The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Capa150
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#2731 Post by Capa150 »

I just tried to access it, and it does not work for me.

I think you need to look at the file in drop box and click "share" and make sure the link settings are such that "anyone can view."

Capa150
Lieutenant Commander

#2732 Post by Capa150 »

When I try the link, it says in a red box, "The folder '/Public/SketchUp/ Pahonu floor ...' doesn't exist."

robbie308
Lieutenant

#2733 Post by robbie308 »

Saw this on Instagram a few days ago.

The building progresses, but the gate house and the boat house are obviously still there.

Robert
"Oh – my – god!"

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#2734 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Very nice picture and angle of view ! The seawalls rising is going well. As It looks like, there are two group of villas: each time partly on concrete/stone slab groundings and also over what seems to be stilts ?
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#2735 Post by Pahonu »

Gorilla Mask wrote:Very nice picture and angle of view ! The seawalls rising is going well. As It looks like, there are two group of villas: each time partly on concrete/stone slab groundings and also over what seems to be stilts ?
I don’t think we’re seeing the sea walls raised. That’s fencing with protective fabric to keep construction debris from getting in the water. It’s typically required on construction projects near rivers, lakes, and the ocean. I believe the new structures are being built on piling because of sea level rise and potential erosion. The area between the pilings may or may not be filled in based on aesthetic decisions.

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#2736 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Pahonu wrote:
Gorilla Mask wrote:Very nice picture and angle of view ! The seawalls rising is going well. As It looks like, there are two group of villas: each time partly on concrete/stone slab groundings and also over what seems to be stilts ?
I don’t think we’re seeing the sea walls raised. That’s fencing with protective fabric to keep construction debris from getting in the water. It’s typically required on construction projects near rivers, lakes, and the ocean. I believe the new structures are being built on piling because of sea level rise and potential erosion. The area between the pilings may or may not be filled in based on aesthetic decisions.

Oups ! :shock: Panohu, you're obviously right... My shortsighted eyes are getting old and my glasses need tuning... :roll: Nothing to replace the expert's look ! :wink:

Paradise
Ensign

#2737 Post by Paradise »

Greetings Magnum PI Fans,

I'm new here and I am glad to have found this forum among fellow fans. I hope to find photos of here of Robin's Nest before it was demolished. (Those bastards, how dare they!?) I'm sure many of them are buried in these many threads and I can't wait to go through them! Take care and I look forward to interacting with you all more soon.

---
Paradise

MHTR
Vice Admiral

#2738 Post by MHTR »

Paradise wrote:Greetings Magnum PI Fans,

I'm new here and I am glad to have found this forum among fellow fans. I hope to find photos of here of Robin's Nest before it was demolished. (Those bastards, how dare they!?) I'm sure many of them are buried in these many threads and I can't wait to go through them! Take care and I look forward to interacting with you all more soon.

---
Paradise
Welcome. Here's some for starters: http://magnum-mania.com/Pics/Pahonu.html
And: http://magnum-mania.com/Articles/Robins_Nest.html

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#2739 Post by Gorilla Mask »

JosipCro
Captain

#2740 Post by JosipCro »

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#2741 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Quite a sad sight, indeed, in spite of the teenager pop music that accompanies it.... :( :(

The sequence is dated january 2019. Is anyone have an idea about the function of the wooden stage upon now gone main house location ? acheological/exploratory digging ? :roll:

robbie308
Lieutenant

#2742 Post by robbie308 »

A new screenshot which I took from an Instagram video a few days ago. Not very clear, but ist seems the foundations are completed. It's difficult to spot the boat house, but at least the gate house is still there.

"Oh – my – god!"

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#2743 Post by T.Q. »

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#2744 Post by Pahonu »

These look like flat roofs to me, not foundations. They seem further along!

JosipCro
Captain

#2745 Post by JosipCro »

Robins Nest fit best here ...