Fleet Admiral

Season 2 Episode 2 :Honor Among Thieves

#1 Post by Laohu »

Scheduled for October 4th

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 2 :Honor Among Thieves

#2 Post by KENJI »

An incorrigible pickpocket, Jin asks Magnum for help when a cell phone he recently lifted receives a very suspicious text message. Also, Magnum is frustrated when Higgins still won’t give him an answer to whether or not she will become his partner, and when Rick decides to make a bold career move, T.C. comes to the rescue.

I would rather see more episodes with Jin than with the Luther Gillis character. I could see Jin doing a few more episodes for sure.
Larry Manetti is in this episode pretending to sing and play the piano. Part of the quick scene shows the back of his head to hide the fact he wasn't really singing. Not the greatest scene, but good to see Larry making a few bucks out of it.
Higgins kicks butt in another fight scene.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

KENJI wrote:An incorrigible pickpocket, Jin asks Magnum for help when a cell phone he recently lifted receives a very suspicious text message. Also, Magnum is frustrated when Higgins still won’t give him an answer to whether or not she will become his partner, and when Rick decides to make a bold career move, T.C. comes to the rescue.

I would rather see more episodes with Jin than with the Luther Gillis character. I could see Jin doing a few more episodes for sure.
Larry Manetti is in this episode pretending to sing and play the piano. Part of the quick scene shows the back of his head to hide the fact he wasn't really singing. Not the greatest scene, but good to see Larry making a few bucks out of it.
Good Lord, I had no idea Larry was in it! Now I am going to have to access it thru ON DEMAND which has no fast forward.
I have to admit this is the best episode to date.
With a makeover resulting in a normal PI series without the super warrior BS, improved acting by Thomas/Rick/TC(they had no where to go but up)and by elevating Perdita Weeks into true co-starring status, the reboot is a decent time waster.
Perdita is now impossibly fit, she must have spent the off season training with the Royal Marines in Portsmouth, and her hair no longer looks like the Robins Nest
groundskeeper cut her hair with the Lad's old toenail clippers.
As noted above Jin the Pickpocket is a wonderful character and would have fit right in on Classic Magnum, there must be some new writers on board who actually
make an effort. No kidding all you reboot haters, check this episode out.
Now if only they could figure out a way to knock off the Luther Gillis character. And the actor who plays him.
I shit you not, he may be the worst actor in the history of television, he has to be blackmailing the producers with evidence of treason or possibly
wooing farm stock.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
KENJI wrote:An incorrigible pickpocket, Jin asks Magnum for help when a cell phone he recently lifted receives a very suspicious text message. Also, Magnum is frustrated when Higgins still won’t give him an answer to whether or not she will become his partner, and when Rick decides to make a bold career move, T.C. comes to the rescue.

Good Lord, I had no idea Larry was in it! Now I am going to have to access it thru ON DEMAND which has no fast forward.
With a makeover resulting in a normal PI series without the super warrior BS, improved acting by Thomas/Rick/TC(they had no where to go but up)and by elevating Perdita Weeks into true co-starring status, the reboot is a decent time waster.
Perdita is now impossibly fit, she must have spent the off season training with the Royal Marines in Portsmouth, and her hair no longer looks like the Robins Nest
As noted above Jin the Pickpocket is a wonderful character and would have fit right in on Classic Magnum, there must be some new writers on board who actually
Now if only they could figure out a way to knock off the Luther Gillis character. And the actor who plays him.
I shit you not, he may be the worst actor in the history of television, he has to be blackmailing the producers with evidence of treason or possibly
wooing farm stock.
Hi Dobie,
You had me laughing with your Robin's Nest/hair comment. I think the Hawaiian humidity was making it tough to do anything with her hair.
I agree, she is really fit!
Also agree with the Luther character/actor.....just don't bring him back, no need to knock him off otherwise that would mean another episode with him in it. :lol:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:

wooing farm stock.
Hi Dobie,
You had me laughing with your Robin's Nest/hair comment. I think the Hawaiian humidity was making it tough to do anything with her hair.
Also agree with the Luther character/actor.....just don't bring him back, no need to knock him off otherwise that would mean another episode with him in it. :lol:
100% on board with both of you on all of your comments.....

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by KENJI »

Thought a few of you would like to read this article regarding Larry crossing over to the reboot.......

https://tvline.com/2019/09/12/magnum-pi ... y-manetti/

Also the trailer/promo for this episode.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E0xFCYErow

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:
wooing farm stock.
Hi Dobie,
100% on board with both of you on all of your comments.....[/quote]

Steve/KENJI,
Thanks. I would just clarify that the Luther Gillis character was my favorite on Classic Magnum except for Magnum and Higgins and that I loathe the scrung-o "actor"
portraying the New Luther, not the character.
I always thought Murder She Wrote ripped off the Luther Gillis character for it's recurring shabby PI Harry McGraw as played by Jerry Orbach, and in the
short lived spin off series.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Luther has the worst idea since Great Granddad Gillis gave 2 free tickets to Mrs. Lincoln to see "Our American Cousin" at Fords Theater -
Luther: "Find anything out yet from Ice Man?"
Rick: "It's Ice Pick."
Luther: "What's the difference, the man's a bum. I'm kind of inclined to
sneak into his steam bath and snap his towel, ya know what I mean?"