Season 2 Aloha shirts?

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

Re: Season 2 Aloha shirts?

#31 Post by LZeitgeist »

Laohu wrote:We can do either way you like . It was suggested to me when I started posting to the individual threads that I should post each picture here so it would all be in one place . I can see the logic in both ways but at the end of the day I would like the project to be useable to the board as a whole . I think it is easier to keep track of it if we post in the episode threads for the reboot because they use a shirt once and they never seem to use it again .If you feel that is what would work best for the 80’s version to then let’s go with that then .
I am good with either way .
I like your idea too of a 'working' thread and maybe when we're done cataloguing everything we could do a thread with all the information posted all at once like an archive so it isn't broken up with conversation posts along the way. That's a much larger, structured thing, though - I figured the single post in each episode thread would be a lot simpler to handle and execute.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Laohu »

Either way we do it I think we need a working thread to post info and pictures . With two or more of us doing it and not being able to edit each others work I am not certain how else it would work . For example if you post a picture of the shirt and I have info on it I can’t just post that info on your original post . if I hit the quote button to add info to the picture we are discussing we now have two posts in the thread .
This is just the way I see it now did I miss something ? Is there a better way that you see to do it . Maybe we should just start with a working thread then after we get the info on a few shirts we can decide what format we want to use to display the results .

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#33 Post by LZeitgeist »

Laohu wrote:Either way we do it I think we need a working thread to post info and pictures . With two or more of us doing it and not being able to edit each others work I am not certain how else it would work . For example if you post a picture of the shirt and I have info on it I can’t just post that info on your original post . if I hit the quote button to add info to the picture we are discussing we now have two posts in the thread .
This is just the way I see it now did I miss something ? Is there a better way that you see to do it . Maybe we should just start with a working thread then after we get the info on a few shirts we can decide what format we want to use to display the results .
Agreed.

Maybe we should start with the new show since there are fewer shirts so far and much more definite source info.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Laohu »

So do you want to just use this this thread as the working thread or start something new ?
After we know that I guess we can just start posting pictures and trying to find them . We already know many of season 1 shirts came from the same place so that should move a little faster

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#35 Post by LZeitgeist »

Laohu wrote:So do you want to just use this this thread as the working thread or start something new ?
After we know that I guess we can just start posting pictures and trying to find them . We already know many of season 1 shirts came from the same place so that should move a little faster
I would prefer to start another thread to work in and leave this one for open discussion for everybody.

I think I"d prefer to share info off-forum through e-mail and create each official listing that way. That way what we make public isn't jumbled and unfinished.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#36 Post by ConchRepublican »

LZeitgeist wrote:
Laohu wrote:So do you want to just use this this thread as the working thread or start something new ?
I would prefer to start another thread to work in and leave this one for open discussion for everybody.

I think I"d prefer to share info off-forum through e-mail and create each official listing that way. That way what we make public isn't jumbled and unfinished.
I think the new thread detailing the shirts for the reboot is the best way to proceed. No need to do it off forum though, it can be organized once completed.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Laohu »

Looks like another 80’s tribute shirt for the cross over episode .

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#38 Post by LZeitgeist »

Laohu wrote:Image

Wow, looks like they're going to use every currently-available original Magnum shirt this season just in case there isn't a third...

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Laohu »

It is my understanding that they are bringing back more of the old shirts now that there is more interest . A lot of the original shirts were made by the same company so I would guess that they are pushing them to the costume department . Either way it’s a win for us fans we get a chance to buy shirts that have not been available for years and to see them on screen again .
I have not seen yet which or how many shirts they will remake .

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#40 Post by LZeitgeist »

Laohu wrote:It is my understanding that they are bringing back more of the old shirts now that there is more interest . A lot of the original shirts were made by the same company so I would guess that they are pushing them to the costume department . Either way it’s a win for us fans we get a chance to buy shirts that have not been available for years and to see them on screen again .
I have not seen yet which or how many shirts they will remake .
That's great news for my closet; not so great news for my wallet!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by Laohu »

I guess it depends on how you look at it . :D I don’t think many if any of the 80’s shirts where made of silk so if you just collect those your wallet get’s a little break. Not much but a little .

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Laohu wrote:Image

My gosh! MiniMag looks so gay in that pic! :lol: Can you imagine REAL Magnum :magnum: looking like that???? Those skinny legs, way too tight shorts, oversized humongous shoes, that pose! :lol: :lol:

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I hope that they (Paradise Found) bring back the dark blue Star Orchid shirt!

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#44 Post by LZeitgeist »

Bondtoys.de wrote:I hope that they (Paradise Found) bring back the dark blue Star Orchid shirt!
I hope they bring back the green one! *crossing fingers*

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by Laohu »

At first I thought these might be two different shirts but now I think they are the same they just changed the pattern over the years . Both are called star orchid
The first picture looks to be from the Selleck era the 3rd from the Hernandez era .