Season 6

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

Season 6

#1 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

I just got Season 6 in the mail today. Are there any episodes I should watch first?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi TM

Well, Season Six is generally considered to be the weakest season, but it does contain some good episodes. And hey, it's Magnum right. A bad Magnum episode is better than most "good" episodes, from most shows. ;)

I like to watch the episodes in order, but if you are looking for some good episodes to start with, I'd suggest Deja Vu (the first episode of the season), Going Home, or The Kona Winds. All solid episodes.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#3 Post by Shermy »

One good thing about Season 6 is that everyone was really comfortable in their roles by that point. I mean, compare a routine episode like Old Acquaintance to Season 1's Ugliest Dog in Hawaii. Both feature similar plots (and are a bit silly), but Acquaintance just has a little more depth to it.

I think the problem is that this is a transitional season, as the show was beginning to move towards the more dramatic tone of Seasons 7 and 8. Tom Selleck obviously wanted Magnum to begin growing up, but I don't think all the different writers knew how to balance that approach with what had gone before.

Waltstasz
Admiral

#4 Post by Waltstasz »

Just watch them all. :wink: I'll be starting the third disc tonight and I thought that they were all pretty good so far.
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

grundle
Admiral

#5 Post by grundle »

My favorite season 6 episode is "Who Is Don Luis Higgins....."

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#6 Post by Shermy »

I like The Kona Winds, Blood and Honor, and Rapture.