The New Robin Masters?

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

The New Robin Masters?

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Just doing some thinking here and wondering if Robin Masters will also be a woman - given that Higgy baby is. They wouldn’t even have to change the name. I think some of the wealthiest authors of our day are romance novelists like Danielle Steele and Jackie Collins. Just some thoughts.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: The New Robin Masters?

#2 Post by KENJI »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Just doing some thinking here and wondering if Robin Masters will also be a woman - given that Higgy baby is. They wouldn’t even have to change the name. I think some of the wealthiest authors of our day are romance novelists like Danielle Steele and Jackie Collins. Just some thoughts.
All good points Styles. It could easily be a woman named Robin.
Looking forward to the hearing Robin's voice on the phone!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

I hope that if Lenkov does go with a woman they call her just by Robin and not Mrs. Masters...it just doesn't sound right...sorry ladies.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:I hope that if Lenkov does go with a woman they call her just by Robin and not Mrs. Masters...it just doesn't sound right...sorry ladies.
OK Kenji, I have to respond :evil: (just kidding :wink: )

Well of course Magnum would call her Robin but "Juliet" would refer to her as "Mrs. Maahstus"... does that sound better with a British accent? :higgins:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:I hope that if Lenkov does go with a woman they call her just by Robin and not Mrs. Masters...it just doesn't sound right...sorry ladies.
OK Kenji, I have to respond :evil: (just kidding :wink: )

Well of course Magnum would call her Robin but "Juliet" would refer to her as "Mrs. Maahstus"... does that sound better with a British accent? :higgins:
Gulp....it's feeling a little hot in here. :oops: :wink:

She might be Miss Mashstus too, otherwise there has to be a Mr. Masters (new one) somewhere out there..... maybe she is a widow. We are starting to sound like expectant parents....will our Robin be a boy or girl. :wink: :lol:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote: We are starting to sound like expectant parents....will our Robin be a boy or girl. :wink: :lol:
Haha, no kidding! Don't forget, they just may want to go with Ms. Masters!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote: We are starting to sound like expectant parents....will our Robin be a boy or girl. :wink: :lol:
Haha, no kidding! Don't forget, they just may want to go with Ms. Masters!
Ms. Masters works -perfect!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

That was one of my first thoughts when it was announced Higgins would be a female. With Lenkov in charge, I would actually be surprised if he doesn't do this. Now, any choices for the voice??? I go with Helen Mirren or Emma Thompson (I'm feeling a British accent for the character)

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:That was one of my first thoughts when it was announced Higgins would be a female. With Lenkov in charge, I would actually be surprised if he doesn't do this. Now, any choices for the voice??? I go with Helen Mirren or Emma Thompson (I'm feeling a British accent for the character)
Lenkov was posting old pics on Instagram yesterday because he said he was bored on the set, and this was one of them...

Who knows, but just thought I'd toss that out there.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Steve wrote:That was one of my first thoughts when it was announced Higgins would be a female. With Lenkov in charge, I would actually be surprised if he doesn't do this. Now, any choices for the voice??? I go with Helen Mirren or Emma Thompson (I'm feeling a British accent for the character)
Lenkov was posting old pics on Instagram yesterday because he said he was bored on the set, and this was one of them...

If you want a Jackie Collins like character for a female Higgins might as well get the sister..........(and she is a dame now).....I actually have the Playboy issue she appeared in around here somewhere :wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

Interesting RG!
I find it interesting that Lenkov chose this time to "randomly" toss that pic out there for no other reason than being bored......YIKES....he better not be already bored on the reboot set! :shock: :wink: I'm guessing this could be one of his hints/teases of what's to come. I would prefer Steve's choice of Helen Mirren or maybe even Judy Dench for a female voice for Robin. You would think with today's technology they could play around with old lines Orson Welles has said and slip them into the reboot....that I would love, but maybe we are not there yet.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Peter Coyote, if he is available. Or how about Liam Neeson? :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:Peter Coyote, if he is available. Or how about Liam Neeson? :)
Maybe they could be the new Agatha, make that Angus :wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by KENJI »

We now know that the new Robin Masters will be a male and his novels are loosely based on TM's adventures.
The first novel that is brought to our attention is WHITE KNIGHT: SECRET STATE
, a #1 best selling novel that has TM HALO jumping from space which isn't true, but he did HALO jump over North Korea. :wink: Throughout the trailer TC is teasing TM, calling him the White Knight.
It will be interesting to see if future novels will be from a Robin Master's WHITE KNIGHT series......i.e. WHITE KNIGHT: BEHIND ENEMY LINES etc.. or was that a one off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0idfAmSwns
Go to :39 second mark for confirmation Robin is a man.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:We now know that the new Robin Masters will be a male and his novels are loosely based on TM's adventures.
The first novel that is brought to our attention is WHITE KNIGHT: SECRET STATE
, a #1 best selling novel that has TM HALO jumping from space which isn't true, but he did HALO jump over North Korea. :wink: Throughout the trailer TC is teasing TM, calling him the White Knight.
It will be interesting to see if future novels will be from a Robin Master's WHITE KNIGHT series......i.e. WHITE KNIGHT: BEHIND ENEMY LINES etc.. or was that a one off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0idfAmSwns
Go to :39 second mark for confirmation Robin is a man.
Here ya' go, Kenji... I've got a pic of the novel posted in the trailer thread http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... =30#p55523