The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#2896 Post by Sam »

Pahonu wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:05 am
IvanTheTerrible wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:23 pm
He's such a hypocrite!! Typical politician. Better than the "unwashed" masses. :roll:
There are no outdoor mask mandates in Hawaii currently. Any work indoors requires one, however. You forgot that he scowled in the photo… unbelievable that he scowled. How could he!!! The political pile on is sad.
Hey Pahonu..
A couple of questions..

Do we know if Eve applied for the permits for the seawall prior to listing?
Why the Obama secrecy for ownership?

Observation..The political pile on is sad....
Not exactly sure why you say that.. He called him a typical politician.. I didn't see political party referenced

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#2897 Post by charybdis1966 »

He's such a hypocrite!! Typical politician. Better than the "unwashed" masses. :roll:
There are no outdoor mask mandates in Hawaii currently. Any work indoors requires one, however. You forgot that he scowled in the photo… unbelievable that he scowled. How could he!!! The political pile on is sad.
I think the point here is that the workers were probably ordered to wear masks by Obama to protect him. Agreed, it could well be speculation/conjecture on this point but, as they say in today's idiom, the optics are not good.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#2898 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:54 am
Hey Pahonu..
A couple of questions..

Do we know if Eve applied for the permits for the seawall prior to listing?
Why the Obama secrecy for ownership?

Observation..The political pile on is sad....
Not exactly sure why you say that.. He called him a typical politician.. I didn't see political party referenced
I don’t know if the sea wall permits were approved before listing, but they were applied for by Eve Anderson and approved and paid for before the sale went through. That has been stated in several news articles and would be a necessary contingency for any buyer. The point is that without the permit to allow them to remain and to reinforce them, the property would become increasingly vulnerable and couldn’t be protected.

This very issue is at play in several places along the California coast and in some places in New England and the East Coast. Homes that are threatened are living on limited time and owners are trying to get sea walls built or they will lose their properties to encroachment. They cannot sell them because no one wants to risk millions on a structure that will be destroyed. I read about one seller in New Jersey who sold a beachfront home at a fraction of the typical price to get out. The buyer paid cash and could not get any homeowners insurance, but took the gamble at such a low price. In that case it was both rising sea level and potential storm damage. The buyer may get several years in the home for a relatively low price or it could be gone in the next storm season. It was still several 100 thousands.

We still don’t know the details of the LLC that developed the property and may never know all the investors. That’s not uncommon and add in the celebrity of the former president and it seems pretty typical. We know Marty Nesbit created the LLC and Obama likely invested originally, but this is going to be an association of some kind as it is three homes on two lots, sharing common space. We don’t know who has ownership of which homes. Perhaps there were three original investors. It’s also possible that one may be sold after completion or at a later time. There’s so much we don’t know but people want to believe certain things and jump to conclusions.

I was referencing the article by Fox, which does have a party preference, with piling on politically. Plus the cry of hypocrisy before understanding the current mask rules in that area.
Last edited by Pahonu on Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pahonu

#2899 Post by Pahonu »

charybdis1966 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:04 am
I think the point here is that the workers were probably ordered to wear masks by Obama to protect him. Agreed, it could well be speculation/conjecture on this point but, as they say in today's idiom, the optics are not good.
Not good optics at all. The workers would be wearing masks while indoors doing the finishing work according to current Hawaii requirements. That’s the stage of construction they appear to be in, interior finishes, and probably why he is there. I don’t know if they were ordered to put them on or they did not take them off. It doesn’t really matter as far as the hypocrisy claim goes. The current rules are being followed in the photo… except perhaps for the scowling. :D

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#2900 Post by T.Q. »

I have visions of Obama and Al Gore sitting in hammocks on one of their many oceanfront properties, stogies and scotch in hand, toasting and laughing at all of us while counting their fat stacks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu

#2901 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:40 pm
I have visions of Obama and Al Gore sitting in hammocks on one of their many oceanfront properties, stogies and scotch in hand, toasting and laughing at all of us while counting their fat stacks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
A sort of Trump at Mar-a-Lago vibe then? :lol:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2902 Post by Sam »

I was referencing the article by Fox, which does have a party preference, with piling on politically.

The story originate with the DailyMail..The news agencies that reported it,also referenced scowling..

Msn piling on.

Scowling Barack Obama inspects the construction of his new mansion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/scowl ... Kz#image=1

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#2903 Post by T.Q. »

Pahonu wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:54 pm
Trump doesn't pretend to be anything other than Trump. :P :P :P
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu

#2904 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:49 pm I was referencing the article by Fox, which does have a party preference, with piling on politically.

The story originate with the DailyMail..The news agencies that reported it,also referenced scowling..

Msn piling on.

Scowling Barack Obama inspects the construction of his new mansion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/scowl ... Kz#image=1
Yes it did, and that’s an msn link to the same The Daily Mail article, which others on the forum have rightly commented is known for its sensationalism and tabloid nature. Alternatively, Fox used it as the basis for their own article. That’s the definition of piling on. Fox didn’t even do any more research but simply quoted The Daily Mail to create another story.

Pahonu

#2905 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:57 pm
Trump doesn't pretend to be anything other than Trump. :P :P :P
I disagree. He pretends about a lot of stuff, like being deep in debt when it’s tax time but incredibly wealthy to potential investors. He still pretends he had more people at his inauguration than were present and that he won the last election. That’s a lot of pretending, it seems. :D

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#2906 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

So why are the construction workers wearing masks OUTSIDE?????

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#2907 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Oh yeah, great analogy. Except that Trump isn't yelling about melting ice caps and dying polar bears and that the world is ending soon if we don't do something fast!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#2908 Post by T.Q. »

Pahonu wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:27 pm
I disagree. He pretends about a lot of stuff, like being deep in debt when it’s tax time but incredibly wealthy to potential investors. He still pretends he had more people at his inauguration than were present and that he won the last election. That’s a lot of pretending, it seems. :D
Well, I'm not getting into a broad discussion about Trump.

I just made a climate emergency joke about oceanfront estates being owned by "sea level rising" climate alarmists.

Pretty undeniable to me.

Don't know how Trump got brought up.

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#2909 Post by charybdis1966 »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:41 pm

I just made a climate emergency joke about oceanfront estates being owned by "sea level rising" climate alarmists.

Pretty undeniable to me.

I agree T.Q., seems like a a touch of whataboutery was going on.

Pahonu

#2910 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:41 pm

Pretty undeniable to me.

You seem to have said something about politicians including Al Gore in hammocks on one of their many oceanfront properties… toasting and laughing at all of us while counting their fat stacks.

It reminds me of Trump perhaps the way it reminded you of Al Gore.

I didn’t make the first comment about politics or politicians in this conversation.