MM Poll - Would You Watch an Episode of the MPI Reboot?

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Would you watch an episode of the MPI reboot?

YES- I'm willing to give it a try as it's MPI related.
43%
YES- I'm willing to give it a try, but expect it to flop.
25%
YES- Can't wait, should be a huge hit!
8%
YES- Only if I was paid!
2%
NO - I am not interested in watching at this time.
9%
NO- Even if I was offered payment!
No votes
NEVER - OMG!!!
9%
MAYBE- Undecided at the moment.
4%

Total votes: 53

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

MM Poll - Would You Watch an Episode of the MPI Reboot?

#1 Post by KENJI »

Just thought it would be interesting to take a poll on our gang and see where we stand on watching the reboot. Sam's poll via the Star Advertiser wants you to subscribe so this is a more Magnum like :magnum: way of doing things (it's FREE). :wink:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: MM Poll - Would You Watch an Episode of the MPI Reboot?

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

Grrr . . . tough call.

I hate to lend credence to the series by checking the "yes" because I don't want anyone thinking I'm doing this because "finally, Magnum is back!".

I feel I have no choice. Just like voting, I can't complain if I don't vote, I can't bitch and moan about the reboot without watching it. At least then I can articulately and intelligently tear it to pieces based on its (lack of) merit. :magnum:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#3 Post by marlboro »

I probably won't watch. l haven't watched a network tv show in over a decade. As I've said before, I don't have high hopes for the reboot, but maybe if the long time fans here rave about it I might give it a shot.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:Grrr . . . tough call.

I hate to lend credence to the series by checking the "yes" because I don't want anyone thinking I'm doing this because "finally, Magnum is back!".

I feel I have no choice. Just like voting, I can't complain if I don't vote, I can't bitch and moan about the reboot without watching it. At least then I can articulately and intelligently tear it to pieces based on its (lack of) merit. :magnum:
Come on Peter, go ahead, click that mouse, you can do it...We are family here on the site and will be there for you ...I, and I am sure others pledge to listen to your complaints (or perhaps even compliments) and comfort you if need be. Besides, there is always alcohol to help you through this.... 8)

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Grrr . . . tough call.

Come on Peter, go ahead, click that mouse, you can do it...We are family here on the site and will be there for you ...I, and I am sure others pledge to listen to your complaints (or perhaps even compliments) and comfort you if need be. Besides, there is always alcohol to help you through this.... 8)
Steve is right...don't worry Conch we will be at MM dinner table picking it apart (in your case -tearing it apart :evil: ) with you, but I'm sure we will even find a few things we will all like. It might be miniscule for you, but we will find it. :) Heck, you already like the Coolies shirts link, that's a start......the 308 will be there.....even Larry......it's in Hawaii. :wink: I know it's not even close to the original Magnum, but it's Magnum like or Magnum ish.....Does that help? How about it? Join us on this journey and bring as much booze as you like to numb the pain! One of the gang :magnum: :higgins: :luther: will drive you home when it's over.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

I look at it like this...I go way back before this wonderful site, even before the Yahoo group to when A&E aired Magnum twice a day and had a message board. I still have the wonderful guide Mike Barnes physically put together with a synopsis, trivia, flubs and etc. of every episode ala the Magnum-Mania site. We were screaming for a movie for years, had hopes and rumors to keep our hopes alive but alas, that time has passed.
Hillerman is gone, Tom, Larry and Roger are just too old to capture the magic of their 80's performances but, can still guest star. Apparently Larry is already on board, I see Tom Selleck guest starring as , stay with me, Thomas Sullivan Magnum II. He is a wonderlust, lost TSM III in the Viet Nam war and resigned from the Navy. I would love to see him as a lighthearted, Mad Buck Gibson type that appears a couple of episodes a year, drives Juliet Higgins crazy and puzzles TSM IV with his popping in and out at a moments notice. Perhaps i have my hopes too high but it all I have anymore......

ConchRepublican

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

CoziTV Superfan spot

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote:Image
That's some deep thinking going on in there Spanky!
Even Buckwheat said o'tay to giving the reboot a try!! :)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:
We do need to inform you the He-Man Woman Haters Club now allows women. In fact our club President is Rembrants Girl....

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by eagle »

I don't expect much, but yeah, I'll give it a try.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:
We do need to inform you the He-Man Woman Haters Club now allows women. In fact our club President is Rembrants Girl....

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by KENJI »

Cue the music......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4 :wink:

ConchRepublican

#13 Post by ConchRepublican »

So, if there were to be a Flemingo Key pilot viewing party .....
CoziTV Superfan spot

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

ConchRepublican wrote:So, if there were to be a Flemingo Key pilot viewing party .....
.... then I would happily swing by in my beat up 2007 Honda CRV, carrying a load of homemade guac, 7x distilled vodka, American Spirit cigarettes, a harmonica, and my camping hammock and sleeping bag! What time is breakfast in the morning? :)

But seriously, a Flemingo Key pilot viewing party would be some kind of awesome! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:So, if there were to be a Flemingo Key pilot viewing party .....
Are you kidding...Count me in and show me some of those wonderful concoctions you make in that blender.....