For all the haters of the new show

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IslandHopper82
Ensign

Re: For all the haters of the new show

#106 Post by IslandHopper82 »

I can't agree with that. For me it is like you take the bible and reboot it with fancy fashion and new characters. Higgins is a woman, please! Lucky for her that the real Higgie Baby would be enough gentleman to accept that :higgins:
Of course it's not the 80's anymore. But that's exactly the point. For me Magnum p.i. is fixed in this time after Vietnam, USSR, the cold war, IRA and all these political issues. It's bounded with remembrances.
You can take this idea to the new age, but not the spirit.
Watch it if you want. But for me it's just plastic and has nothing to do with Magnum p.i.! It's a completely different thing.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#107 Post by ConchRepublican »

IslandHopper82 wrote:I can't agree with that. For me it is like you take the bible and reboot it with fancy fashion and new characters. Higgins is a woman, please! Lucky for her that the real Higgie Baby would be enough gentleman to accept that :higgins:
Of course it's not the 80's anymore. But that's exactly the point. For me Magnum p.i. is fixed in this time after Vietnam, USSR, the cold war, IRA and all these political issues. It's bounded with remembrances.
You can take this idea to the new age, but not the spirit.
Watch it if you want. But for me it's just plastic and has nothing to do with Magnum p.i.! It's a completely different thing.
Well said and a great introduction to Magnum Mania.

Welcome IslandHopper82!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#108 Post by T.Q. »

IslandHopper82 wrote: Watch it if you want. But for me it's just plastic and has nothing to do with Magnum p.i.!
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.