Great Site

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

kudubuck
Lieutenant

Great Site

#1 Post by kudubuck »

I think that this is the best Magnum site to come along in years. I have going through it for days.

Has anyone given any thought to what Magnum would be like in the present? Would he have a cell phone? Would he have one and lose it all of the time? Or would he be constantly borrowing others and running the minutes up?

What about the most tears shed during an episode, and don't tell me none. For me it was "Home From The Sea". Coming from a military family and being in the service myself, the funeral at the end brings a lump to my throat.

Again, a great site, especially the Magnum Gear, wish it was here years ago.
I'm gonna make it, Dad.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#2 Post by golfmobile »

kudubuck,

Welcome! You've found the right place, you're right about that.

There are several threads here talking about "what Thomas Magnum would be doing now." However, among all of us "old guard," I don't recall that any of us came up with the thought about Thomas' using Rick's and TC's cell phones and using up all their minutes. What a great idea! Of course, now everyone probably has "unlimited" phone packages, but it would have been interesting to see that develop over a season, where initially TM was using up their minutes, then they go ahead and get "unlimited" usage packages, and then TM breaks down and gets his own cell phone so he can get his calls from his clientele.

As for "most tears," it will be interesting to see how everyone responds to that one. I think most will say it's the episode where TM and Lily have to part at the end when Lily and Michelle walk away. However, to decide personally, I'll have to go back and watch all the episodes all over again. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hey, thanks kudubuck! Welcome to the site! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

Aloha!

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by sophia »

welcome aboard kudubuck
:)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome to the site. You will love it here.

I think Magnum would have a cell phone. I also think there would be an exchange with Higgins that went someting like this, "Magnum, I took the liberty of answering your cell phone. The provider says if you do not pay your charges immeditaly your service will be disconnected."

As far as tears for an episode I love the Home From The Sea episode, but Resolutions gets a vote as well. Just knowing that is the last Magnum makes you kind of sad!
Last edited by IKnowWhatYoureThinking on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Welcome to the site. You will love it here.

I think Magnum would have a cel phone. I also think there would be an exchange with Higgins that went someting like this, "Magnum, I took the liberty of answering your cell phone. The provider says if you do not pay your charges immeditaly your service will be disconnected."

As far as tears for an episode I love the Home From The Sea episode, but Resolutions gets a vote as well. Just knowing that is the last Magnum makes you kind of sad!
"Laura" does it for me....

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#8 Post by IslandHopper »

Aloha Kudubuck.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)