I went to the ComicCon SD 2018 Magnum screening...(SPOILERS)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: I went to the ComicCon SD 2018 Magnum screening...(SPOIL

#31 Post by K Hale »

I recall several references to Five-O on MPI, but when did they actually use McGarrett's name?
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by 308GUY »

In The Taking of Dick McWilliams when Rick was telling TM about the plates he ran, one of them was registered to "McGarret..or something like that" maybe not a direct quote, but it stood out in my mind when I watched it. Other than that, I can't name specific incidents where it was mentioned. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

308GUY wrote:In The Taking of Dick McWilliams when Rick was telling TM about the plates he ran, one of them was registered to "McGarret..or something like that" maybe not a direct quote, but it stood out in my mind when I watched it. Other than that, I can't name specific incidents where it was mentioned. :magnum:
Yes, here's the quote:
"How can you tell if someone's a kidnapper or not? You mean you didn't check those names out?"
"Of course I checked them out. The first one was a cop with Five-O. Figured he probably wasn't our man."
"Well, what was his name?"
"McGarrett."

Also, in Skin Deep, Magnum says over the radio when in the helicopter:
"Billy, this is McGarrett of 5-0. Was David Norman armed?"

Here is a useful site for scripts - and as long as you know the episode, you can search:
https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.u ... m-p-i-1980

Pity you can't search the entire series for lines.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by K Hale »

That's awesome, I can't believe I missed those. Of course I have only seen two eps of Five-O...
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

I've never seen any "eps". I've only seen episodes. I have season two of the original Hawaii Five-O. I did once try to order the entire series from Amazon, but Amazon is absolute %@#% in Canada - and after 4 months of waiting, they cancelled my order and said they couldn't get it. After that, I said, "screw it!"

The problem with the original Hawaii Five-O is that it had too much realism. Too much realism is depressing. If I want realism, I can just read the news. Magnum PI had the right balance.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by K Hale »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:I've never seen any "eps". I've only seen episodes.
I'm going to interpret this as just trying to be funny. :)
The problem with the original Hawaii Five-O is that it had too much realism. Too much realism is depressing. If I want realism, I can just read the news. Magnum PI had the right balance.
It seems like a great show, and must be if it ran for so many years. I'm just not into police procedural type shows. The two episodes I saw were the ones with John Hillerman in them.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!