For Bondtoys.de

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: For Bondtoys.de

#46 Post by ConchRepublican »

Laohu wrote:I really don’t expect a guest spot from TS and to tell you the truth unless it was at the end of the series and we got all the surviving members of both cast for the send off then I don’t think it is worth it . I really don’t think there is this big grudge about them rebooting his show if so Larry would not be coming on next season and Roger would not have already done a guest spot . These guys are pros they have all been at it a long time they understand the bussiness aspect of it . I think they have made peace with it and are enjoying the rebirth of something they were apart of I can understand wanting to create this artificial drama and friction but these guys are actors they are well paid for there talents and they understand that is the way the TV bussiness goes .
Whenever Magnum get’s rebooted for 3rd time interviewers will be coming to Jay to ask him about it and I am sure he will have a polished answer for them as well . Both Actors know that Magnum was a big break for them and are respectful of that .
I understand what you're saying, and agree that for most I'm sure a gig is a gig, and like Selleck said, he knows how hard it is to make it in the business.

That said, considering his previous positions regarding Magnum, P.I., and how protective he has been regarding the show, it seems to me, reading between the lines, that he wasn't happy with the idea but appreciated the courtesy and respect given him. I see it almost like the person being fired being given the opportunity to announce their resignation. At the end of the day, blocking it would reflect badly on his character and the reputation he has built for himself.

I'm just going by the years and years of his taking a different position regarding anything Magnum, P.I. not including him and the original cast.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by Laohu »

I think you are right to consider TS previous position so let’s put on are detective hats (there blue with a old English D ) Something changed right and he told us what changed . The network did not hold a gun to head they just asked him to take a meeting with Lenkov . After meeting Lenkov it really does seem that TS thought that Magnum would be in good hands . Lenkov is a fan he respects the core values of the show ,its history ,it Actors and its fans .
TS has also addressed not wanting to do a guest spot on Magnum because he thought it would take away from Blue bloods . He seems very committed to Blue bloods and I think he is right that if he does Magnum it will draw a lot of attention and pull the spot light away from His work on Blue bloods .
If Blue Bloods ends its run in a year or two and Magnum runs for 8-10 we might still get to see TS do a guest spot
TS seemed to me to speak fondly of Lenkov talking about it being Lenkov’s dream to do Magnum and calling him a nice man . I think putting this in any other light is more fantasy then reality at this point .

I think what we need to remember around here is whether your magnum drives a 308 or a 488 it is still a Ferrari and that it’s pretty sweet .

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

You need to learn to read between the lines. Selleck is clearly not in favor of the reboot and he has made it abundantly clear in numerous interviews in the past. But now that it's here there isn't much he can do about it. He isn't about to be a sad sack and tell everyone that he wants absolutely no part of it (even though he basically said as much, if not in so many words) so BLUE BLOODS is the perfect excuse for him to use to justify his refusal to appear on the show. Trust me! He wants no part of the show. He's just being diplomatic about it.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Laohu »

Look I see it completely different as I have already stated. Do I really think TS will appear on the reboot to be honest no . Do I think it’s a good idea for him to be on the reboot no . Reading to much between the lines will lead you in the wrong direction because you just don’t know it’s just your guess . You put your own ideas into it based on what you want it to be . I realize you want TS , Larry , Roger and everyone else on the show to hate the reboot but that just does not seem to be the case .

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Reading between the lines, Roger must evidently hate the new show because he appeared on it LOL

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#51 Post by ConchRepublican »

IvanTheTerrible wrote:You need to learn to read between the lines. Selleck is clearly not in favor of the reboot and he has made it abundantly clear in numerous interviews in the past. But now that it's here there isn't much he can do about it. He isn't about to be a sad sack and tell everyone that he wants absolutely no part of it (even though he basically said as much, if not in so many words) so BLUE BLOODS is the perfect excuse for him to use to justify his refusal to appear on the show. Trust me! He wants no part of the show. He's just being diplomatic about it.

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by Laohu »