The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: The Welcome Wagon

#166 Post by Doc Ibold »

Welcome aboard!

MagStache
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#167 Post by MagStache »

Hi.. just posted on the age poll. I'd been visiting a bit here on and off since I discovered they were showing it again on the new cozi channel. I must have been researching cozi and indirectly found myself here. It's a great resource, and one I wish I had around in the 90's. I recorded magnum off the air back in the mid 90's on vhs tapes if you can believe that (all in ep ! :P ) thinking I'd be able to watch it again anytime I wanted. If they had only invented the dvd a few years before that.. :P
There can be no cash without the 'stache...

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#168 Post by Doc Ibold »

MagStache wrote:Hi.. just posted on the age poll. I'd been visiting a bit here on and off since I discovered they were showing it again on the new cozi channel. I must have been researching cozi and indirectly found myself here. It's a great resource, and one I wish I had around in the 90's. I recorded magnum off the air back in the mid 90's on vhs tapes if you can believe that (all in ep ! :P ) thinking I'd be able to watch it again anytime I wanted. If they had only invented the dvd a few years before that.. :P
Welcome aboard!!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#169 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome MagStache!
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#170 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome Aboard MagStache!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#171 Post by KENJI »

Aloha MagStache!
Enjoy the site!!

MagStache
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#172 Post by MagStache »

Thanks everyone! :beer: :magnum:
There can be no cash without the 'stache...

DogZy
Lieutenant

#173 Post by DogZy »

Aloha to everyone!

Greetings from Zagreb, capital city of Croatia. Big fan of the Magnum P.I. since I was 12, when it was airing on national television in 2006. I'm a mechanical engineering student, love cars and Hawaii :)
My love for Hawaiian islands, people and culture grew even more when I played a PlayStation 2 video game named Test Drive Unlimited, a racing game where you can drive more than 40 dream cars on meticolously recreated Oahu roads, tracks that cover over 1000 miles. Moreover, my mother visited island of Oahu in late 80s so yeah, my plan is to visit it and stay there if I could find a job.

Something about Magnum: I recently found on youtube a channel where somebody is uploading whole episodes of the series. Search for Michael Knight (name of the channel) and keep it down low so YT doesnt ban him for copyright infrigiment.

A hui hou kakou! 8)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#174 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard DogZy!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#175 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome DogZy!

Sounds like a cool game. Was there a 308 available? :)

When you get to HI, be sure to let us know, then we'll have somebody we can come visit! :D

You can get the entire series on DVD (Amazon for one) for under $100US. Just in case you didn't know already.

Lots of good folks here, enjoy your time in the Magnaverse. :magnum:

DogZy
Lieutenant

#176 Post by DogZy »

Mahalo! :D

Ok, enough of my hawaiian...

@308GUY
Yeah, you can drive around with 308 GTS quattrovalvole with windows down on a long and winding road to Waianae mountain range. :)
I provide you folks with some links, so you know a word or two about the game:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Drive_Unlimited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulvIbmcU ... ata_player
This is a PC version, 308 is not included in PlayStation 2 version of the game.

Thanks for letting me know about DVDs. When I was abroad, I saw Magnum P.I. DVD collection, but I did not buy it as it was all on/in german. Ever since I was lurking in many shops here in Zagreb, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. Any similiarity with U2 song is purely unintentional :)

Im saving some money, waiting for something special, just like this. I'll buy it one day, for sure.

Looong way to 808, wish me luck and sound mind next five years to have even the slightest opportunity to reserve a flight for Aloha state. :)

See you in the forums!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#177 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Hi everyone,

Longtime lurker, so I finally decided to join the party. I'm here for the same reasons as all of you...I'm a huge Magnum PI fan. It's been my favorite show since it first aired when I was a teen. Thursday nights could not come soon enough. I enjoy it even more now and watch it every day on COZI & Encore. I also have all the dvds but I like watching it on TV more because I know all the rest of you fans are watching the same episodes on the same days. Crazy, I know. My family is well past eye-rolling.

I also love Hawaii and go as often as possible. Unfortunately this depends on how quickly we can rack up the airline miles, so it's only about once every 1 to 2 years. As many of you have said, I'm playing the lottery a bit more these days in hopes to buy Pahonu. I'm going to Oahu again this July to transport back in time while paddling in the tidal pool.

James, thank you for all the work you've put into this site, and thanks to everyone for your contributions. I've learned so much. Glad to finally be officially on board.

Well, off to crack a Coops!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#178 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome Rembrandt's Girl!

Always glad to see new folks signing up. Been quite a few recently. Maybe there's something just beyond the horizon about to dawn concerning MPI? :magnum: The "natural order" of things has a way of preparing the "stage" for upcoming events, even before we know there's anything about to happen. Just an observation.... :)

Hope you've had a chance to check out rubber chickens' "guide".... an indispensable tool for looking around the islands and pinpointing filming locations from the show, and from what I can tell, a great way to help plan out a personal visit for those who manage it.

Many knowledgeable people here, just about any subject you can name can be addressed by somebody here on the board.

If/when you get to the island again, don't forget to take pics to share with those of us who will probably never get there! :lol:

Welcome aboard, don't be a stranger. :magnum:

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#179 Post by Doc Ibold »

Welcome aboard!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#180 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Hi everyone,

Longtime lurker, so I finally decided to join the party. I'm here for the same reasons as all of you...I'm a huge Magnum PI fan. It's been my favorite show since it first aired when I was a teen. Thursday nights could not come soon enough. I enjoy it even more now and watch it every day on COZI & Encore. I also have all the dvds but I like watching it on TV more because I know all the rest of you fans are watching the same episodes on the same days. Crazy, I know. My family is well past eye-rolling.

I also love Hawaii and go as often as possible. Unfortunately this depends on how quickly we can rack up the airline miles, so it's only about once every 1 to 2 years. As many of you have said, I'm playing the lottery a bit more these days in hopes to buy Pahonu. I'm going to Oahu again this July to transport back in time while paddling in the tidal pool.

James, thank you for all the work you've put into this site, and thanks to everyone for your contributions. I've learned so much. Glad to finally be officially on board.

Well, off to crack a Coops!
Welcome to the forum. Love the handle.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.