The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1921 Post by Kevster »

ENSHealy wrote:Hi Sam, that would be great. It's the posts in this topic, pages in the 50s. Here's the link to page 56.

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... &start=825

Someday, I hope to build a replica of the guest house. As discussed, the exterior dimensions will have to be adjusted to fit the reproducing of the stage sets, but to the casual eye, I bet it would past muster.

The problem is finding a tidal pool in Wisconsin to build it next to!
Nothing that a backhoe and several centuries can't fix...
Trust Me!!!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1922 Post by Sam »

Kevster wrote:
ENSHealy wrote:Hi Sam, that would be great. It's the posts in this topic, pages in the 50s. Here's the link to page 56.

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... &start=825

Someday, I hope to build a replica of the guest house. As discussed, the exterior dimensions will have to be adjusted to fit the reproducing of the stage sets, but to the casual eye, I bet it would past muster.

The problem is finding a tidal pool in Wisconsin to build it next to!
Nothing that a backhoe and several centuries can't fix...
Thanks Kevster.
I remember now why I wasn't in a hurry to work those photos.... it turns out it was a set on the soundstage.
Thanks

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1923 Post by KENJI »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:Yes, I'm on "The Island". My nickname was originally going to be "Magnum PEI". :D

I have no love for burgers.
Hey MKB,
Did you ever see this Magnum PEI on your island? :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WsjuV-d_Y8

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1924 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:
Mad Kudu Buck wrote:Yes, I'm on "The Island". My nickname was originally going to be "Magnum PEI". :D

Hey MKB,

Speaking of that, did you see that Scorsese is directing a SCTV reunion show for Netflix...Too bad John Candy died but SCTV has to be in my top 5 of all time favorite shows...
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/martin ... 201951145/

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#1925 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

KENJI wrote:

Hey MKB,

Yes, I saw that back in the 80's. There was a longer version where John Candy as Magnum was driving a VW Bug.

I had no idea about the 2018 SCTV reunion. I thought the last reunion a few years ago was the final one. I liked SCTV before they Americanized it on NBC. My favourite episodes were in the first couple seasons when it was a Canadian show. I don't think Americans even know about those pre-NBC shows. Unfortunately, those Canadian episodes were never released on DVD and never will be. NBC owns the rights now.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1926 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I was just chatting with a gentleman who lives on Oahu, says he met Nesbitt, and Nesbitt told him that Pahonu was purchased by Obama, with Obama's money, and Nesbitt is basically the frontman.
Another bit of information about Pahonu's owner, I was emailing with Rick Romer today and I told him what I learned from the Oahu gentleman, and Rick said that he too had heard it was really Obama who had purchased Pahonu.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1927 Post by Steve »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:
KENJI wrote:

Hey MKB,

Yes, I saw that back in the 80's. There was a longer version where John Candy as Magnum was driving a VW Bug.

I had no idea about the 2018 SCTV reunion. I thought the last reunion a few years ago was the final one. I liked SCTV before they Americanized it on NBC. My favourite episodes were in the first couple seasons when it was a Canadian show. I don't think Americans even know about those pre-NBC shows. Unfortunately, those Canadian episodes were never released on DVD and never will be. NBC owns the rights now.
Actually, the pre-NBC show was syndicated here in the States. If I remember correctly it was on Friday's at 6:30 pm in the Minneapolis market........

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1928 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I was just chatting with a gentleman who lives on Oahu, says he met Nesbitt, and Nesbitt told him that Pahonu was purchased by Obama, with Obama's money, and Nesbitt is basically the frontman.
Another bit of information about Pahonu's owner, I was emailing with Rick Romer today and I told him what I learned from the Oahu gentleman, and Rick said that he too had heard it was really Obama who had purchased Pahonu.
Now we have to worry about access to the Tidal Pool and don't tell me he and his Chicago folk won't be pulling some strings on that public access law........... :(

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#1929 Post by eagle »

Steve wrote:Now we have to worry about access to the Tidal Pool and don't tell me he and his Chicago folk won't be pulling some strings on that public access law........... :(
I have that very fear as well.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#1930 Post by ENSHealy »

KENJI wrote:Here are a few more pics that I took last month of Pahonu.....enjoy!

Hey Kenji, any chance you could fix the photobucket links on your Pahonu photos from 2014?
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1931 Post by Sam »

ENSHealy wrote:
KENJI wrote:Here are a few more pics that I took last month of Pahonu.....enjoy!

Hey Kenji, any chance you could fix the photobucket links on your Pahonu photos from 2014?
Hi ENSHealy.
It would be helpful if you would provide a link or at least the page number.. it doesn't take much time at all to rework them.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1932 Post by KENJI »

Sam wrote:
ENSHealy wrote:

Hi ENSHealy.
It would be helpful if you would provide a link or at least the page number.. it doesn't take much time at all to rework them.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1933 Post by KENJI »

Hi Gang,
I just found a shortcut without going searching for the page and thread (thank goodness)! Too late for this one, but it will help others down the road.
I can reattach the pics right from ENSHealy's message, so long as that annoying 3rd party disabled photobucket image is in there as well as my original message.....it allows me to edit and add the ~ original right in there and BINGO we are back in business, super easy. Click on the quote button and you can edit the pictures from there. I hope that helps others get their images back up in a more efficient way...spread the word! ***One interesting thing though, when I fixed the problem in the original post, it didn't transfer into ENSHealy's last message which I thought was a bit strange, but I then tried it in one of his latest comments and they popped up. I left the other one with the annoying photobucket image just to show the difference. It appears we still need to find the original posts and fix it permanently that way, but short term you can do it this new way that I just mentioned. Hope that makes sense! Enjoy the pics!
Last edited by KENJI on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1934 Post by KENJI »

ENSHealy wrote:

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#1935 Post by ENSHealy »

Thanks for updating, Kenji, beautiful pics!

P.S. I didn't include the page number originally because I assumed quoting the page would allow you to click right through. My bad, but it did lead you to the new fix! :lol:
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."