For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Core 4
Vice Admiral

Re: Jay Hernandez

#16 Post by Core 4 »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Core 4 wrote:
More photos with Jay from yesterday. Looks like Magnum will wear shorts like in the original.
No. Those are definitely not like in the original. :wink:
I know that the shorts were shorter. I only say that in work as private detective he also has shorts like in the original.

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#17 Post by Core 4 »

Jay Hernandez chat with Director Justin Lin on the set Magnum P.I. pilot:

https://www.facebook.com/75201237160252 ... 616677359/

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Steve »

I hope Mr. Hernandez has acting chops and I have no reason to doubt he doesn't, but he just doesn't have the aura of a Tom Selleck. Still, I am giving him a chance and hoping he does well.........

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#19 Post by Pahonu »

marlboro wrote:So no mustache?
It appears to be a closely cropped mustache and goatee look.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Danno »

No Tigers cap?

I think he looks more like a young, retired entrepreneur who has made his fortune and settled in Hawaii to chill.
I don't get any character of Thomas Magnum vibes. :(

I'll give Hernandez the benefit of the doubt until I see the first episode though...
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Danno wrote:
I think he looks more like a young, retired entrepreneur who has made his fortune and settled in Hawaii to chill.
I don't get any character of Thomas Magnum vibes. :(
Agree 100%. I've never seen Hernandez in a movie but I've now watched multiple youtube videos of his work and read what you all have to say... but him as Magnum? I just don't see it.... at all.

(gif compliments of marlboro :D )

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#22 Post by Core 4 »

I've seen several movies and several episodes with Jay recently. And he is a great actor. It will definitely be another Magnum than Selleck. Like the other is McGarrett by O'Loughlin and the other was McGarrett by Jack Lord. The actor can not be mapped because every actor is different. But if they keep Magnum's behavior, charm, character traits, etc., it should be good.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Steve »

Core 4 wrote:I've seen several movies and several episodes with Jay recently. And he is a great actor. It will definitely be another Magnum than Selleck. Like the other is McGarrett by O'Loughlin and the other was McGarrett by Jack Lord. The actor can not be mapped because every actor is different. But if they keep Magnum's behavior, charm, character traits, etc., it should be good.
Jay was great in the movie Friday Night Lights but that is all I have seen him in. Core 4 is right, Alex O'Loughlin took over the Steve McGarrett role and made it his own and I like him as a lead but to be honest, I never even think of him as Steve McGarrett, just as Steve. Time will tell what Mr. Hernandez will do. I think a lot will depend on the back and forth chemistry of he and Perdita.....

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by Core 4 »

Jay, Zachary, Stephen, and Domenick. I'm not sure if this is from the set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhBGTnrn8MO

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:Jay, Zachary, Stephen, and Domenick. I'm not sure if this is from the set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhBGTnrn8MO
They went to dinner at Roy's Beach House at Turtle Bay Resort Friday night. They've been filming up at Turtle Bay.

They are waiting to be seated because they had to wait for a booster seat for Hernandez.
Last edited by Rembrandt's Girl on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by 308GUY »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
They are waiting to be seated because they had to wait for a booster seat for Hernandez.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :!:

This may be a pilot only project! Course.........their target market audience wasn't even born when the MPI we know and love was made. So again.......it's a "wait and see" situation.

Good one RG!
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

308GUY wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

This may be a pilot only project! Course.........their target market audience wasn't even born when the MPI we know and love was made. So again.......it's a "wait and see" situation.

Good one RG!
Oh, I've got more, 308GUY. Of course you remember how they had to modify the 308 for Selleck? Here's what they had to do to it Thursday before Hernandez drove it...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
308GUY wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

Good one RG!
Oh, I've got more, 308GUY. Of course you remember how they had to modify the 308 for Selleck? Here's what they had to do to it Thursday before Hernandez drove it...

So correct me if I'm wrong..... what your implying here is Jay would be better suited playing Louis in a reboot of Taxi. :lol:
Too funny RG!
With Selleck they basically had to rip the stuffing out of the seat so he could sort of fit in the 308 and with Jay they are having to add a booster seat so he can see over the dashboard! I don't think he will be able to come close to filling Selleck's shoes either. I bet he is feeling the pressure!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:I don't think he will be able to come close to filling Selleck's shoes either.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:I don't think he will be able to come close to filling Selleck's shoes either.
Too funny RG!!!! :lol: