CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Core 4
Vice Admiral

Re: CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

#166 Post by Core 4 »

Finally. They announced T.C. Now we have to wait to on the announcement that Sung Kang will play Lt. Tanaka (because I think that this character he will play) and Kimee Balmilero will play Dr. Noelani Cunha. You may complain that Higgins is a woman or Jay is a Mexican-American, but admit that the descriptions of the characters are identical to those in the original. Even in Hawaii Five-0 it was not there, there were some changes.
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Did he post this on Instagram? If so, I don't see it there now.
No. On Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenhillactor

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#167 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote: PS. Now actor posted photo at Hawaii Film Studio, another sign that he will play T.C.

Hi Core 4,

Did he post this on Instagram? If so, I don't see it there now.
Core 4 wrote:No. On Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenhillactor
Gotcha, thanks. I though maybe he had removed that pic from Instagram for some reason.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#168 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I just noticed the logo on the chair Lenkov posted on Instagram... I suppose this is the new logo? I think their Diamond Head is a little flat :lol: ...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#169 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I just noticed the logo on the chair Lenkov posted on Instagram... I suppose this is the new logo? I think their Diamond Head is a little flat :lol: ...

I agree RG!
Way too flat in the middle.
Strange they would do that when there is room in the logo for a few more "bumps".
I guess they have their reasons.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#170 Post by J.J. Walters »

I've updated the main page with the new casting info and the new Robin's Nest location. I hope I didn't screw anything up. Info is coming fast and furious (no pun intended). It's hard to keep up! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#171 Post by Core 4 »

J.J. Walters wrote:I've updated the main page with the new casting info and the new Robin's Nest location. I hope I didn't screw anything up. Info is coming fast and furious (no pun intended). It's hard to keep up! :)
"Justin Lin is directing and the script was written by Peter Lenkov, Eric Guggenheim and Justin Lin."

Script was written by Peter Lenkov and Eric Guggenheim. I have not noticed more errors.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#172 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:I've updated the main page with the new casting info and the new Robin's Nest location. I hope I didn't screw anything up. Info is coming fast and furious (no pun intended). It's hard to keep up! :)
"Justin Lin is directing and the script was written by Peter Lenkov, Eric Guggenheim and Justin Lin."

Script was written by Peter Lenkov and Eric Guggenheim. I have not noticed more errors.
Core 4,

The call sheet you posted on page 10 of this thread says that Justin Lin is a writer on this script so JJ's info is correct.

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#173 Post by Core 4 »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Core 4 wrote:

Core 4,

The call sheet you posted on page 10 of this thread says that Justin Lin is a writer on this script so JJ's info is correct.

No. Look at this photo:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#174 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

Core 4,

Core 4 wrote:No. Look at this photo:
I'm guessing JJ got the info from the call sheet you posted, which he also used on the main page.

RustyPerroP.I.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#175 Post by RustyPerroP.I. »

With what little can be seen since most of it has been redacted. The episode name and the Nuzo character in the list sounds like a re-hash of " Did you see the sunrise". Hope they don't foul it up.
"It's good for my cold"

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#176 Post by marlboro »

One of the reasons that "Did You See the Sunrise?" was so effective and memorable is that we had already watched TM for two seasons. You know he isn't the kind of guy who would shoot someone in cold blood. Until he does just that. If the pilot episode rehashes Sunrise it creates an entirely new view of the character. You will expect him to exact some justice on bad guys who really deserve it instead of just defending himself or turning them over to the cops.

No idea if they are really planning on redoing that episode, of course.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#177 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yep. My Bad! I've corrected it.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#178 Post by ☨magnum.t »

The more they try to make this like the original, the more disturbed I am because I hate cheap knockoffs. If they would have just used the character names and location but made an entirely new show I would be a much happier camper. I feel like Lenkov really thinks he is going to make a better more improved Magnum not a reboot that honors the Original.
That reminds me of the time....

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#179 Post by Core 4 »

If something is changed some people complain, if they do not change they also complain. You can not please everyone.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#180 Post by ConchRepublican »

☨magnum.t wrote:The more they try to make this like the original, the more disturbed I am because I hate cheap knockoffs. If they would have just used the character names and location but made an entirely new show I would be a much happier camper. I feel like Lenkov really thinks he is going to make a better more improved Magnum not a reboot that honors the Original.

☨magnum.t, you and I should get together for a few cocktals and a bitching session, I'm thinking we'd get each other good and riled up! LOL!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04