Jay Hernandez

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: Jay Hernandez

#46 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I realized last night that instead of Tiny Tim as TM, Chris Pine would've been a great choice. He's Robert Pine's son (TM's dad in "Home From the Sea"), he's 37, 6'-0" tall, and can apparently grow a mustache, unlike Lenkov's boy wonder.

The connection with the original show would've been a neat tie-in. Oh well.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1517976/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Wow, I had no idea Chris Pine was Robert Pine's son. He would have been a good choice, unfortunately he has made Jame T. Kirk his own in the Star Trek reboots.......

Rands
Rear Admiral

#47 Post by Rands »

To get an opinion of another Magnum fan regarding Jay Hernandez, I asked my spouse Mrs. Rands watch the trailer. Her comments, like always were straight to the point. She stated, in her opinion, Jay Hernandez lacks the physical presence to fill the role that Tom Selleck played. She felt that Zachary Knighton as Rick, was probably the best fit of the new cast to the cast of the original. She too wasn't sure about Stephen Hill as TC. She too felt that something was missing from the character Roger Mosley developed. We both agreed that Anthony Anderson might have been a better fit.

My wife is a big Tom Selleck fan, watching all of his westerns, Blue Bloods, and Jesse Stone movies. She described Jay Hernandez as far too small physically, to fill the role Tom Selleck defined. And speaking of defining character roles, should anyone attempt to do a remake of the "Dirty Harry" series, who could fill the role that Clint Eastwood developed? Clint Eastwood defined the role so well, who in their right mind would attempt to become the new Harry Callahan?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rands wrote:My wife is a big Tom Selleck fan, watching all of his westerns, Blue Bloods, and Jesse Stone movies. She described Jay Hernandez as far too small physically, to fill the role Tom Selleck defined.
Please tell Mrs. Rands that I think he looks quite dashing in his uniform though!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Sam »

Ha RG....Petey says "No soup for you" :lol:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Sam wrote:Ha RG....Petey says "No soup for you" :lol:
I guess no invitation to MPI Sunset On The Beach either? Darn, and I just got my t-shirt made :(