New Robin Masters

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

New Robin Masters

#1 Post by T.Q. »

What’s REALLY dumb is Higgins threatening Magmum with ‘going to Robin’ with everything.

It’s completely lost its teeth...

Doesn’t mean anything with the re-writing that Robin is Magmum’s Seal buddy.

Eww, so scary... you’re going to rat out that I’m a mooch to one of my best friends who knows very well I’m a mooch that’s mooching off him.

Doesn’t make sense to me.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

Re: New Robin Masters

#2 Post by eagle »

I hadn't thought about that, but you're right. Add that to the list of things that are done wrong in the reboot.

karolis
Admiral

#3 Post by karolis »

Remember all the "White Knight" references in the pilot episode? It was used by Robin Masters in his book describing Magnum. In the latest episode (Sudden Death) Higgins talks about White Knight (aka Magnum) while playing chess with the kid. I think it's the first clue that Higgins is Robin Masters. And i don't think that Magnum met Robin Masters face to face in Afghanistan. He just provided material for his books. Even if he met someone claiming to be Robin Masters - it doesn't prove that it was actually him.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KingKC »

Somebody refresh my memory. Just how did TM and Robin Masters connect in the original MP1??

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by T.Q. »

karolis wrote:And i don't think that Magnum met Robin Masters face to face in Afghanistan. He just provided material for his books. Even if he met someone claiming to be Robin Masters - it doesn't prove that it was actually him.
Oh, thought they said they were friends in the pilot.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

T.Q. wrote:
karolis wrote:And i don't think that Magnum met Robin Masters face to face in Afghanistan. He just provided material for his books. Even if he met someone claiming to be Robin Masters - it doesn't prove that it was actually him.
Here's what was said in the pilot...

When Robin Masters offered me the job as live-in security consultant as a way to supplement my P.I. business, I jumped at it. You see, before he was a New York Times best-selling author, Robin Masters was a journalist embedded with our special operations team in Iraq. He told us, someday he would pay us back for the material we were giving him for a series of books he was planning to write. You can say Robin Masters is a man of his word. And his words have made him a man of great taste.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by T.Q. »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
Here's what was said in the pilot...

When Robin Masters offered me the job as live-in security consultant as a way to supplement my P.I. business, I jumped at it. You see, before he was a New York Times best-selling author, Robin Masters was a journalist embedded with our special operations team in Iraq. He told us, someday he would pay us back for the material we were giving him for a series of books he was planning to write. You can say Robin Masters is a man of his word. And his words have made him a man of great taste.
Thanks for the quote.

I took it as an insinuation (embedded and spending oodles of time with them) that they became friends I guess.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

We find out in S1E6 that Robin helped set up TC with his helicopter business and Rick with a job at the KK. Also his birthday is on Aug 4th.....the code to the new Ferrari car alarm.