Magnum "Lost" Episode: Forbidden Island

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#16 Post by rubber chicken »

Just wanted to add my thanks. :)
T.C.s apartment building, nighttime.
Did anyone else notice this? I guess it was written before TC's house was shown?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#17 Post by SelleckLover »

WOW! Doc Ibold! Thank you for your synopsis of Forbidden Island! My synopsis pales in comparison to yours!

There was a lot of stuff I left out of mine because the writer of "Cheapshot" was following the 'W' diagram: something bad happens to the hero, (the downstroke) he almost overcomes the problem, (the upstroke) something new happens that sets him back, (downstroke) then he finally overcomes the problem (last upstroke). Everything else that happens is just filler. This is the formula used by most professional writers at that time, to sell their creative property to a TV show.

I really enjoyed reading your synopsis, and appreciate all the time you put into it! NICE!!! :D

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#18 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hey golfmobile.

I'd be totally willing to share, but, unfortunately, I don't have access to a scanner to do that. (I wouldn't have charged you guys anyhow)

In terms of the $45 spent, I would say it was totally worth it. Its almost like I have a brand new episode in my head.

The odd part is, I can almost imagine having watched it at some point.

Maybe I can find some way of getting it to you.

Hmmm.

eeyore
Admiral

#19 Post by eeyore »

Thanks for sharing! I have had fantasies of a surprise on the final DVD set. like lost epsisodes or bloopers or even a where are they now story. I'm dreaming I know.
Were any of the lost episodes ever filmed?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#20 Post by golfmobile »

eeyore,

I hadn't thought of bloopers! Now THERE is something I WOULD love to see! Not that I don't enjoy watching the episodes over and over . . . . but bloopers would be TO DIE FOR!

Doc Ibold,

I PM'ed you about getting it to me so I can scan it to pdf and put it on a CD. Did you check your PMs? I'll be happy to send you my address in a PM if you'll trust me with the script.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

eeyore
Admiral

#21 Post by eeyore »

It would probably feel a bit sad, but a short documentary showing the estate in present day might be interesting, too.
Like I've posted before I don't think those in power who could do this type of thing, share our passion.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#22 Post by golfmobile »

eeyore,

I agree. I wish there were some way that TS could find this site and follow along. Maybe he wants to move away from the Magnum Mania, but I would think there would be a VERY strong following (if publicized enough) for a "Return to Robin's Nest" special with as many of the original actors as they could assemble. Have them sitting around on the patio at the estate and talking about filming the show and walking around the estate, the beach, the pier for TC's Island Hoppers, and visiting sites where they filmed particular scenes. Just a retrospective of what it was like for them then. Show a scene from the original episode, then show the actors now on the same site.

I think there would be a VERY great interest in seeing something like this. I can really picture TS hosting it, opening shot on the beach, then walks up to the estate grounds, meets the others near the house, they reminisce and talk of their memories -- intercut with shots from the show. Etc., etc. That would be SO interesting. End up with TS back on the beach saying thanks for the memories -- and for the continuing love for Magnum P.I.

I'm SUCH a dreamer . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

eeyore
Admiral

#23 Post by eeyore »

That WOULD be wonderful! :)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#24 Post by J.J. Walters »

The Forbidden Island page has been added to the site! Outside of the direct link, it can be accessed via the Episode Guide in the 'Unfilmed Episodes' section.

I've also added a news item to the main page (the root url) about the write-ups.

Once again, much thanks to Doc Ibold and SelleckLover (for Cheapshot) for writing these fantastic synopsis'! It makes for a great addition to the site.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

The full script is available for viewing and/or download on the episode guide: http://magnum-mania.com/Episodes/Unfilm ... sland.html.

Much thanks to Doc Ibold for graciously offering up the .pdf free of charge. Magnum fans everywhere thank you!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!