Other Actors / Guest Stars

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: Other Actors / Guest Stars

#16 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

marlboro wrote:My bad. For some reason I was thinking someone posted something about the guys being POWs in Iraq. But now that i think about it, I think it was Afghanistan. oops.
Hey marlboro, here's where you saw read that...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
marlboro wrote:My bad. For some reason I was thinking someone posted something about the guys being POWs in Iraq. But now that i think about it, I think it was Afghanistan. oops.

Nice find RG!
So it appears we have Irag and/or Afghanistan as part of the backstory to the show or a reporter just screwed up and made a mistake.

This article states Afghanistan.....

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/ ... ts-not-all

Oh well, we will know soon enough.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

Nice find RG!
So it appears we have Irag and/or Afghanistan as part of the backstory to the show or a reporter just screwed up and made a mistake.
Yep, I was wondering if the reporter screwed up too... in the first paragraph she says Afghanistan too???

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#19 Post by marlboro »

I doubt there is a Mac character. Between Hergins' MI6 connections and Rick's underworld ties think the "guy Magnum goes to for info" role is covered.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#20 Post by ConchRepublican »

marlboro wrote:I doubt there is a Mac character. Between Hergins' MI6 connections and Rick's underworld ties think the "guy Magnum goes to for info" role is covered.
Ahem . . . Shiggins. :D
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

ConchRepublican wrote:
marlboro wrote:I doubt there is a Mac character. Between Hergins' MI6 connections and Rick's underworld ties think the "guy Magnum goes to for info" role is covered.
Ahem . . . Shiggins. :D
Good one, Conch! :D And "Hergins" is great too, marlboro! :lol:

In the pilot audition videos Tanaka tells Magnum that Nuzo made a call to Buck Greene so maybe they'll bring in Mac at some point? I enjoyed Mac a lot so if he's cast(ed?) correctly (and not brought back as a woman!), it would be a plus to me.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#22 Post by ConchRepublican »

If they want to tie Magnum into the "Five-0verse" Jorge Garcia's Jerry Ortega may be interesting as a different take on Mac.

Well, not really, but I think Garcia would bring that sympathy factor that Jeff MacKay had as Mac. Since Jorge is on the 5-0 main cast I guess they would go in another direction and keep the inside the military aspect.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:If they want to tie Magnum into the "Five-0verse" Jorge Garcia's Jerry Ortega may be interesting as a different take on Mac.

Well, not really, but I think Garcia would bring that sympathy factor that Jeff MacKay had as Mac. Since Jorge is on the 5-0 main cast I guess they would go in another direction and keep the inside the military aspect.
I'm wondering if Domenick Lombardozzi from the previous page might have been cast as Mac. He put up a post on his facebook page with a picture from the Hotel balcony where the cast seems to be staying ......

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:If they want to tie Magnum into the "Five-0verse" Jorge Garcia's Jerry Ortega may be interesting as a different take on Mac.

I'm wondering if Domenick Lombardozzi from the previous page might have been cast as Mac. He put up a post on his facebook page with a picture from the Hotel balcony where the cast seems to be staying ......
Hi Steve,

Lenkov re-posted Stephen Hill's Instagram post from yesterday of Lombardozzi, Hill & Knighton and he actually referred to Lombardozzi as "Nuzo". From what we learned, Nuzo ends up dead in the pilot.

I saw Lombardozzi's post too, and I saw Jay Hernandez is also staying at the Modern, plus of course Stephen Hill. Must be some good times! :D

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#25 Post by Core 4 »

Tiffany Hines will appear in pilot. Perdita Weeks posted photo with her. According post with video on Tiffany Instagram, we know that she will play Sebastian's Nuzo wife, Lara. I know her from Nikita, Bones, and 24: Legacy.

@perdita_weeks_: This ridiculous hottie @tiffanyhines #magnum #aloha

@tiffanyhines: Love making new friends w this cast! @domenicklombardozzi #tvhubby #magnumpi #dayoff #goodtimes #hawaii #oahu #goodmusic

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg3IN3gghaY

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#26 Post by J.J. Walters »

What about Agatha? Why is nobody talking about AGATHA?? :)

With a female Higgins, I guess it's safe to assume that there will be no "Agatha" (or maybe not, who knows these days, right... *wink*). Or maybe they will try to go with some sort of male version of "Agatha". Augie? Adam? Mr. Belvedere? Just hope they don't forget the original character! She was great! And so was Gillian Dobb in the role! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

J.J. Walters wrote:What about Agatha? Why is nobody talking about AGATHA?? :)

With a female Higgins, I guess it's safe to assume that there will be no "Agatha" (or maybe not, who knows these days, right... *wink*). Or maybe they will try to go with some sort of male version of "Agatha". Augie? Adam? Mr. Belvedere? Just hope they don't forget the original character! She was great! And so was Gillian Dobb in the role! :)
Hey, you're right JJ... Agatha!!! Hmmmmmm, I did just find this guy today... maybe he's her... I mean him?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Dead Nuzo/Lombardozzi. This is definitely going to be a different MPI...

Lenkov Instagram post:

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#29 Post by Core 4 »

He has the ring, so looks like I was right. He was POW in Iraq (with Magnum, Rick, and T.C.).

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:He has the ring, so looks like I was right. He was POW in Iraq (with Magnum, Rick, and T.C.).
Nice spotting the ring, Core 4. Yep, the audition videos pretty much confirmed that when Tanaka is talking to Magnum about Nuzo being his war buddy, etc. And it's actually a foregone conclusion if you saw the original episode.