The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Tom Selleck Thread

#961 Post by 308GUY »

Happy Birthday guys! Yea...that goes out to both Thomas AND yourself!

Hope both of you have a great day.... :lol: 8)

"I never wanted to go to France anyway..." (Although they say Paris is nice in the spring... :geek: )
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#962 Post by T.Q. »

308GUY wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:16 pm Happy Birthday guys! Yea...that goes out to both Thomas AND yourself!

Hope both of you have a great day.... :lol: 8)

"I never wanted to go to France anyway..." (Although they say Paris is nice in the spring... :geek: )
Thanks 308. :D
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#963 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

T.Q. wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm Tom and my birthday today (I share the date with him).

76 for Tom.
50 (yikes that's hard to type) for me.
Happy Birthday Tom!
Pretty sure we both wish we were still FORTY.

Happy Birthday T.Q. I enjoy your posts.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#964 Post by T.Q. »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:00 am
T.Q. wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm Tom and my birthday today (I share the date with him).

76 for Tom.
Happy Birthday Tom!

Thanks Dobie.

Those are the Maniacs in the Gorilla Masks. :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#965 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

76 for Tom.

Happy Birthday Tom!

Happy birthday... although I'm not sure "happy" is the correct word to use when you reach this age. I usually just nod grimly, then change the subject.

I have the same birthday as Magnum (not Tom Selleck). He's exactly 25 years older than me.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#966 Post by T.Q. »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:18 pm

76 for Tom.

Happy Birthday Tom!

Happy birthday... although I'm not sure "happy" is the correct word to use when you reach this age. I usually just nod grimly, then change the subject.

I have the same birthday as Magnum (not Tom Selleck). He's exactly 25 years older than me.
Thanks Mad,

Haha. I noticed the T.Q. Awesome. :lol:

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#967 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 am
Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:18 pm

76 for Tom.

Happy Birthday Tom!

Thanks Mad,

Haha. I noticed the T.Q. Awesome. :lol:
I hadn’t noticed. Well done and happy birthday!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#968 Post by T.Q. »

Thanks Pahonu. :wink:

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#969 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Many happy returns, T.Q.!! :magnum:

If you plan to surf-ski alone on your birthday please stay close to shore. Lest some turkeys spoil your day.

Oh, and you must have missed the episode "Fifty". That's from the unreleased 9th season of the show. Some day you may come across it. In the meantime enjoy "Forty". :)

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#970 Post by T.Q. »

IvanTheTerrible wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:49 pm Many happy returns, T.Q.!! :magnum:

If you plan to surf-ski alone on your birthday please stay close to shore. Lest some turkeys spoil your day.

Oh, and you must have missed the episode "Fifty". That's from the unreleased 9th season of the show. Some day you may come across it. In the meantime enjoy "Forty". :)
Thanks Ivan.

Where's my present?

I was expecting you to send fifty 'Cookies' to my house.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#971 Post by ConchRepublican »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:00 am

76 for Tom.
Happy Birthday Tom!

Happy belated birthday T.Q.!!

Sorry I missed the day, I hope you enjoyed it!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#972 Post by T.Q. »

Thanks Conch.

I guess at F...F...F...F...FFFIFTY... There I said it... I guess I need to start acting more like a mature mature adult.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#973 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:08 am Thanks Conch.

I guess at F...F...F...F...FFFIFTY... There I said it... I guess I need to start acting more like a mature mature adult.

Hasn't stopped me yet and I have passed that milestone already.

As Jimmy Buffett sings "there's still so much to be done".
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#974 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

I just recently saw the movie RUNAWAY from 1984. What are people's thoughts on it? I thought it was pretty good. Liked the killer robots idea. Selleck was good, his female partner VERY HOT (hotter than Kirstie Alley whom he seemed to be more interested in), and Gene Simmons totally over the top in his personification of pure evil. He played the same "pure evil" character 2 years later opposite Rutger Hauer in WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE. Those killer "spider robots" gave me the creeps but did anyone else automatically flash to ALIENS with those little scurrying aliens? I wonder if James Cameron wasn't watching this movie and liked those spiders and decided to "borrow" this idea for his aliens 2 years later. That's what I kept thinking the whole time. I thought the finale atop the construction site elevator (with those spiders attacking Selleck) was really tense!! Best part of the movie!

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#975 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

IvanTheTerrible wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:37 pm I just recently saw the movie RUNAWAY from 1984. What are people's thoughts on it? I thought it was pretty good. Liked the killer robots idea. Selleck was good, his female partner VERY HOT (hotter than Kirstie Alley whom he seemed to be more interested in)
Yes, exactly. I thought Cynthia Rhodes was far more attractive (both physically and character) than Kirstie Alley.

I watched this movie a couple times back in the mid 80's, then it disappeared. I searched for it for years on VHS, but couldn't find it anywhere. I don't know why it was so hard to find. It took me another couple decades before I found it - on DVD.

It's not quite as good as I remembered. The robot spiders are great, special effects are good, most of the acting is good and the basic story is fine - but the home scenes with the robot maid are cringeworthy and the kid is a bit annoying. It's pretty dumb that police officers would be sent to farms and work sites to disable runaway robots. I can understand the homicidal robots, but not just malfunctioning robots.

Maybe I'll edit the movie to remove the dumb stuff and turn it into a great movie.