Other Actors / Guest Stars

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Other Actors / Guest Stars

#1 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I discovered that Domenick Lombardozzi will be in the pilot... I honestly didn't know who he was so had to look him up :oops:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0518511/

Core 4
Vice Admiral

Re: Other Actors / Guest Stars

#2 Post by Core 4 »

Interesting. He has a very good filmography. He appeared in almost 60 episodes of The Wire, 23 episodes of Breakout Kings, 13 episodes of Boardwalk Empire, and 43 episodes of Rosewood.

I wonder who will play. I bet Sebastian Nuzo or main villain of the pilot.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Core 4 wrote:Interesting. He has a very good filmography. He appeared in almost 60 episodes of The Wire, 23 episodes of Breakout Kings, 13 episodes of Boardwalk Empire, and 43 episodes of Rosewood.

I wonder who will play. I bet Sebastian Nuzo or main villain of the pilot.
I could see him playing a Russian type character in that pic......possibly Ivan or Ivan like. :twisted:

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#4 Post by marlboro »

Why would there be a Russian if the guys were POWs in Iraq?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

marlboro wrote:Why would there be a Russian if the guys were POWs in Iraq?
I'm basing it on the reboot following Thomas Magnum (Hernandez), a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. Russia was heavily involved in Afghanistan in the 70's/80's.......
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2014/ ... 89/100786/
Even now there is talk of them in there......
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43500299
An Ivan or Ivan like villain is a perfect fit for this pilot I Saw the Sun Rise. :)

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#6 Post by marlboro »

My bad. For some reason I was thinking someone posted something about the guys being POWs in Iraq. But now that i think about it, I think it was Afghanistan. oops.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by KENJI »

No biggie Marlboro.....it will be interesting to see how many similarities this episode will have to the original Did You See the Sunrise....I'm guessing there will be no Mack in this one, but I wonder if Thomas will kill the villain in cold blood.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Lenkov just posted this, so Domenick Lombardozzi is Nuzo...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by KENJI »

Thanks for posting RG!
Back to the drawing board on my Ivan theory-oh well! :)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Steve »

He was Switek in the Miami Vice movie. I think I am one of the few people on earth that love the movie....

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:He was Switek in the Miami Vice movie. I think I am one of the few people on earth that love the movie....
You might be right there Steve! :wink: :lol:

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by Core 4 »

marlboro wrote:My bad. For some reason I was thinking someone posted something about the guys being POWs in Iraq. But now that i think about it, I think it was Afghanistan. oops.
Magnum is a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan. But Magnum Rick, T.C., (maybe) Nuzzo were POWs in Iraq, not Afganistan. That's how I understood it.
KENJI wrote:No biggie Marlboro.....it will be interesting to see how many similarities this episode will have to the original Did You See the Sunrise....I'm guessing there will be no Mack in this one, but I wonder if Thomas will kill the villain in cold blood.
I don't think so that Magnum will kill someone in cold blood. It would be too early for it and it would be too much like the original series. From casting tapes, we know that Nuzzo was friend of Magnum, perhaps he was POW in Iraq with Magnum, Rick, and T.C. But I think it the end of similarities. Because case of the week in the pilot looks like is not connected with flashbacks when they were POWs, like in original. So Ivan may not appear.

He hired Magnum and gets kidnapped/murdered before Magnum has a chance to see what Nuzo wanted to hire him for. Apparently some stolen gold that was being transported by boat to Hawaii sank, Nuzo was looking for it and found it, and was then murdered.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#13 Post by ConchRepublican »

To kick the Reboot off with a redo of the classic Did You See the Sunrise shows the disconnect. The power of that episode is that we have already gotten to know and care about these characters and now to see what they experienced, and how they react to being manipulated.

It's not an introduction episode.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:To kick the Reboot off with a redo of the classic Did You See the Sunrise shows the disconnect. The power of that episode is that we have already gotten to know and care about these characters and now to see what they experienced, and how they react to being manipulated.

Plus, there would have to be a Mac, and then no Mac and then do they have a Jim Bonnick in a later episode. Oh, my head hurts but I still have faith in Lenkov to do the right thing with the first episode, or pilot or two hour TV movie or whatever it turns out to be.....

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:To kick the Reboot off with a redo of the classic Did You See the Sunrise shows the disconnect. The power of that episode is that we have already gotten to know and care about these characters and now to see what they experienced, and how they react to being manipulated.

Plus, there would have to be a Mac, and then no Mac and then do they have a Jim Bonnick in a later episode. Oh, my head hurts but I still have faith in Lenkov to do the right thing with the first episode, or pilot or two hour TV movie or whatever it turns out to be.....
Exactly. The death of Mac carries no emotional weight if you haven't gotten to know him and feel for him over the course of a couple of seasons.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04