Season 1 Episode 7: The Cat Who Cried Wolf (1.7)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
No votes
9.5 (One of the Best)
6%
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
6%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
13%
7.5 (Decent)
25%
7.0 (Average at Best)
19%
6.5 (Not So Good)
No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
6%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
25%

Total votes: 16

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 1 Episode 7: The Cat Who Cried Worl (1.7)

#16 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ENSHealy wrote:In one scene, where we see him driving from above, he makes a comment about the "p.i. life" or "life of a p.i.", something like that, then in a later scene Kumu says something about being a cat [[insert a word I didn't catch here]] and Minimag replies "cat detective."

I nearly came out of my chair.
Maybe MiniMag is Ace Ventura: Cat Detective. :D

So does anyone know what the heck is a "worl"????? Don't cats go "meow" anymore or is that not politically correct? :lol:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Steve »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:This one's for you, Steve! Well, and I guess also Dobie, et al. :D When I saw this episode's title I remembered this pic...

You're welcome. :wink:

Thanks for that picture, Rembrandts Girl. As for Perdita, "well hush my puppies, in my neck of the Piney Woods we'd say she's as fit as a Bollweevil at chitlin' time", as they say in South Jersey.

"Come Lads. We still have time to catch the last 10 minutes of Lassie"...Higgins(Mac's Back)
Indeed! Decorum keeps me from saying what I am thinking when I see a beautiful woman sitting in a sexy car holding a cat... :roll:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by T.Q. »

More like this seeing that Shiggins is the real star of the show. :P

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#19 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:More like this seeing that Shiggins is the real star of the show. :P

F'ing brilliant!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by T.Q. »

ConchRepublican wrote:

F'ing brilliant!!!
:lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

TQ,
I salute you for this pic, I got a good laugh.
By the by, I thought this episode rose to a okay entertainment choice while one is doing something else; I was busy combing out
and clipping the nails of a shelter cat I was seduced into caring for for a month. I'll tell you one thing, I'm not going to give it another bath, I still
have fur on my tongue from the last time.
At any rate, have you noticed Perdita wears boots/shoes with extra long stiletto heels that make the chase scenes where she is jumping over/on various objects totally unrealistic as in this episode? On the other hand these type of shoes do highlight/accent the female form when Perdita sashays down the street, it has to be a purposeful choice by the producers to lure male viewers. Well count me in, it worked on this lowbrow.
I believe she has a star quality about her and if New Magnum doesn't work out Hollywood will come knocking at her door.
Maybe as the series went on the creators came to the same conclusion(besides her being the only real actor among the 4 leads) and that's why her part seems to be evolving into a full partner with Magnum in his investigations.
I thought Magnum's romance with the mother of the little girl was actually well done. The 'dance' that went on between them was on a adult level, she didn't just fall into bed with him but made it clear he has to work out his issues before courting her.
Bah humbug, the producers still do 10 things wrong for every one thing they get right.

"The Lord put so much inside that man he didn't have time for the outside"...Michael Landon on his best friend and Bonanza co-star Dan "Hoss" Blocker
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Green(e)
Ensign

#22 Post by Green(e) »

Long-time, first time.

There was also a callback to an original episode in which someone complains that Magnum will never be able to lose a tail in the Ferrari because it's so recognizable. This episode Higgins says something about never being able to tail someone in the Ferrari for the same reason. I can't remember the original episode name.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Steve »

Green(e) wrote:Long-time, first time.

There was also a callback to an original episode in which someone complains that Magnum will never be able to lose a tail in the Ferrari because it's so recognizable. This episode Higgins says something about never being able to tail someone in the Ferrari for the same reason. I can't remember the original episode name.

My favorite line so far this season, Juliette calls it a big red tallywacker...........

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by KingKC »

I love it!!!!!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by T.Q. »

KingKC wrote:

I love it!!!!!
Did it at the airport yesterday while traveling.

Sitting there wondering what the heck the people behind me would be thinking if they were watching.

Googling ‘Little Kid in Jeans” for the lower half in public is a bit strange.

LOL

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by KingKC »

Steve wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:This one's for you, Steve! Well, and I guess also Dobie, et al. :D When I saw this episode's title I remembered this pic...

You're welcome. :wink:

Thanks for that picture, Rembrandts Girl. As for Perdita, "well hush my puppies, in my neck of the Piney Woods we'd say she's as fit as a Bollweevil at chitlin' time", as they say in South Jersey.

"Come Lads. We still have time to catch the last 10 minutes of Lassie"...Higgins(Mac's Back)
Indeed! Decorum keeps me from saying what I am thinking when I see a beautiful woman sitting in a sexy car holding a cat... :roll:
I know what you're thinking!!!!!

sandbiscuits
Captain

#27 Post by sandbiscuits »

ENSHealy wrote:In one scene, where we see him driving from above, he makes a comment about the "p.i. life" or "life of a p.i.", something like that, then in a later scene Kumu says something about being a cat [[insert a word I didn't catch here]] and Minimag replies "cat detective."

I nearly came out of my chair.
Didn't quite come out of my chair, but something felt haywire when I heard him Magnum call himself a private detective. It was really jarring!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#28 Post by marlboro »

I always thought that Magnum getting snippy whenever someone called him a detective was kinda dumb. If Sherlock Holmes was cool with being a "consulting detective" I don't see why TM would have a bug up his ass about it.
Last edited by marlboro on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by KingKC »

marlboro wrote:I always thought that Magnum getting snippy whenever someone called him a detective was kinda dumb. If Sherlock Holmes was cool with being a "consulting detective" I don't see why TM would have a bug up his sss about it.
I agree fully. Exactly what was his beef about detective versus investigator? Was there an episode where he explained that?

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#30 Post by marlboro »

Not really. I think there was a quick line in Dream a Little Dream about how he didn't like the way "detective" sounded when the female character in that episode said it. Which isn't much of an explanation, imo.

I may be totally misremembering that though.