Ratings up 32 % in time slot

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ratings up 32 % in time slot

#16 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I totally agree.

If the reboot would not find enough viewers, they wouldn‘t have ordered another season.
The numbers show a decrease of viewers, but it was obviously not enough to let CBS cancel after season one.

And this, gentlemen, is all what counts and I am looking forward to enjoy more reboot episodes.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:I totally agree.

If the reboot would not find enough viewers, they wouldn‘t have ordered another season.
The numbers show a decrease of viewers, but it was obviously not enough to let CBS cancel after season one.

And this, gentlemen, is all what counts and I am looking forward to enjoy more reboot episodes.
Well, David Hasselhoff was also a huge pop star in Europe soooo....

:lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

... similarly like Tom Selleck at the same time.

So, what does it tell you?

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by perfectlykevin »

Looking forward to season 2. I hope they keep Hannah in the past and move on to better things. She seemed to be mentioned way too much for my liking last season.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Laohu »

Hannah was a major plot point to the season something tells me we have not seen the last of her . It looks like that they have started putting a few things in place for season two I also am looking forward to see where it goes .

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by perfectlykevin »

Laohu wrote:Hannah was a major plot point to the season something tells me we have not seen the last of her . It looks like that they have started putting a few things in place for season two I also am looking forward to see where it goes .

I don't see how she could be alive. She was fatally shot and her body carried back on the plane they flew out of Myanmar.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Laohu »

We never see the body and Lenkov has written comic books . Just a thought ,I think They have something else in store for us .

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by perfectlykevin »

Laohu wrote:We never see the body and Lenkov has written comic books . Just a thought ,I think They have something else in store for us .

Goodness I hope not. I mean what a 12ish hour flight back, with major GSW's to the torso. I also felt like there should have been more between Magnum and her but it felt very stiff and forced. I guess we will see though :)

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Laohu »

No body so was she really on the plane ? :D just joking but in the original show they brought Michelle back from the dead . If Hanna is alive Magnum and the gang know it and the CIA is helping to fake her death . The Michelle story line and the Hanna story line both kind of fell flat with me but on the up side the season 1 final with Hanna was more enjoyable the second time I watched it . I hope we get more then 20 episodes next year .

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Chris109 »

Laohu wrote:No body so was she really on the plane ? :D just joking but in the original show they brought Michelle back from the dead . If Hanna is alive Magnum and the gang know it and the CIA is helping to fake her death . The Michelle story line and the Hanna story line both kind of fell flat with me but on the up side the season 1 final with Hanna was more enjoyable the second time I watched it . I hope we get more then 20 episodes next year .
Seemed like EVERYBODY came back from the dead. Or, near dead.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Laohu »

If you find that insulting Chris No Comic book movies for you seems like most of them have died and been brought back even Superman . Come to think of it even the original Magnum died and came back or was it a dream ?