5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 66

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#31 Post by Sam »

T.Q. wrote:
T.Q. wrote:Backyard of Judge Kearns house looks like same house of another movie or show and I can’t place it.

Was a house set in Costa Rica where some monsters were hit. Goodfellas?

Might be totally wrong but looks like same house. :wink:
Hi TQ.. you are right that is the house I'm curious have you seen Rubber Chickens location guide?

http://magnum-mania.com/A_Rubber_Chicken_Guide.html
Yes. Love it. Downloaded for Google Earth once. :D[/quote]

Ok.. don't take this the wrong way the reason I asked you is because it's already been identified as the location.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#32 Post by T.Q. »

Sam wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
T.Q. wrote:Backyard of Judge Kearns house looks like same house of another movie or show and I can’t place it.

Was a house set in Costa Rica where some monsters were hit. Goodfellas?

Might be totally wrong but looks like same house. :wink:
Hi TQ.. you are right that is the house I'm curious have you seen Rubber Chickens location guide?

http://magnum-mania.com/A_Rubber_Chicken_Guide.html
Yes. Love it. Downloaded for Google Earth once. :D
Ok.. don't take this the wrong way the reason I asked you is because it's already been identified as the location.[/quote]

As what location?
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: Death of the Flowers (7.12)

#33 Post by Sam »

The judge house has has already been documented and tagged.
Check the rubber chicken guide

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by T.Q. »

Sam wrote:The judge house has has already been documented and tagged.
Thanks Sam.

My question had nothing to do with that.

I had thought the house was used in another show where the scene was set in Costa Rica... I was wrong anyway.

I never mentioned anything about its location in Hawai'i nor did I ask where it was.

Cheers. :)
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Sam »

T.Q. wrote:
Thanks Sam.

I had thought the house was used in another show where the scene was set in Costa Rica... I was wrong anyway.

I never mentioned anything about its location in Hawai'i nor did I ask where it was.

Hi TQ
Okay that was my fault I missed it I thought you were questioning the judge location sorry about that.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by Sam »

T.Q. wrote:
Thanks Sam.

Hi TQ
Okay that was my fault I missed it I thought you were questioning the judge location sorry about that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by T.Q. »

Sam wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
Thanks Sam.

Hi TQ
No worries. :)

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by ENSHealy »

EPISODE: 7.12 Death of the Flowers

Famous guest stars:
Hawaiian shirts: 1
Tigers Cap:
Island Hopper shirts:
Shirtless Magnum:
OMG: 1
Higgins Organizations:
Higgins musings:
Negotiations:
Gun Play:
Bullet wounds:
Body Count (by Magnum):
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking:
When I write HTBAWCPI: .5 It’s a stretch – Thomas mentions playing mental games like 20 questions is good to keep his deductive reasoning sharp
Investigator corrections:
4th wall breaks:
Magnumometer: 2.5
Magnumometer Moments: https://vimeo.com/680011030

Questions and Observations:
1. Why did Icepick spring for the flowers and show up at Rick’s parents’ funeral. Did Rick’s father work for him? Rick doesn’t seem to know him, is he thinking he might pick up a future foot soldier if he makes an impression on Rick? Or is he just being an upstanding guy in the neighborhood, figuring a little good PR never hurts the business?
2. TM isn’t being much of a friend to Carol, not wanting to listen to her vent at lunch. Granted, he makes up for it later, but I thought it was odd him trying to weasel out of that.
3. He’s still doing stakeouts in the Ferrari? I mean, he couldn’t ask Higgins for the jeep now and again?
4. I’m thinking all that evidence from the office would be inadmissible, seeing as how it was procured in an illegal B&E.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by charybdis1966 »

Having watched this one tonight I have vague recollections of having seen it before during the ‘80s.
I recall the Chinese woman in the flower shop was the villain of the episode the first time we saw her say something about “no police, we don’t want any trouble” and I didn’t really understand what was going on in the story first time round. I was young and dumb then - now I’m old and dumb 😬.
This time I paid attention and there are a few things to like.
It was interesting to hear some narration for Rick as I like to see other regular cast members get their back story fleshed out a bit. The tone of the coda to the story was different, which I liked.
In fact my only gripe is, you guessed it, that it was centred on that wretched Baldwin woman. 🤮
Oh well, Higgy, Rick and TM made up for that and I largely enjoyed this one.

502-to-right
Lieutenant Commander

#40 Post by 502-to-right »

Weak episode. Icepick as a snitch? I'm not buying it.

Plus, all the evidence Magnum and Carol found would be suppressed as it was gathered in an illegal search under the 4th Amendment. No convictions for anyone.

I think the story lines were admirable, but the execution was ham handed and unbelievable.