Higgins ..... Juliet Higgins

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Higgins ..... Juliet Higgins

#31 Post by KENJI »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:I'm not buying that they are going to use the original estate for a reboot. They would have to spend a ton of money to get it looking halfway decent. At this point the show does not even have the green light; it's only in the pilot stage. I figure PL was scouting the place out last fall so they could find something similar that doesn't need several million bucks in repairs.
Hi MLS,
You're right in that the show is only at the pilot stage, but the pilot has to be filmed somewhere so why not at Pahonu.
The original never filmed inside so the budget wouldn't be in the millions. Bring the grounds up to snuff and add some fresh paint to the exterior to hide the patch work and you're good to go. I'm sure with the technology today they can alter whatever they want with a click of a button. I think it will come down to the Nesbitts and CBS crunching the numbers for filming there. Time will tell.

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by Majordomo »

I have voiced my apprehension about the reboot in earlier threads, but I have to admit that seeing these images from Mr. Lenkov's instagram have actually given me some hope. He seems to be doing his homework. I really hope that Pahonu gets featured on the show.
"Don't hand me that wretched understatement. I was bloody marvelous."

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#33 Post by ☨magnum.t »

Sooo with Higgins being a female I wonder if TC will still call her Higgybaby or will that just be too strange.
That reminds me of the time....

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#34 Post by ConchRepublican »

☨magnum.t wrote:Sooo with Higgins being a female I wonder if TC will still call her Higgybaby or will that just be too strange.
Replaced with "HiggyLady".

Which will piss her off due to his assuming her gender. :twisted:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Looks like they will be going the "will they/won't they" route.
And you conclude it on what? Because she is a woman? In Elementary, Watson she is also a woman, but there is nothing romantic between her and Sherlock. In Hawaii Five-0, Kono she is also woman, and there was never anything romance between her and the members of Five-0. So I suppose that it will be the same with Higgins.

I like the casting, because from what I saw is a great actress, and the description resembles Higgins from the original. Of course he is no longer a man, and she is much younger, but it will not stop me as long as it will be a great character creation, and will remain quarrels between and Magnum, and I know it will remain because I saw the video from the Higgins casting.
I just read this Core 4... you said you "saw the video from the Higgins casting". Please share where to view this. I'd like to see it and I'm sure a lot of folks here would like to see it as well.

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#36 Post by Core 4 »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Core 4 wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Looks like they will be going the "will they/won't they" route.
And you conclude it on what? Because she is a woman? In Elementary, Watson she is also a woman, but there is nothing romantic between her and Sherlock. In Hawaii Five-0, Kono she is also woman, and there was never anything romance between her and the members of Five-0. So I suppose that it will be the same with Higgins.

I like the casting, because from what I saw is a great actress, and the description resembles Higgins from the original. Of course he is no longer a man, and she is much younger, but it will not stop me as long as it will be a great character creation, and will remain quarrels between and Magnum, and I know it will remain because I saw the video from the Higgins casting.
I just read this Core 4... you said you "saw the video from the Higgins casting". Please share where to view this. I'd like to see it and I'm sure a lot of folks here would like to see it as well.
Unfortunately it has been deleted. But I remember that there was an argument between Higgins and Magnum about Ferrari, and Higgins also mentioned Zeus and Apollo.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Oh darn. Where was it that you originally saw it that it was deleted from?

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#38 Post by Core 4 »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Oh darn. Where was it that you originally saw it that it was deleted from?
Vimeo. ;)

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by KENJI »

Season 1: Higgins in action................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMydY-66nhQ

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#40 Post by ConchRepublican »

Core 4 wrote:

Ah . . . I almost miss Core4 and his blatant propaganda.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04