Imagine a Lost MPI Episode is Found...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

Imagine a Lost MPI Episode is Found...

#1 Post by lutherhgillis »

Imagine one lost episode was filmed and stored. It has now been discovered. Which season should it be from and what is the subject matter?
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Season 8, Resolutions 3, give us some real resolution!

Donuts ensucrats
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by Donuts ensucrats »

Season 9

1-Ivan's Back
Mare de Déu Senyor!!!!!!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Great question . . .

I'm thinking something from the first 2 seasons, when the show was freshest and it's most fun. Maybe extend or flesh out an episode. Perhaps a Return of Digger in season 2 (or season 3) since they never made her pilot?

Maybe A Jororo Kill prequal? An episode where David Bannister is working on something behind the scenes and he and TM keep crossing paths, working from different angles, but just keep missing each other?

I think we all would welcome a "History of Higgins" episode. Maybe he and TM hit the decanter and instead of TM walking out in the middle of a story, he sits down and lets Higgy roll . . .

I do agree that a Resolutions 3 would be a welcome addition.

The possibilities, while not endless, are many!!!!
Last edited by ConchRepublican on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by lutherhgillis »

I was thinking along the same line as you, Conch. Either an early series one-off episode that was super fun and exciting or a season 10 episode that answers all the questions...

The possibilites are so many, it makes you wonder what could have been if the show had not been shot in Hawaii. Hawaii was super costly and super incovenient logistically. What if the show had been shot in Hollywood and Belasario & Selleck were comitted to running 10 seasons? It would have happened. But, then again, if you take Hawaii out of the picture then part of the perfect storm that created the MPI success would be missing... It makes you think.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

I like the ideas so far.

I'd like to see an episode with Orson Welles (in the flesh) as Robin Masters, or Jack Lord as McGarrett. Or maybe an episode where Magnum has his Coleco Electronic Baseball Game stolen (surely he has one of these, we just never saw it) and he spends a whole episode tracking it down (and demolishing those responsible for its theft). An episode with Ann-Margaret as a guest star, perhaps. Gypsy's Curse as a bonus in Season Three.

Yeah, something along those lines. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

lutherhgillis wrote:I was thinking along the same line as you, Conch. Either an early series one-off episode that was super fun and exciting or a season 10 episode that answers all the questions...

The possibilites are so many, it makes you wonder what could have been if the show had not been shot in Hawaii. Hawaii was super costly and super incovenient logistically. What if the show had been shot in Hollywood and Belasario & Selleck were comitted to running 10 seasons? It would have happened. But, then again, if you take Hawaii out of the picture then part of the perfect storm that created the MPI success would be missing... It makes you think.
Season 8.... OH MY GOD... A Higgins Family Reunion.

Elmo back from the dead! (And a little helping of Lexie on the side)
Father Paddy gets off the sauce!
Don Luis makes his move on Agatha!
The appearance of Su Ling, Elizabeth Whitefeather and Catoomba Noomba!
Albert Stanley Higgins rolls up in the Three Wheeled Renault!
Higgins' sister arrives from Sussex with her 4 beastly children!
And Magnum left to smile while Higgins almost goes stark raving mad.

The real mystery being that TC's Rainbow suspenders have been stolen, and a roll of microfilm was hidden in them that are integral to a secret US weapons program that are integral to Hawaii's defense against Quang Ki, who has gotten back into the good graces of the Communist Vietnamese regime.

It turns out that Ricks sister's killers were actually working for Quang Ki and his secret drug empire which fueled his quest for revenge against Thomas Magnum.

Will Magnum solve the crime? Will TC ever be able to keep his pants up ever again? Will Rick gain ultimate revenge on the man indirectly behind his sister's killer?

Stay tuned for the next Magnum PI!

(Granted... the post is mainly in good fun... but I think Season 8 could have done with A) A Higgins Family reunion and B) Magnum taking out Quang Ki... actually, what would be even better is Higgins saving Magnum at the last minute and doing it himself.)

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by lutherhgillis »

Doc,

I love the ideas. All would have been great, especially the Higgins dysfunctional family reunion!

I have always thought the MPI movie that should have been made in the mid 90s should deal with TM and the gang doing a, shall we say, para-legal operation to assassinate Quang Ki. Maybe the buildup could be that Ki was behind the killing of Rick's sister, TC's friend Ron, and even Elmo Ziller! ... :lol: The possibilities are endless!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#9 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:An episode with Ann-Margaret as a guest star, perhaps. Gypsy's Curse as a bonus in Season Three.
Funny, I've never noticed those unfilmed screenplays before. Cool! :D

For me, I'd like to see an early season episode that's a Vietnam memory of the guys somehow caught up in solving a case during R&R in Bangkok. Maybe a soldier who's also part of their unit is accused of murdering a senior officer, but he can't remember anything about the night. It turns out the officer is involved in some shady business like opium smuggling and another officer (who killed him) needs a fall guy...Magnum GI/PI!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

Doc Ibold wrote:Season 8.... OH MY GOD... A Higgins Family Reunion.

Elmo back from the dead! (And a little helping of Lexie on the side)
Father Paddy gets off the sauce!
Don Luis makes his move on Agatha!
The appearance of Su Ling, Elizabeth Whitefeather and Catoomba Noomba!
Albert Stanley Higgins rolls up in the Three Wheeled Renault!
Higgins' sister arrives from Sussex with her 4 beastly children!
And Magnum left to smile while Higgins almost goes stark raving mad.

The real mystery being that TC's Rainbow suspenders have been stolen, and a roll of microfilm was hidden in them that are integral to a secret US weapons program that are integral to Hawaii's defense against Quang Ki, who has gotten back into the good graces of the Communist Vietnamese regime.

It turns out that Ricks sister's killers were actually working for Quang Ki and his secret drug empire which fueled his quest for revenge against Thomas Magnum.

Will Magnum solve the crime? Will TC ever be able to keep his pants up ever again? Will Rick gain ultimate revenge on the man indirectly behind his sister's killer?

Stay tuned for the next Magnum PI!

(Granted... the post is mainly in good fun... but I think Season 8 could have done with A) A Higgins Family reunion and B) Magnum taking out Quang Ki... actually, what would be even better is Higgins saving Magnum at the last minute and doing it himself.)
Doc! LMAO!! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#11 Post by Agatha »

Me, too, Doc!!

:lol:

I've always thought it would be fun to have an episode...or a movie!!...that would bring back some of the lesser characters in the original episodes.

Maybe Tran Quoc grown up and in the Navy...

Maybe a grown up Teresa ("Willie") working in a museum...

Maybe Marian, the marine biologist , stationed in Hawaii...

Maybe Mary Elizabeth grown up...with some help from a wealthy widow...

Maybe another connection to Jororo with a new, young king now that his father has died...

Still hoping...

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by lutherhgillis »

Agatha,

Lesser characters made into another episode or a movie? Maybe this could work.

How about Ivan coming back and working together with Quang Ki to assassinate Magnum and TC? Or how about Michelle coming back and getting revealed as a VC agent all along (I never liked her)?

Or Tran Quac Jones coming back and saying, "Hey, why did you guys just leave me on the street?" :lol:

The possibilities are endless.

I still like the idea about a Higgins dysfunctional family reunion best!!!

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#13 Post by Dervish »

Equalizer crossover. :p

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#14 Post by Agatha »

Sorry, Luther! You're not allowed to "bring back" dead people!!

Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

Agatha wrote:Sorry, Luther! You're not allowed to "bring back" dead people!!

Thanks Agatha! I was wondering if people thought TM missed????
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04