Changing/Adding Profile Info

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

Changing/Adding Profile Info

#1 Post by Little Garwood »

Whenever I go to change or add info to my profile, I must enter my password and then change it in order to, say, add an avatar or adjust my forum time. Is this necessary? Can it be changed without having to change one's password, as it is currently? Just a humble suggestion. Thanks for listening.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

You don't have to change your password. You can "simply" put in your existing password three times if you want. :?

Why the forum software requires you to enter in your password at all (let alone three times) when making profile changes is beyond me. Unfortunately, I can't change it. There may be an add-on "mod" somewhere that might allow me to change this. I'll look into it again (I couldn't find anything compatible in a previous search several months ago).

Thanks
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Little Garwood »

James J. Walters wrote:You don't have to change your password. You can "simply" put in your existing password three times if you want. :?

Why the forum software requires you to enter in your password at all (let alone three times) when making profile changes is beyond me. Unfortunately, I can't change it. There may be an add-on "mod" somewhere that might allow me to change this. I'll look into it again (I couldn't find anything compatible in a previous search several months ago).

Thanks
I didn't think of that...Thanks...didn't mean to nag. :)

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MPS »

Little Garwood, at least you had the good sense to ask! It took me a week to figure it out. It was like, why can't I add an avatar, over and over. :) :oops:
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Not a problem guys. That's what this forum is for. Hopefully I'll be able to change it soon.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by sophia »

I lost count on how many times I tryed to add an avatar.
Finally I had to ask my son for help.
It's helpful to have a kid who has a computer science degree. :lol:

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

James J. Walters wrote:Not a problem guys. That's what this forum is for. Hopefully I'll be able to change it soon.
Hey James,

Is there a way that we could have like a "preferred" avatar section in our profile page, so we could just switch out different avatars of our preference w/o going through the whole shebang.

(Just asking b/c I kinda miss my T.C. avatar, even though my current one is pretty sweet).

BTW, if this is some sort of huge undertaking for you, don't worry about even attempting it!