The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Welcome Wagon

#211 Post by Stelth »

Welcome! I was born in Kenilworth NJ and lived there until I was 14.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#212 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Magnumette,
I will check out the Rubber Chicken. Hmm, there's a line I'd never thought I'd write.
DogZy, thank you for your welcome.
Stelth, I used to drink in some of the joints in Kenilworth in the 80's, but now your hometown has posh restaurants such as Benitos, which attracts all sorts of NYC wheels and actors and Jersey politicans and even ex presidents. Thank you for your welcome.
Mike

MHTR
Vice Admiral

#213 Post by MHTR »

Hi there! Newbie here (well, sorta of, registered a couple of weeks ago).

I was young when MPI first aired, being 10-18. I watched some episodes here and there (early ones), and while I liked them, I did not start watching "religiously." I think the finer points of the show when over my head, as I was quite a young lad at the time (sorry if I sound too much like Higgins :) ). At some point in the early 90s, I caught a re-run and was very intrigued over it. Part of it was probably due to the fact that at that time, I was signing up for the Marine Corps. I started watching the show as much as I could, until it was time to leave for boot camp. After I returned from boot camp and the other training (I signed up as a reservist), I moved out of my parents home and no longer got the channel the show was on, so I had forgotten about it as time passed. It was around the year 2007 that I somehow saw that the show was released on DVDs and for sale on Amazon.com. Once again being intrigued, I ordered the first season and watch the episodes in order. I knew from the first episode (and what I had remembered from watching the few shows in the early 80s and the re-runs in the early 90s) that MPI was a great show. As I neared the end of the first season, I ordered season two, and continued on till the last show of season 8, which I did watch when it first aired in '88. Since now I was "up to speed" with the "Michele arc" and all that went with it, it was even better the second time around. Anyway, that's my MPI story.

And what a cool theme song. My avatar is the sleeve from the 45 released in 1982. I kept it all this time. Oh, and I was surprised that it wasn't actually the original theme, which is cool, but nowhere near as great as the Mike Post theme. Did he also do the original theme? It's been a while since I viewed those first few episodes from season one.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#214 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome Marine :magnum:

Don't neglect to check out the all encompassing main pages by clicking on the Magnum Mania logo at the top of every page. You'll find answers to just about any question you may come up with there.

What isn't there, is probably addressed here in the forum by one member or another.

The original theme was composed by Ian Freebairn Smith....info that was obtained from the aforementioned pages. :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Cdn Ranger
Ensign

#215 Post by Cdn Ranger »

Hello all - I have been browsing this site for a while now, decided to finally Register and perhaps contribute a bit -

Watched Magnum PI in the eighties when it was a new show, then started watching re-runs enjoying the episodes more when I got older and started working full-time.

I need to buy the full series set of DVDs soon, as I'm sure I've missed a few episodes (maybe)

I love older buildings, estates and properties with history attached - built myself a cottage with some waterfront, no ocean and no "Lads" though.

Great job on the website and content!!

Cheers!
Rick.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#216 Post by KENJI »

Welcome aboard Rick!
Look forward to your posts.
Are you close to the Lake of the Woods or Muskoka....?

Cdn Ranger
Ensign

#217 Post by Cdn Ranger »

Thanks Kenji!

My cottage is in the Haliburton area, just Southeast 1 1/2 hours' drive from the Muskokas -

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#218 Post by KENJI »

Hi Rick,
I just found the area on a map and it looks like a very nice spot!
Enjoy M.M.!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#219 Post by Doc Ibold »

Cdn Ranger wrote:Hello all - I have been browsing this site for a while now, decided to finally Register and perhaps contribute a bit -

Watched Magnum PI in the eighties when it was a new show, then started watching re-runs enjoying the episodes more when I got older and started working full-time.

I need to buy the full series set of DVDs soon, as I'm sure I've missed a few episodes (maybe)

I love older buildings, estates and properties with history attached - built myself a cottage with some waterfront, no ocean and no "Lads" though.

Great job on the website and content!!

Cheers!
Rick.
Welcome, Rick!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#220 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome Rick.

Check out ebay for the complete series set.

Amazon sells it too, but there is one outfit on ebay that sells much cheaper than anybody else.

Here's a link, hope it works...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnum-P-I-The- ... 20e8f1f674...ok, looks like it was just a one shot deal.

Anyway, be sure to check out all of MM, it's an awesome site.

:magnum:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#221 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Cdn Ranger wrote:Thanks Kenji!

My cottage is in the Haliburton area, just Southeast 1 1/2 hours' drive from the Muskokas -
Always nice to have a fellow Canuck 'round here. Welcome!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#222 Post by ConchRepublican »

Cdn Ranger wrote:Thanks Kenji!

A little late to the party (I'll blame time zones) but welcome Rick!

Or is it really Orville? :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Tony308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#223 Post by Tony308 »

Hello to everybody!

I'm following Magnum-Mania from some years ago, but now I've decided to register here.
Of course I'm a Magnum PI fan, and I've bought a little list of things that Magnum uses or shows in the movie -not original items, of course!!!-.
DVD, caps, cars, badges, sunglasses, etc...

And on the 80's I was seeing all the original episodes of the TV show... I was dreaming on the 308QV...

Well. That's all folks. I will show you my last Magnum prop...

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#224 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome Tony! :magnum:

Looking forward to seeing your collection.

Where are you from?

Always glad to see other new members. The following just doesn't seem to be slowing down any! :lol:

Tony308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#225 Post by Tony308 »

308GUY wrote:Welcome Tony! :magnum:

Looking forward to seeing your collection.

Where are you from?

Always glad to see other new members. The following just doesn't seem to be slowing down any! :lol:
Thank you 308Guy! I'm from Barcelona, Spain.
I see that you're the 308Guy. Maybe you have a 308!!! Nice!
Yes, I will post some of my props!

Best