Ferrari

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ferrari

#31 Post by KENJI »

Those are excellent pics RG and you even have one with it on the trailer contraption!!!
Interesting that they show an older ROBIN-1 plate compared to the ROBIN-2 plate we saw on the 488.
Wondering if they did that just for a photo op OR they might be doing some sort of flashback in time, but it still wouldn't explain the present day 488 being ROBIN-2 instead of ROBIN-1. Hmmm. Also wondering about the watch they are showing when Lenkov mentioned he loaned Jay his original MPI watch....again could be some sort of flashback and then back to present day with new watch and new car.
Anyways, great to see the old girl out of retirement!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:Also wondering about the watch they are showing when Lenkov mentioned he loaned Jay his original MPI watch....again could be some sort of flashback and then back to present day with new watch and new car.
Glad you like the pics, KENJI! I believe this is the Instagram account of a crew member, or someone somehow related to the show, and that's his watch/arm... you'll notice it's a wee bit thicker than our new Magnum's arm :lol:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Another Ferrari shot, posted to Instagram by Zach Knighton...

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Steve »

Uh oh, an 1981 plate on a car that didn't come until 1982...Well, it is Robin Masters and he probably had one of the first to come out with compliments from Enzo..

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#35 Post by marlboro »

Steve wrote:Uh oh, an 1981 plate on a car that didn't come until 1982...Well, it is Robin Masters and he probably had one of the first to come out with compliments from Enzo..

This wouldn't have been a problem if Magnum had driven a DeLorean.

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#36 Post by Core 4 »

Magnum and Ferrari 308 on set yesterday:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Steve »

marlboro wrote:
Steve wrote:Uh oh, an 1981 plate on a car that didn't come until 1982...Well, it is Robin Masters and he probably had one of the first to come out with compliments from Enzo..

This wouldn't have been a problem if Magnum had driven a DeLorean.
I wonder how they are going to explain the jump in time. Is Robin Masters going to be a senior citizen in his seventies or even eighties???? Is Juliet related to JQH?????? I am glad they are using the OG model, do a good job writers.....

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by ENSHealy »

If it's a quattrovalvole, doesn't that make it an 84?

From the Ferrari page:
For the rest of the series, it was a 1984 308 GTSi Quattrovalvole (black vents on the hood and a black spoiler on the rear of the roof panel).
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by KENJI »

ENSHealy wrote:
If it's a quattrovalvole, doesn't that make it an 84?

From the Ferrari page:
For the rest of the series, it was a 1984 308 GTSi Quattrovalvole (black vents on the hood and a black spoiler on the rear of the roof panel).
Hi ENSHealy,

The 308 GTS Quattrovalvole was in production between 1982 and 1985 and like you said, a 1984 QV was used on the original show.
I don't think they were worried about the year matching up....it's red and it's a 308 and most won't know the MM history like our gang. :wink: If Lenkov is such a true fan he should've synced things up with the year of the plate. I'm assuming the year 1981 is important to the storyline. Having said that maybe he couldn't find a 1980 in time for filming. All minor things in the big picture, but it will get some us twitching! It's a 308 so I'm sure we are all smiling.

Nice catch on the 1981 plate Steve, they should've caught that flub! :luther:

Good job guys!

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by ENSHealy »

KENJI wrote:All minor things in the big picture, but it will get some us twitching
I'm twitching more than Donkey in Shrek!!
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by KENJI »

ENSHealy wrote:
KENJI wrote:All minor things in the big picture, but it will get some us twitching
I'm twitching more than Donkey in Shrek!!
Yeah, I'm with you.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbbjvYmN8A :wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by KENJI »

Based on the latest pics, it appears we have a car explosion/fire in the storyline...hmmm that sounds familiar. :wink: Thank goodness the 308 wasn't harmed in this filming (so far).

An interesting shot of the 308 under the banyan tree too.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Thought this may be of interest to the car fans, down below is an Instagram post from the guy who owns (or "brought") the Ferrari that was used during filming the other day: http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 628#p53628

In this post he says there will also be "a plethora of other exotic cars"...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#44 Post by J.J. Walters »

Damn, that car looks so bad ass! The shine on it, the curves. So stoked that a 308 is in the reboot!! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by 308GUY »

Hope they don't blow up the 308 in the pilot! :(

It's half the show's attraction for me!LOL :geek:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"