Season 2 Episode 5: Make It 'Til Dawn (2.5)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
13%
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
No votes
8.0 (Pretty Good)
25%
7.5 (Decent)
No votes
7.0 (Average at Best)
25%
6.5 (Not So Good)
No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
13%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
25%

Total votes: 8

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 2 Episode 5: Make It 'Til Dawn (2.5)

#1 Post by KENJI »

On Halloween, Magnum and Jin search for a skip-tracer at a Halloween bash, just as Katsumoto tracks an escaped killer who is headed to that same party.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 5: Make It 'Til Dawn (2.5)

#2 Post by KENJI »

shaun082
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by shaun082 »

The house that Shiggins and Rick stayed in was the original KING KAMEHAMEHA.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Laohu »

Another good episode , Especially for a Halloween episode . I really liked that they writers gave Kumu some time to shine. They really are getting a hang on added new stuff and paying homage to the old without beating you over the head with it .

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote:Another good episode , Especially for a Halloween episode . I really liked that they writers gave Kumu some time to shine. They really are getting a hang on added new stuff and paying homage to the old without beating you over the head with it .
I don't get why the cop always has to be so dead pan and one note in his performance. I thought they intimated in one scene he had a sister who ODed but I had to answer the door and missed most of it. The actor ought to take a page from Joe Santos's Lt. Nolan from Classic Magnum's last season. Magnum annoyed him but he wasn't a perpetual
dark cloud and was likable.
I have to give credit to the producers, the pick pocket character makes another appearance. Now they need to find a way to team him up with the dour copper as his straight man, chasing down clues together.
Perdita Weeks for President

--------------------------------------------------
"The world is a book. And those who do not travel read only one page"...St. Augustine

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by LZeitgeist »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Laohu wrote:Another good episode , Especially for a Halloween episode . I really liked that they writers gave Kumu some time to shine. They really are getting a hang on added new stuff and paying homage to the old without beating you over the head with it .
I don't get why the cop always has to be so dead pan and one note in his performance. I thought they intimated in one scene he had a sister who ODed but I had to answer the door and missed most of it. The actor ought to take a page from Joe Santos's Lt. Nolan from Classic Magnum's last season. Magnum annoyed him but he wasn't a perpetual
I have to give credit to the producers, the pick pocket character makes another appearance. Now they need to find a way to team him up with the dour copper as his straight man, chasing down clues together.

"The world is a book. And those who do not travel read only one page"...St. Augustine
I hate you missed Katsumoto's scenes in this one - it was some of the best acting I've seen by this actor so far.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

LZeitgeist wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:

I hate you missed Katsumoto's scenes in this one - it was some of the best acting I've seen by this actor so far.
Katsumoto has turned into one of my favorite cast members, he actually plays the OG Higgins nemesis role to Magnum better than Juliette as she is now a partner. All in all, I enjoy the entire cast (other than the stupid pick for Luther H. Gillis) as they grow into their roles and don't blame them for taking over some iconic TV roles.......

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

One thing I wish they would improve on or completely take out is the fake ocean backdrop/green screen shot they use when filming estate scenes. In this episode it was TERRIBLE and very obvious it wasn't real, they even show a few stone parts of the house that might as well have been colored in with crayons it was that bad. I think showing it from a far (over a shoulder) for a brief second works and one can sell it as being real, but a close up of it for a longer period of time makes it really stand out as fake which in turn ruins the shot (IMO). I don't understand why they bother putting it in when it's that obvious, shoot from a different angle in the room until the quality gets better or stick to those quick half second shots of the ocean.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Have finally watched this episode.

Meh, so far imo, it was the worst in season 2.