Pilot to Ep2 Ratings and Beyond

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Pilot to Ep2 Ratings and Beyond

#136 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:Still can't wrap my head around the ratings.

MINI MAG Season 2 averages:

KEY DEMO: 0.59 -33.52%
TOTAL VIEWERS: 6M

Telly’s Take: Will CBS cancel or renew Magnum PI for season three? Even if the ratings fall, I suspect this reboot will still be renewed.

Another CBS show.

ALL RISE Season 1 averages:

KEY DEMO: 0.65
TOTAL VIEWERS: 5.3M

Telly’s Take: Will CBS cancel or renew All Rise for season two? The ratings have been quite low so, I suspect this drama won’t survive to see a second season.

It's actually quite baffling to me how hell bent CBS is to keep this on the air.

I don't understand either, I've been following TV Series Finale and while the ratings have upticked slightly the last couple of weeks (post baseball?) I had read somewhere that if the key demo is .8 it's likely to be cancelled and the show has been no higher than .63 all season.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/magn ... /#comments
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#137 Post by T.Q. »

Maybe Lenkov has dirt on some CBS Exec. :lol:

Anyways, told Laohu I wouldn't shred the show anymore for how bad it is, so this was just a post on not getting how it's still on air with such bad ratings.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#138 Post by eagle »

Seems Lenkov has some sort of in w/ CBS, yes.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#139 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I don't think the U.S. ratings matter that much. CBS will keep it because it's the kind of show (action and crime) that will make money in the foreign market.

ConchRepublican

#140 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:I don't think the U.S. ratings matter that much. CBS will keep it because it's the kind of show (action and crime) that will make money in the foreign market.
I thought the Americans are the low brow troglodytes that like shoot 'em ups and explosions . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#141 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I thought the Americans are the low brow troglodytes that like shoot 'em ups and explosions . . .
Nah, that's just what they want you to think. :wink:

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#142 Post by Laohu »

T.Q. wrote:Maybe Lenkov has dirt on some CBS Exec. :lol:

Anyways, told Laohu I wouldn't shred the show anymore for how bad it is, so this was just a post on not getting how it's still on air with such bad ratings.

Your analysis of season one was off the mark . Your analysis of season two is equally flawed. I can all but guarantee you that there will be a season three . I would say it was a Coming back 100% but CBS Viacom merger makes me hedge a little bit .

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#143 Post by T.Q. »

Laohu wrote:
T.Q. wrote:Maybe Lenkov has dirt on some CBS Exec. :lol:

Your analysis of season one was off the mark . Your analysis of season two is equally flawed. I can all but guarantee you that there will be a season three . I would say it was a Coming back 100% but CBS Viacom merger makes me hedge a little bit .
Of course I was off the mark (re. Renewal).

The stories are bad. The acting is bad. The ratings are bad.

Who the heck expected it to continue? :P
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#144 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Sorry, the stories have gotten better in season 2, the acting has gotten better - you should watch the reboot with an open mind and not with a fist in your pocket.

Why are you watching at all?
If you don‘t how can you comment on acting and storylines - or are you only referring to second hand information?

For a reality check, just check storytelling and acting in the first seasons of the original show.

ConchRepublican

#145 Post by ConchRepublican »

Bondtoys.de wrote: For a reality check, just check storytelling and acting in the first seasons of the original show.
I can't comment on the reboot any further because I have only seen the pilot plus 5 minutes.

I can comment and provide a "reality check" on Magnum, P.I. and the first few seasons, which were outstanding (which I could put in all caps). Season One is my personal favorite and while it may have some uneven moments, it also has some spectacular episodes. Season 2 and 3 are arguably the best of the series going according to most by my understanding.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#146 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I don‘t disagree with you that the first 3 seasons of the original show where the best.

However, if you really critically dissect the original show like some here do with the reboot, you‘ll find out that the storylines have been quite simple compared to today‘s standards and the acting quite often was not really outstanding.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#147 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Sorry, the stories have gotten better in season 2, the acting has gotten better - you should watch the reboot with an open mind and not with a fist in your pocket.

If you don‘t how can you comment on acting and storylines - or are you only referring to second hand information?

For a reality check, just check storytelling and acting in the first seasons of the original show.
I’ve seen parts of two episodes this season.

Tuned in a bit last night.

I really don't understand the structure of the show.

Why would they make it a near replica of Hawaii Five-0 in tone and feel?

I don't get why Lenkov wouldn't take even just a bit of the style from our Magnum.

Take the opening scene... high speed chase, blaring music...

I said to wifey they sure don't like the classic opening with a beautiful sunrise and Magnum musing about what it's like living in paradise.

Oh, well.

Said I wouldn't comment about Minimag too much anymore so I'm back to silence.

Besides, my post was strictly about ratings until Laohu chimed in about how great the show is.

And attacking the real Magnum, P.I. doesn’t make MiniMag any better.

ConchRepublican

#148 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:And attacking the real Magnum, P.I. doesn’t make MiniMag any better.
CoziTV Superfan spot

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#149 Post by T.Q. »

ConchRepublican wrote:
T.Q. wrote:And attacking the real Magnum, P.I. doesn’t make MiniMag any better.

This was a bizarre statement.

I honestly believe some here think that Minimag is a better show than the one-and-only (and why this website exists).

Go figure.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#150 Post by Laohu »

T.Q. wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:Sorry, the stories have gotten better in season 2, the acting has gotten better - you should watch the reboot with an open mind and not with a fist in your pocket.

I’ve seen parts of two episodes this season.

Tuned in a bit last night.

I really don't understand the structure of the show.

Why would they make it a near replica of Hawaii Five-0 in tone and feel?

I don't get why Lenkov wouldn't take even just a bit of the style from our Magnum.

Take the opening scene... high speed chase, blaring music...

I said to wifey they sure don't like the classic opening with a beautiful sunrise and Magnum musing about what it's like living in paradise.

Oh, well.

Said I wouldn't comment about Minimag too much anymore so I'm back to silence.

Besides, my post was strictly about ratings until Laohu chimed in about how great the show is.

And attacking the real Magnum, P.I. doesn’t make MiniMag any better.
Once again you are miss quoting me . Please see original post .
There is no mention of how great the show is only that it will be renewed and that you keep trying to say that the ratings are so bad it can’t go on . You did that all last season and like I predicted were completely wrong . You are doing it again and I was just pointing out you will be wrong again .
:D