Oahu MPI MaP

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Oahu MPI MaP

#1 Post by golfmobile »

Who’s doing the map of all the locations? I remember its being discussed on several threads, none of which can I find right now. Remember, I’m going to be there in less than two weeks, and I need a map.

Of course, if I could just get a list of addresses (with identification of what it’s supposed to be, e.g., Carol Baldwin’s house – don’t necessarily need which episode it’s from), then I could probably find most of them with just an Oahu street map, which I could get when I get there.

There are so many street addresses that rubberchicken has found (Sam too, I think, along with James) and ID’ed for us, but they’re pretty well scattered throughout the site.

Maybe folks could just start putting addresses and identification here on this post, and I could block and copy them all into one comprehensive document, for a start.

So feel free, folks, to start dropping addresses right here.

And, James, I think there were some new places identified in the “Who is Don Luis Higgins . . .” thread, and I don’t know if you want to add them to the Locations page here.

Any input or suggestions?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi golf,

Yeah, rubber chicken is doing the "interactive" MPI map. I don't think he's finished it yet, however. You could use the MM On Location page for the info. Click on the 'Map' link for the location you want to see, then print out the Google Map page. Repeat for other locations, then staple all of the printed pages together. Bam, you're ready to roll!

BTW, have a great time while you are there!

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

James J. Walters wrote:Hi golf,

Yeah, rubber chicken is doing the "interactive" MPI map. I don't think he's finished it yet, however. You could use the MM On Location page for the info. Click on the 'Map' link for the location you want to see, then print out the Google Map page. Repeat for other locations, then staple all of the printed pages together. Bam, you're ready to roll!

BTW, have a great time while you are there!

:)
Do I sense an Emeril fan here James????

I don't know where you get your bread crumbs from, but mine aren't seasoned
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#4 Post by n.magnum »

I just arrived here today. I'm using the on location section of this site to go tour all the Magnum pi shooting sites. I'm really excited!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#5 Post by golfmobile »

n.magnum,

Pictures????? please -- Pictures!!!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

Indeed.......Don't be afraid to report in at days end on your excursions and adventures, but most of all..........Hang Loose and have fun!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#7 Post by golfmobile »

Maybe rubberchicken can help with this again.

Though not posted in the "On Location" sites, I found the post in the thread on "Did You See the Sunrise?" for TC's house that RC found. But I can't find the post about Tom Selleck's house while he was living there. I know the picture is posted somewhere here, and I know we located it. But I just spent an hour going through posts, and I can't find it. Oddly enough, it wasn't in the Tom Selleck Thread in Cast and Crew. That's where I thought it would have been. But no luck there.

Can someone point me to the thread or just give me the street address? Then I can Google Earth it to be on my list of places to drive by. I know it's in the Black Point area and overlooks Kahala Bay? Is that it?

Still searching the internet . . . . but I swear I thought it was here.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

golf,

I don't think we ever had an exact address (although I'm sure rubber chicken could pinpoint one for us). His house was in the exclusive Black Point section of Kahala.

http://starbulletin.com/2001/10/10/business/story5.html
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#9 Post by golfmobile »

James,

Yes, that rings a bell. And the picture below, I believe, has the house somewhere among these. I just can't remember which one it was -- whether it was actually on Black Point Road or one of the others. I'm sure someone will remember, but I'm vaguely remembering that it is the house pointed out by the arrow below, which actually fronts on Akulikuli Terrace, but I couldn't certainly be wrong.

Correction?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

This person says it was on Black Point Rd.

http://juliasmexicocity.typepad.com/jul ... eck11.html

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Steve »

Thats a great story.....She invited him to her High School Prom, good for her! I can see right now that we Magnum fans are going to have to push Google,Microsoft and Yahoo maps to get over to Hawaii with those mapping cars and in Microsofts case, the airlplanes or helicopters they use for "street view" and "birds eye view". They are great features if you are traveling to a city that they have mapped out in that fashion to see your Hotel and spots you want to visit..........

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#12 Post by SelleckLover »

James wrote:
This person says it was on Black Point Rd.
I scrolled down and read this comment: (Whew! Kinda racy!)
Had to tell this story...When I was living in LA working in advertising, a magazine gave me a "beauty day" at Jose Eber Salon in Beverly Hills. So I was sitting in the chair getting my hair cut, when I see Jose Eber himself (remember the mesh cowboy hat and long hair?) walking up with...yes, Tom Selleck. He stood next to me as Jose asked what he wanted done. Tom wears tight jeans, and since his crotch was at my eye level (he's tall), I had to ogle. And lets just say....Tom's a big boy.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#13 Post by rubber chicken »

Hey golf, give me a few days to organize things in my google earth project and I'll finally put that out. I'm not near being finished and I wish I could complete it so it could be released in a finished state, but of course I also want people visiting Oahu to easily see what options they have to visit Magnum P.I. locations. :)

Out of curiosity I counted all the location markers in my GE project and was surprised at the number - 330! Those include locations pointed out by Sam and James and a few others.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#14 Post by rubber chicken »

golfmobile wrote:James,

Yes, that rings a bell. And the picture below, I believe, has the house somewhere among these. I just can't remember which one it was -- whether it was actually on Black Point Road or one of the others. I'm sure someone will remember, but I'm vaguely remembering that it is the house pointed out by the arrow below, which actually fronts on Akulikuli Terrace, but I couldn't certainly be wrong.

Correction?

golf
Also meant to say that this is the correct house, as there is a permit in Mr. Selleck's name on the Oahu property site, and the roof from the picture (in the article James linked) matches.

It's address is listed as being on Akulikuli Terrace which as your picture above shows is the small dead end road north west of the house, but the picture of the house in James' link is from the Black Point Road direction which seems to indicate that side is more the "front" of the house. I can't be 100% sure which side is considered the front, but it's possible that with more of the property line of the house being on Black Point Road, the property could also use that address (which would match with the woman's linked blog). (?) Or Mr. Selleck could have moved to this house from another location on Black Point Road, but that seems less likely.

However, part of Black Point is a private gated community. I can't make out any gates in google maps though, so I'm unsure which parts are off limits to the public.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

I wonder if the Takeis still own it and if they might be interested in renting the 1-bedroom guesthouse for a week . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."