For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

Re: Where to find new red shirt?

#61 Post by LZeitgeist »

Laohu wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:
perfectlykevin wrote: What size are you normally and what size did you get? Concerned how their shirts run. I want to order a couple but worry about the fit.
Trying to find a direct comparison that you might have...

My Paradise Found black star orchid shirt and my PF red jungle bird shirts are both Large, and the new Avanti red Breeze shirt is an XL, and they seem to be the same dimensions.
So you went up a size from normal ? I ordered mine that way the Aloha shirts that I have from Tommy Bahama I have I went up a size in so I ordered the Avanti shirt that way as well . Hoping it will work but figured better to have it to large than to small .
Yeah, sort of... as I mentioned earlier in the thread, my Large red PF bird shirt seems to fit me a bit smaller than my Large black PF orchid shirt, and I have gained a bit more belly over the last couple of years. The new Avanti XL red shirt fits me nicely like my black PF. I figured I'd err on the side of caution.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#62 Post by LZeitgeist »

T.Q. wrote:
Well that's a HUGE picture. LOL
Yikes! Any idea what I need to do differently since mine is only posting the thumbnail?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#63 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
Yikes! Any idea what I need to do differently since mine is only posting the thumbnail?
All I did was click the thumbnail... right clicked the image and opened it in its own page. Then cut and pasted the location.

If you want the actual photo smaller, the original image needs to be opened in Paint or other software and reduced in size 50% or so if you’re so inclined.

Upload the new one and follow the steps. Image needs to be opened in its own tab/page.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#64 Post by LZeitgeist »

T.Q. wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
All I did was click the thumbnail... right clicked the image and opened it in its own page. Then cut and pasted the location.

If you want the actual photo smaller, the original image needs to be opened in Paint or other software and reduced in size 50% or so if you’re so inclined.

Upload the new one and follow the steps. Image needs to be opened in its own tab/page.
Ah! Well that's just clever as all get-out. Thanks for the tips. I knew about resizing (my new phone takes huge pics, but I didn't think about that part of it) but the rest didn't occur to me. Your next Coops is on me.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#65 Post by LZeitgeist »

Last edited by LZeitgeist on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#66 Post by LZeitgeist »

T.Q. wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:

I must be missing something somehow - I'm on a desktop now and I did what you described, but I keep getting a X in a box when I try. Anyway, I resized the pic.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote: Yikes! Any idea what I need to do differently since mine is only posting the thumbnail?
I must be missing something somehow - I'm on a desktop now and I did what you described, but I keep getting a X in a box when I try. Anyway, I resized the pic.
Lookin' good.
Last edited by T.Q. on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote:Image
For future reference this is where you need to get.

http://images2.imagebam.com/f6/c2/ff/f7 ... 005264.jpg

Copy and paste that url into Image

At least that's what I do.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#69 Post by LZeitgeist »

T.Q. wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:Image
For future reference this is where you need to get.

http://images2.imagebam.com/f6/c2/ff/f7 ... 005264.jpg

Copy and paste that url into Image

At least that's what I do.
Is 'images2' a folder you created in ImageBam? Because that's what I was looking for in mine and I wasn't finding it... I noticed that was the address on a couple of your pics.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#70 Post by LZeitgeist »

AHA! Figured it out - you were getting the address of the pic from the Properties - I was looking at the web address line of the window. Thanks for the help!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote:Is 'images2' a folder you created in ImageBam?
No.

Looks like where ImageBam places it.

Image is here: http://www.imagebam.com/image/9750171120724454

I right-click image and click "view image".

It opens new tab with the picture (by itself) here: http://images2.imagebam.com/7e/29/24/97 ... 724454.jpg

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#72 Post by LZeitgeist »

Hmm, when I right-click the image on ImageBam, the drop-down menu I see doesn't have an option to 'View Image' - I'm running Windows 7 Professional at the moment but I was doing everything else over my Android LG V40 last night, so I had more limited options there. I'm guessing you're running a different OS?

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Chris109 »

LZeitgeist wrote:Hmm, when I right-click the image on ImageBam, the drop-down menu I see doesn't have an option to 'View Image' - I'm running Windows 7 Professional at the moment but I was doing everything else over my Android LG V40 last night, so I had more limited options there. I'm guessing you're running a different OS?
After I put Minimags, or TQ's, face on anything, I upload to https://imgur.com/. You can edit size in there also. Sometimes you need to shrink that puppy.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by perfectlykevin »

Would be nice if we could upload pics directly to this site. I've been wristwatch sites when photobucket went to paying and wiped out a lot of pics. Problematic when you want to see details of say a watch movement but the pics are now wiped out.

I'd be willing to kick in to have this site be able to host directly :)

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#75 Post by Laohu »

So disappointed my shirt did not arrive today like tracking info said it would . Started trying to get updated from USPS website from about 4pm on and keep getting the same message that tracking is not available at this time . Well maybe tomorrow