their way with some form of work stoppage.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1766 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:
Sam wrote:Is there something missing on the roof at the middle window?.. I guess not but it looks damaged.

Hi Sam,
No chimney in that section, but I see what your talking about....it looks like missing roof tiles, that's all that would be up there. Man, they are not wasting anytime here! Better get her down before anyone objects and gets in their way with some form of work stoppage.
Yes, the roof line looks wrong there. And how old was that roof... remember Eve just replaced it before listing it.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1767 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:They do look a bit flimsy for that though..maybe they are adding another layer of metal fencing behind this tarp. I'm sure the wind isn't making it easy for them to install this either, note the holes they've added in some sections. It's almost like a blanket going over a dead body. I wonder if the Nesbitts want to keep the news cameras away as they take her down. I'll bet the news station vans are already parked outside the front gate.
Thanks for posting RG!
You're welcome, KENJI,

Remember there's already the chain link fence behind the tarps... at least I assume the fence is behind the tarps and not in front of? Hard to tell actually.

Hi RG,
I remember the chain link, just thinking of the higher stuff (8ft range) that you would see at a construction site.........similar to the height of the cover ups......It's almost like a crime scene in progress and they don't want us to see them in the act.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1768 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I wondered the same thing, if Mr. Nesbitt is perhaps a true MPI fan and will replicate Pahonu... fingers crossed!

Edit* - remember there's a basement so if the foundation is remaining, I assume so is the basement, so the new structure will have to have the same footprint, right?
I just read the permit again and it says "No ground disturbance is in the scope" so the basement is remaining in place.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1769 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:

Hi Sam,
Yes, the roof line looks wrong there. And how old was that roof... remember Eve just replaced it before listing it.
Plenty of life left in that roof.....like RG stated....they are taking her down gang.....UGH!

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1770 Post by Kevster »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Those are the pics from the sales ad back in 2015:

The last real estate listing photo in this post shows the chimney on that wing that is to the left in the "live" shot. I don't think it is still there in the current "live" photo.
Trust Me!!!