Ferrari

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ferrari

#16 Post by KENJI »

Looking forward to how this part of the show will play out too Steve!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Two 488 reviews for you to enjoy.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqxIu1cyRfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIgX-I5nOZE

Looking forward to seeing in on the reboot!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by KENJI »

Just thought of another possible storyline for the 308 coming back to the show which could be a short lived one. Maybe the new Thomas drives the 308 at the start of the show, but the villain (Ivan or Ivan like) blows it up like they did in the original series episode Did You See the Sun Rise? , then the 488 is introduced into the fold....just another guess. I would like to see the 308 ROBIN-1 stick around in the background of the estate for as long as the reboot continues. Anyways, just thought I would throw that one out there.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:Just thought of another possible storyline for the 308 coming back to the show which could be a short lived one. Maybe the new Thomas drives the 308 at the start of the show, but the villain (Ivan or Ivan like) blows it up like they did in the original series episode Did You See the Sun Rise? , then the 488 is introduced into the fold....just another guess. I would like to see the 308 ROBIN-1 stick around in the background of the estate for as long as the reboot continues. Anyways, just thought I would throw that one out there.
I could see that happening......Wonder if there is a red Fiat X1-9 sitting around somewhere...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:Just thought of another possible storyline for the 308 coming back to the show which could be a short lived one. Maybe the new Thomas drives the 308 at the start of the show, but the villain (Ivan or Ivan like) blows it up like they did in the original series episode Did You See the Sun Rise? , then the 488 is introduced into the fold....just another guess. I would like to see the 308 ROBIN-1 stick around in the background of the estate for as long as the reboot continues. Anyways, just thought I would throw that one out there.
I could see that happening......Wonder if there is a red Fiat X1-9 sitting around somewhere...
If they can't find a Fiat, maybe a Fiero might work. :wink:

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#21 Post by Core 4 »

Ferrari 308 on set Monday. @radar9: They filming off Lagoon Dr this morning at the chopper ride place.

https://twitter.com/radar9/status/978408051920330753

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by KENJI »

It's great to see the old 308 on location after all of these years!!!! :D
I'm still thinking ROBIN-1 is hanging from the back.
Thanks for posting Core 4!
Last edited by KENJI on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by 308GUY »

KENJI wrote:It's great to see the old 308 on location after all of these years!!!! :D
I'm still thinking ROBIN-1 is on hanging from the back.

Seconded! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Steve »

308GUY wrote:
KENJI wrote:It's great to see the old 308 on location after all of these years!!!! :D
I'm still thinking ROBIN-1 is on hanging from the back.

Seconded! :magnum:
Yes indeed, my nipples got hard!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

The 308 Lenkov posted in February has California plates so I'm wondering if he's the owner since he's such an MPI fan?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Another 308 is on the way to Hawaii. From what I've researched, Ty Knutson (this is his Instagram) supplies cars to the studios...

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by 308GUY »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Another 308 is on the way to Hawaii. From what I've researched, Ty Knutson (this is his Instagram) supplies cars to the studios...

OUTSTANDING! :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by KENJI »

308GUY wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Another 308 is on the way to Hawaii. From what I've researched, Ty Knutson (this is his Instagram) supplies cars to the studios...

X2!!

Nice find RG!

I'm all over another one being shipped over for the show (the more the merrier), BUT I'm wondering if this is the one we have been seeing in Lenkov's posts etc... Maybe Ty was sworn to secrecy until Lenkov let it out of the bag first and Ty finally got around to posting this pic....just a guess. Yes, the front nose/grill area is a bit different from the first pic that was revealed, but they may have done a few modifications since then. It would also makes sense to have a back up for the original in case it breaks down, overheats which they are known for, etc.....time is money...they might be already experiencing this, hence the call to Ty. Another plausible thought...this one could be used for close up shots of Thomas driving and/or talking to someone in the passenger seat. They used to have one set up on that trailer contraption where you think Thomas is driving around, but he is really being towed around (we have a pic of it somewhere buried in the MM vault )...again saving time on set up if you have two on location for two different shots....plus you would never see the different grill areas....another guess. I believe the original MPI had a few 308s on set for these reasons.
Thanks for sharing RG!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:
308GUY wrote:

X2!!

Nice find RG!

I'm all over another one being shipped over for the show (the more the merrier), BUT I'm wondering if this is the one we have been seeing in Lenkov's posts etc... Maybe Ty was sworn to secrecy until Lenkov let it out of the bag first and Ty finally got around to posting this pic....just a guess. Yes, the front nose/grill area is a bit different from the first pic that was revealed, but they may have done a few modifications since then. Another more plausible thought, it makes sense to have a back up for the original in case it breaks down, overheats which they are known for, etc.....time is money...they might be already experiencing this, hence the call to Ty. Another thought...this one could be used for close up shots of Thomas driving and/or talking to someone in the passenger seat....they used to have one set up on that trailer contraption where you think Thomas is driving around, but he is really being towed around (we have a pic of it somewhere buried in the MM vault )...again saving time on set up if you have two on location for two different shots....another guess. I believe the original MPI had a few 308s on set for these reasons.
Thanks for sharing RG!
Cool........From what I read when one of the originals went on the auction block at Barrett-Jackson last year, they had five cars for each different year models they used ('78, '80 and '84)

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Here's ROBIN-1 on the set!!!

(ROBIN-1 up ahead)...

And I just noticed in this one he calls it the "shot maker car"