Season 3 Episode 14: Whispers of Death (3.14)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

Perfect
14%
One of the Best
No votes
Excellent
No votes
Very Good
29%
Pretty Good
14%
Decent
14%
Average at Best
No votes
Not So Good
No votes
Pretty Bad
14%
Just Awful
No votes
Refuse to Watch
14%

Total votes: 7

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 3 Episode 14: Whispers of Death (3.14)

#1 Post by KENJI »

A psychic hires Magnum and Higgins to prevent a murder she claims to have foreseen. Katsumoto questions Kumu when her information is found on recovered stolen jewels that once belonged to the infamous Imelda Marcos.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 3 Episode 14: Whispers of Death (3.14)

#2 Post by Laohu »

Casting agent for this show deserves some credit for finding the actress to play play a young Kumu. Well done .

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Laohu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:13 am Casting agent for this show deserves some credit for finding the actress to play play a young Kumu. Well done .
I agree with you there Laohu - nice match!

Did you catch when Kumu was parked out front of the gates at Robin's Nest and she starts thinking of the time in her youth when she returned from the Marcos estate to talk to her boyfriend and cousin??
They start by showing the emblem/crest on the gate as RM and then it changes to a HONU when they show a young Kumu driving a scooter by them. The honu is not an exact match to the one we all know at the real Pahonu, but close enough. Why were her boyfriend/husband and cousin inside the gates and what is her connection to the estate at that time??

They could've done without the boyfriend and cousin singing/dancing scene.....bad.....at least it was just for a few seconds. :wink:

Interesting that Higgins hasn't told Ethan she was with MI6 yet. She is wrestling with telling him the truth and it's left that she will do just that.

Also the writers used the surname Dupont in this episode.....probably another small Easter egg for original MPI viewers.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Laohu »

I did have a little chuckle that the young Kumu was riding a scooter . Kumu has always been full of surprises and has lived a full life .the writers have done a good job on her character . I really like the friendship that she and T.C. Continue to build .

As for the boyfriend and cousin sing , it did not bother me . Two guys hanging out and cooking food trying to sing along with the music did not seem out of place . True they are not great singers/ dancers but it fit there characters and the story just fine .

Gearhard
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Gearhard »

The wife in the hotel said:
"How can you love someone and not know who they area?"

While it struck Higgins that she is keeping her MI-6 background from Dr Ethan, that preview will come back in spades when Higgins discovers the secrets of Dr Ethan from his Doctors without Borders gig. It is the "thing" that Kumoo found on the background check of Ethan.

Glenn

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by KENJI »

Hi Glenn,

Oh yeah, Higgins has know idea she is about to be blindsided by a freight train, but she will obviously dust herself off and finish him off OR Magnum will.