Anyone Watch Pilot but Won’t Watch Again? Or Opposite?

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Anyone Watch Pilot but Won’t Watch Again? Or Opposite?

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Anyone one and done on the new Magmun?

Just curious.

I think I’m in that boat.

Conversely, anyone NOT watch pilot and been swayed to tune in?

:geek:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Re: Anyone Watch Pilot but Won’t Watch Again? Or Opposite?

#2 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

I watched, stopped 10 minutes in and then finished it in “On Demand”. I’ll probably watch the next few just to see what kind of changes were made from the pilot to production.
Last edited by Fr. Paddy McGuinness on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith and Begorrah!

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Reef monkey »

Yeah, I think that's me. My wife said you never know, a lot of times the pilot is shaky but it gets better, but I think I may just forget to watch it again instead of actively avoiding it, because it didn't give me a lot of reason to watch it. And it's on Monday nights, not a big TV watching night for me anyway. Yeah, yeah, I know, DVR, but I've found that when I lose (or in this case don't have a lot of) enthusiasm for a show, it tends to just sit there in my DVR. This is how I know I've lost interest in the new 5-0, several episodes from last season were just sitting in my DVR unwatched, finally got around to watching them this summer when all other shows were on hiatus. I've got the new Magnum set to record the entire series, let's see how quickly unwatched episodes pile up.
My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#4 Post by Pahonu »

Like Paddy, I stopped watching after 30 minutes but went back and finished it. Then i set the DVR to record next week, so I guess I'm giving it another chance.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#5 Post by Pahonu »

Reef monkey wrote: This is how I know I've lost interest in the new 5-0, several episodes from last season were just sitting in my DVR unwatched, finally got around to watching them this summer when all other shows were on hiatus. I've got the new Magnum set to record the entire series, let's see how quickly unwatched episodes pile up.

That's exactly what happens with me. :lol:

jeffran
Captain

#6 Post by jeffran »

I'm taking it one episode at a time. If I had to predict, and if the show continues as is, I'll watch one or two more episodes.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by T.Q. »

Thanks for the replies.

Sometimes the most simple questions/answers are the most interesting to me.

:luther:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by eagle »

I think it was 2-in-1 for me, but I may watch another episode or 2. I just wasn't into the story as presented, and was disappointed in the show as an example of the genre. Maybe it will be less sensational after the pilot.

9NExtUpT
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#9 Post by 9NExtUpT »

OK action, but no depth to the villains -- certainly nothing as poignant as with La Bulle. The plot was in many ways just a remake of "Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii". It felt like the cast was putting in legitimate effort, and if not for the original series this might be interesting to see where things go. Ultimately, though, I find it difficult seeing this as anything but a replacement attempt.