Season 2 Episode 11: Day I Met The Devil (2.11)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
14%
9.5 (One of the Best)
14%
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
No votes
8.0 (Pretty Good)
No votes
7.5 (Decent)
14%
7.0 (Average at Best)
14%
6.5 (Not So Good)
No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
14%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
29%

Total votes: 7

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 2 Episode 11: Day I Met The Devil (2.11)

#1 Post by KENJI »

Steve mentioned that this episode will be a two part HFO crossover.

I found this article that gives us a tiny bit of info about it.....no title yet either.

https://www.thewrap.com/hawaii-five-0-m ... n-january/

It will be interesting to see if Thomas and HFO's Steve will know each other from their days in the Navy.
Last edited by KENJI on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 11: (2.11) Part 1

#2 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hey Kenji,
Thanks for posting. I did not like the decision to drop Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim from H50 and lost interest in the series shortly after. This said I will be interested in viewing the crossover.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

terryfromkerry wrote:Hey Kenji,
Thanks for posting. I did not like the decision to drop Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim from H50 and lost interest in the series shortly after. This said I will be interested in viewing the crossover.
Hi Terry,

I wish Grace, Daniel and Peter could've come to an agreement over pay and stayed on HFO.

I'll be tuning in to the crossover too, but this HFO episode from a few years back really wrecked any smooth transition for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoBx0PMNNFI

They didn't think it out long term for a possible crossover etc. which really annoys me about the writers -sloppy imo. Having said that, they don't really care and must think their viewers have a short memory and forgot about this episode or they're hoping we don't care about this blunder either and I'm sure some don't. I get the crossover which makes total sense so WHY did they go down this road! It was probably the same writer(s) who came up with the idea for Kamekona to buy and fly a helicopter while only owning a couple of shrimp trucks....come on....it's almost insulting they think we believe this storyline. Again, they didn't think this storyline out very well which is a real shame. From day one of the HFO reboot, they should've had Kamekona being a millionaire entrepreneur making this helicopter purchase believable. He could've been the rich character on the show, just like Robin is on MPI. Oh well, it's their mess to figure out....lets hope they don't make even more of a mess of it. :roll:

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by terryfromkerry »

:roll: I hear you. Its clumsy to say the least.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 11: Day I Met The Devil (2.11) Part 1

#5 Post by KENJI »

Magnum is called up from the reserves for a top secret mission, but his friends are stunned when they learn that the mission is a lie and Magnum has been set up.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by KENJI »

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

WARNING.....If you DVR'D this for later watching or will watch on On-Demand, do not go to the episode info option and do not look at the cast..........CBS gives away a major plot twist...........Nice nod to the original pilot episode in the beginning.....

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

Magnum comes face to face with Ivan in this episode, but Ivan gets away for another day/ another episode. :wink: They shot a scene at the Mark's Estate which was a nice surprise. They also did a quick shot of Magnum driving over the bridge to Ford Island and commenting on Pearl/USS Arizona which was respectful at this time of year.
Captain Buck Greene not Col. Buck Greene resigns in this episode after setting up Magnum to save his son (spoiler: he dies). Magnum salutes Buck at the end of the show which I thought was surprising after being set up. TC was sporting an Island Hoppers ball cap in one scene....Does anyone have a screen cap of it?
I did not like Shammi/Shami (the vet in the wheelchair) coming on the mission which was a joke in my opinion. :roll: It makes no sense to bring him along when the bullets are flying. I would've been okay with it if he stayed on Robin's plane and did something on a computer to help the gang, but allowing him to go into battle was ridiculous. TC even had to carry him out at one point to avoid a drone strike. Katsumoto joined the gang on this adventure and seems to have a bit of a bad attitude towards the HPD brass at the moment. He might be joining Magnum's PI agency after all which one of our other members has already suggested....time will tell.
I don't think this is Part 1 of 2 now as the promo for Jan.3rd shows Steve M. from HFO driving the Ferrari with Magnum in the passenger seat. I'll change the title if needed then....will just have to wait and see.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:Magnum comes face to face with Ivan in this episode, but Ivan gets away for another day/ another episode. :wink: They shot a scene at the Mark's Estate which was a nice surprise. They also did a quick shot of Magnum driving over the bridge to Ford Island and commenting on Pearl/USS Arizona which was respectful at this time of year.
Captain Buck Greene not Col. Buck Greene resigns in this episode after setting up Magnum to save his son (spoiler: he dies). Magnum salutes Buck at the end of the show which I thought was surprising after being set up. TC was sporting an Island Hoppers ball cap in one scene....Does anyone have a screen cap of it?
I did not like Shammi/Shami (the vet in the wheelchair) coming on the mission which was a joke in my opinion. :roll: It makes no sense to bring him along when the bullets are flying. I would've been okay with it if he stayed on Robin's plane and did something on a computer to help the gang, but allowing him to go into battle was ridiculous. TC even had to carry him out at one point to avoid a drone strike. Katsumoto joined the gang on this adventure and seems to have a bit of a bad attitude towards the HPD brass at the moment. He might be joining Magnum's PI agency after all which one of our other members has already suggested....time will tell.
I don't think this is Part 1 of 2 now as the promo for Jan.3rd shows Steve M. from HFO driving the Ferrari with Magnum in the passenger seat. I'll change the title if needed then....will just have to wait and see.
You are correct, KENJI, it looks as though both shows on January 3rd will be a crossover ...Did you catch the opening when Magnum is at the guard shack and he and the guard quote the "Ski" exchange from the pilot almost word for word......

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:Magnum comes face to face with Ivan in this episode, but Ivan gets away for another day/ another episode. :wink: They shot a scene at the Mark's Estate which was a nice surprise. They also did a quick shot of Magnum driving over the bridge to Ford Island and commenting on Pearl/USS Arizona which was respectful at this time of year.
You are correct, KENJI, it looks as though both shows on January 3rd will be a crossover ...Did you catch the opening when Magnum is at the guard shack and he and the guard quote the "Ski" exchange from the pilot almost word for word......
Sure did Steve.......
Anyone else interested in hearing the original exchange go to the 9:27 mark.........OR watch the entire episode. :wink:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3p2csj

eagle
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 11: Day I Met The Devil (2.11)

#11 Post by eagle »

This is my first episode comment for season two, and what brought it on is that this episode is completely ridiculous. Buck Green is shown as being an extremely weak man. One does not get to his level by being a weak man. This is horrible, horrible writing, and I'm only 11 minutes in.

As with all episodes in this series, I do not expect it to get better. While I have not liked a single episode of the reboot, the writing for recent season 2 episodes was decidedly less bad than most others, but so far this one is just plain stupid.

I continue to not enjoy the reboot, and I continue to wonder why I bother to waste my time.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 11: Day I Met The Devil (2.11)

#12 Post by Laohu »