CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

☨magnum.t
Admiral

Re: CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

#181 Post by ☨magnum.t »

ConchRepublican wrote:
☨magnum.t wrote:The more they try to make this like the original, the more disturbed I am because I hate cheap knockoffs. If they would have just used the character names and location but made an entirely new show I would be a much happier camper. I feel like Lenkov really thinks he is going to make a better more improved Magnum not a reboot that honors the Original.

☨magnum.t, you and I should get together for a few cocktals and a bitching session, I'm thinking we'd get each other good and riled up! LOL!
HAHA yeah its got to the point now that when I'm hanging out with my friends and they hear me say MAGN... they start rolling their eyes and saying not this again lol
That reminds me of the time....

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#182 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

A teeny-tiny bit of plot info from Lenkov...

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#183 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
☨magnum.t wrote:The more they try to make this like the original, the more disturbed I am because I hate cheap knockoffs. If they would have just used the character names and location but made an entirely new show I would be a much happier camper. I feel like Lenkov really thinks he is going to make a better more improved Magnum not a reboot that honors the Original.

☨magnum.t, you and I should get together for a few cocktals and a bitching session, I'm thinking we'd get each other good and riled up! LOL!
So i'm thinking filming may wrap this week or next and the show will air during May sweeps. It will be fun to check this site right after as it will be a beehive of opinions!

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#184 Post by ☨magnum.t »

I was under the impression a panel of selected viewers will watch it first and if it is well received then be aired on television.
That reminds me of the time....

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#185 Post by Core 4 »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

So i'm thinking filming may wrap this week or next and the show will air during May sweeps. It will be fun to check this site right after as it will be a beehive of opinions!
They filming about three weeks. So next week they wrap filming. If CBS will order season 1 of Magnum P.I. (which is almost certain), in May we see first trailer, and pilot episode will air in September.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#186 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, I'd say it's a foregone conclusion at this point. The reboot will most certainly be picked up for a season (probably 13 episodes to start)! Especially since there is so much crossover with the HFO reboot, and all the publicity.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#187 Post by Core 4 »

Two photos from Peter. On first we see Peter with Jay, Zachary, Stephen, and Domenick. On second we see Peter with Jay, Perdita, Zachary, Stephen, Domenick, and mysterious woman (I think this actress will play Hannah).

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#188 Post by Core 4 »

Looks like the pilot for Magnum P.I. wraps up tomorrow:

PS. And another photo from Peter. @plenkov: Wrap today #magnumpi

https://www.instagram.com/plenkov/

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#189 Post by J.J. Walters »

Woot!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#190 Post by perfectlykevin »

OK, I just found out that the Estate is being demolished and was crushed. I decided to come here (have been having log-in issues for awhile) to see about info on that to find that a reboot is taking place!!

I'm going to need to sit down and absorb all of this! :shock: Can anyone grab me an Old Dussledorf?? :magnum:

Kev

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#191 Post by Core 4 »

Article from Deadline about pilots in season 2018-2019 (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW). About Magnum P.I.:

The Magnum P.I. reboot, from Peter Lenkov, who has two reboots on the CBS schedule, Hawaii Five-0 and MacGyver, is solid early on. Directed by Justin Lin, it is said to be CBS’ most expensive pilot this season, and I hear it got an extra day of shooting in Hawaii, indicating the network’s commitment to the project.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/pilots-2018 ... 202359853/

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#192 Post by Steve »

Core 4 wrote:Article from Deadline about pilots in season 2018-2019 (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW). About Magnum P.I.:

The Magnum P.I. reboot, from Peter Lenkov, who has two reboots on the CBS schedule, Hawaii Five-0 and MacGyver, is solid early on. Directed by Justin Lin, it is said to be CBS’ most expensive pilot this season, and I hear it got an extra day of shooting in Hawaii, indicating the network’s commitment to the project.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/pilots-2018 ... 202359853/
Interesting, I hope they sunk some of the money into the story and not just a bunch of explosions. If Lenkov negotiated Hernandez's contract by the inch the show should be in good shape financially......
I'm still rooting for you, Jay.......Rudy.......Rudy.........Rudy......Rudy!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#193 Post by 308GUY »

"CBS’ most expensive pilot this season"

2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
Luxury vehicle
MSRP: From $280,900

Not to mention not one....but TWO 308's! Those can range from $30,000 to the $181,000 that one of TM's from the original show went for at Bonhams.

Yea...then there's the explosions..... :lol:

Wonder what the actors are getting....and Lenkov and Lin?

What's NOT expensive these days? :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Turkey
Admiral

#194 Post by Turkey »

marlboro wrote:One of the reasons that "Did You See the Sunrise?" was so effective and memorable is that we had already watched TM for two seasons. You know he isn't the kind of guy who would shoot someone in cold blood. Until he does just that. If the pilot episode rehashes Sunrise it creates an entirely new view of the character. You will expect him to exact some justice on bad guys who really deserve it instead of just defending himself or turning them over to the cops.

No idea if they are really planning on redoing that episode, of course.
Agreed.

Man, I'm nervous about this reboot. I really want it to be fun, and to have heart too.
Make it two weeks.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#195 Post by perfectlykevin »

I don't know about Five-O, but I know with the MacGyver reboot's pilot that they had to re shoot the entire thing. Characters were recast, or renamed because the studio didn't care for the first go. Might happen in this case too. Maybe :)