Team Ring

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Team Ring

#1 Post by KENJI »

Thanks to RG`s pic she posted in the Magnum PI reboot thoughts thread we can see that the team ring doesn`t appear to be identical to the original. The Cross of Lorraine appears to be flat and raised on the ring instead of concave in shape. Hard to make out all the details from that pic, but I`m sure we will get a true close up soon. Maybe it`s another salute to the original show.....retire the original rings and bring a slightly different version to the reboot....just a guess.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: Team Ring

#2 Post by Steve »

I would have never spotted the difference, but that is why I am absolutely blown away by all of you with the latest info and detailed info on the OG show, props, and the estate . At least Lenkov trying. I suspect he knows of this site and has the writers using it, well I hope they are. Perhaps we need one of our members hred on as a consultant :wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Hi Steve,

I would be stunned if they are not coming to MM for ideas, researching material etc.. James has created an excellent site for them to work off....call it a one stop shop for all things Magnum, the official MPI playbook or the MPI Holy Bible....there is nothing out there that comes close. I bet CBS doesn't even have as much organized reference material on their own show as this site does.. James should get a fee for the hard work he has put in, but I'm sure their lawyers would frown on any payment based on the "fair use" clause etc. that this site is based on. I even suggested to James that he approach Lenkov as a consultant, but he's not interested....hmmm....Conch your up next......you even share Lenkov's first name! :wink: It would be great if someone from here could keep them on the straight and narrow when it comes to the details, storylines etc., but maybe the MM site is enough-it's all laid out on a silver platter for them! I would guess they are reading our comments in the reboot section as well, so maybe that's our way of telling them what we like and dislike.

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#4 Post by ☨magnum.t »

The ring is upside down....
That reminds me of the time....

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:Hi Steve,

I would be stunned if they are not coming to MM for ideas, researching material etc.. James has created an excellent site for them to work off....call it a one stop shop for all things Magnum, the official MPI playbook or the MPI Holy Bible....there is nothing out there that comes close. I bet CBS doesn't even have as much organized reference material on their own show as this site does.. James should get a fee for the hard work he has put in, but I'm sure their lawyers would frown on any payment based on the "fair use" clause etc. that this site is based on. I even suggested to James that he approach Lenkov as a consultant, but he's not interested....hmmm....Conch your up next......you even share Lenkov's first name! :wink: It would be great if someone from here could keep them on the straight and narrow when it comes to the details, storylines etc., but maybe the MM site is enough-it's all laid out on a silver platter for them! I would guess they are reading our comments in the reboot section as well, so maybe that's our way of telling them what we like and dislike.
I agree, how about it Peter???? It seems like many of us have stopped fighting it and are taking a more positive wait and see attitude. I am actually looking forward to it and the more I research the lead actors the more I think this could turn out to be what Hawaii 5-0 just didn't quite get right....

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by 308GUY »

I personally, really like the look of the ring in the pic RG posted from PL's feed.....geeeez luweeez....now I gotta go have ANOTHER ring made! :lol:

Hadn't heard previously that Lenkov was an avid fan of the original.

This could turn out to be a great asset...to the original...to television in general and to all us Magnum Maniac's! :magnum: :geek:

But again....little voice is saying.."wait and see"...but am feeling a much more positive vibe from the "going's on" that have recently come to light. :D
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:Thanks to RG`s pic she posted in the Magnum PI reboot thoughts thread we can see that the team ring doesn`t appear to be identical to the original. The Cross of Lorraine appears to be flat and raised on the ring instead of concave in shape. Hard to make out all the details from that pic, but I`m sure we will get a true close up soon. Maybe it`s another salute to the original show.....retire the original rings and bring a slightly different version to the reboot....just a guess.
Inserting pic here in the new thread from my post yesterday...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

I just posted this pic in the CBS thread. I didn't see that it was already posted here. Sorry! I've removed it from my post in the other thread.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#9 Post by Mr. Greene »

I like the redo of the team ring. Can’t wait to see who’s gonna get one made

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by perfectlykevin »

The new Team Ring looks like so many currently sold on eBay. To my mind, it doesn't seem the "creative" team who is in charge of key elements are even trying. I'd bet they looked up "Cross of Loraine" on ebay and picked up a few. :shock:

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by Nikita70 »

The watch isn’t exactly the same model either. It’s a GMT II, the indices have white gold surrounding the lume. Small detail but worth noting.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by perfectlykevin »

http://www.hollywoodrobbie.com/

Looks like Robbie has made the newer version of the Team Ring, and he's also back in business making the classic style as well. :)