For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: No Indiana Jones "reboots"

#16 Post by Laohu »

perfectlykevin wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
Laohu wrote:So if we follow this type of logic Harrison Ford should have never been able to play Jack Ryan or Richard Kimble . Kind of silly and very unrealistic. I thought River Phoenix did a great job of playing the character and when the movie came out got great reviews for doing so . Disney has already recast Han Solo can Indy be far behind ? The only reason they have not recast the role already is that Ford is still willing to play him . With that being said I hope they make a great film this time out it might be the last time we get to see Harrison play the role .
The question I have is WHY?

Why can’t they leave iconic characters alone?

Why can’t they invent new iconic characters?

Why must every damn thing be recycled?

I think the answers are:

1) Money

2) Money

3) Money

4) Money

If they were nothing characters, ones that slipped into obscurity then the $$$ wouldn't be there. As long as Hollywood can make a buck don't think they won't try. :)
Well it is a business after all. Why would anyone expect them to try and do something that did not make $ . Reboots and sequels make money which shows that there is a demand/disre for it .

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: No Indiana Jones "reboots"

#17 Post by Laohu »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Laohu wrote:So if we follow this type of logic Harrison Ford should have never been able to play Jack Ryan or Richard Kimble . Kind of silly and very unrealistic. I thought River Phoenix did a great job of playing the character and when the movie came out got great reviews for doing so . Disney has already recast Han Solo can Indy be far behind ? The only reason they have not recast the role already is that Ford is still willing to play him . With that being said I hope they make a great film this time out it might be the last time we get to see Harrison play the role .
Kimbel? I get.
Ryan? Meh, that was more of a Roger Moore following Sean Connery move in my mind. They were telling stories from different books in the series, and wasn't James Earl Jones a constant? Even if not, they weren't "rebooting".
So should I Be outraged that Harrison Ford took the role of Richard Kimble ? Should I talk bad about him every chance I get for him taking that role ? Should the film never have been made ? By the standards that you are setting that seems to be the case .
IMHO it was a good film , Ford did his job as a actor and many people enjoyed it and found out about the original because of it .