The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#91 Post by Braddah Kimo »

"I must figure out how to convert them over!" for that, costco always seems to have a good converter in stock; pop the VHS tape in, pop in a blank DVD, press record to dvd. it instantly plays VHS tape and voila! a DVD of everything that was on da tape.

Icepick
Admiral

#92 Post by Icepick »

Braddah Kimo wrote:"I must figure out how to convert them over!" for that, costco always seems to have a good converter in stock; pop the VHS tape in, pop in a blank DVD, press record to dvd. it instantly plays VHS tape and voila! a DVD of everything that was on da tape.
Thanks! I didn't know you could buy those and thought you had to take it to a special store. I'll check out Costco or Best Buy at the weekend.

I have about 120 original episodes and most have commercials in them to give that nostalgic feeling.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#93 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Here is the unit I picked up from costco a while ago. http://www.redferret.net/?p=9075
cost was 200. but since then, I noticed other brands and cheaper which do perform the same function. So, good to shop around. But ya can't go wrong with Sony.

ironfist
Commander

#94 Post by ironfist »

Hello all!
Karl from CT here. To be honest I watched the show on and off when it first aired. Well I'm 41 now and decided after years to go clean shaven. Well I chickened out and saved the moustache. Well everyone and there brother including the wife started calling me Magnum!!!!! So I started watching the show on netflixs. I'm totally hooked!!!!!! I even have already started my magnum collection. It's funny for a show known for it's hawaiian shirts, Tom only wears 5 different ones in the first season.

P.S. Tigers hat, close shades, and red parrot shirt on it's way to me. Also wallet and ID's. Want a team ring but I want one in brass like the first season.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#95 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ironfist wrote:Hello all!
Karl from CT here. To be honest I watched the show on and off when it first aired. Well I'm 41 now and decided after years to go clean shaven. Well I chickened out and saved the moustache. Well everyone and there brother including the wife started calling me Magnum!!!!! So I started watching the show on netflixs. I'm totally hooked!!!!!! I even have already started my magnum collection. It's funny for a show known for it's hawaiian shirts, Tom only wears 5 different ones in the first season.

P.S. Tigers hat, close shades, and red parrot shirt on it's way to me. Also wallet and ID's. Want a team ring but I want one in brass like the first season.
Welcome Karl!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ironfist
Commander

#96 Post by ironfist »

Thanks!!!!

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

Howdy

#97 Post by Reef monkey »

Hey everyone, Mark here. I'm 36, so Magnum was in the air through most of my young childhood. I remember as a first grader being asked what my favorite day of the week was, and I said Thursday, because that's what day Magnum was on. I played Magnum as a kid, aided by a toy Colt M1911A1, and a Ferrari peddle car (though it was a Formula 1 style, not a sportscar style, I didn't care, since it was red). Always wanted to be like Magnum when I grew up, and though I got the brown hair and hairy chest, unfortunately I only reached 5'9", and found I don't like having a mustache. And of course I didn't become a pi -sorry, private investigator.

My favorite hobby since 2000 has been paddling my sit-on-top kayak (very similar to Magnum's surfski, though slower) out in Galveston Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Though I did not CONSCIOUSLY pick this hobby because of being a Magnum fan, I have certainly been struck while paddling by the similarities. Who knows how much subliminal role it played?

This week I am laid up with a torn calf muscle, and I discovered that Netflix streaming now has the complete series. Very much enjoying it.

ironfist
Commander

#98 Post by ironfist »

Welcome! Isnt it great im already halfway into the 2nd season!!!! LOL

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#99 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard Mark!

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#100 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Hi Mark - good to have you on board! Enjoy the site!

Aloha70
Lieutenant

#101 Post by Aloha70 »

Hello everybody

My name is Marc from the netherlands and a Magnum fan for a long time,
I just found this forum and hope to post some magnum info/fun.pic in the future and read al yr magnum postings/info.
Alhoha!
Marc
Hi Guys!!

Tobi
Captain

#102 Post by Tobi »

Hi all

recently "re-discovered" MPI but have been a fan forever.

This forum is phenomenal, the wealth of info overwhelming!

Looking forward to getting loads of background info from this site.

T

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#103 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard!

Tobi
Captain

#104 Post by Tobi »

thx, your login name was my first try ;)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#105 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Sorry about that! We have some great names around here.