Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#451 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter…last time we were on Oahu we were trying to get to China Wall/Spitting Cave in Portlock but couldn’t find the access path down to it. We pulled over in front of a house to check our guide book again, and after I was done reading I glanced up at the house we were parked in front of………hmmm, do you think he has much of an ego? :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#452 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#453 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I'm on Oahu for vacation and just happened to be on the beach where they were filming a scene for the upcoming season of H50. As luck would have it, Alex wasn't in the scene....

...but here was who I saw instead. Oh well! :D

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#454 Post by 308GUY »

Hmmmmmmm.........close....but no cigar.... :magnum:

Hope you're having a great time!

Don't forget to take lots of pics.....for us houseboundhounds.

:higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#455 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I'm on Oahu for vacation and just happened to be on the beach where they were filming a scene for the upcoming season of H50. As luck would have it, Alex wasn't in the scene....

...but here was who I saw instead. Oh well! :D

Still very cool ..... Have fun! Looking forward to your pix!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#456 Post by Steve »

Did you try his shrimp :)

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#457 Post by KENJI »

I just got back from Oahu and saw them filming a scene at 7am with Kono in it. She was carrying a surfboard to a surf shack located in Waikiki. It was fun to watch the staged models walking past her while she was talking. Everyone one of these extras was a model, but when you look around at the real crowd in Waikiki there were far and few of them....Hollywood likes to embellish a bit to sell the show.
The security didn't want any of us taking pics and tried to stand in the way when they were filming a scene. I did get a few pics though....one has Grace/Kono with her lines tucked in the back of her bikini bottoms which was funny to see.
The night before they filmed this scene I was walking down the beach and saw the shrimp truck parked down near the Hilton and I even joked that it was HFO truck.....sure enough it was.....they were filming down there later in the day. The next day the shack and truck were not there! There were over ten large 3 to 5 tonne trucks used to carrying all of the camera gear etc.
It gets better....an hour before leaving for home I was having a drink around the pool watching the sun start to set and who do I see in the pool.....Taylor/Kamekona! I quietly went up to him and asked if it would be alright to take his pic and he smiled and said sure. A nice way to wrap up the trip!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#458 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter…last time we were on Oahu we were trying to get to China Wall/Spitting Cave in Portlock but couldn’t find the access path down to it. We pulled over in front of a house to check our guide book again, and after I was done reading I glanced up at the house we were parked in front of………hmmm, do you think he has much of an ego? :lol:
Hi RG,

Saw the gate the other day......it was open, but no Dog...loads of vehicles in the driveway though.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#459 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:Did you try his shrimp :)
Hi Steve!

Unfortunately Jorge Garcia was also in the scene so that would be a "no". :wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#460 Post by KENJI »

The next time anyone is in Oahu stop in at Hilo Hatties and you will see Big T's shrimp truck. Taylor/Kamekona was smart and opened a real shrimp truck there that even sells shave ice and t-shirts. It was neat to see in person and I hope it's a big success for him. I hope he stays away from the helicopter business though!!
http://tastyislandhawaii.com/2014/03/02 ... imp-truck/

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#461 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Kenji wrote:
the Marks Estate... I went there when it first opened many years ago and the maze wasn't nearly as bushy so it was easy to figure out. I would like to try it now since it has filled in!! It must've rained heavy that day as it sure looked muddy.

Hi Kenji,
I am new to the Board and just getting to know the posters here but from what you wrote I assume you live in Hawaii? I have never been there, perhaps you could clarify something? It seems to me the real Hawaiians, or rather the truely native population are rather often portrayed(Magnum, both Hawaii Five-O's but especially Dog the Bounty Hunter) as surly, having a chip on their shoulder or being rude to other people because they aren't Polynesian or are mainlanders or Haolies(spelling correct?). Whats up with that, is that a slur or is there a streak of racism there?
The depiction of the Hawaiians doesn't pass the logic test with me because most people are decent and the haters are usually a small percentage of any populace.
From what I read the American planters basically stole the Hawiians' country, but it's a century later, Hawaii is a state, a native of which is currently President of the US, so why would one be racist and resentful every time he came across a "haolie"?
Sorry if this is all a little heavy to lay on you but if Hawaiians are so mean spirited why would so many tourists flock there? I prefer to think they are just like everybody else, however nice that is.
:) Mike

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#462 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hi Mike,

Maybe your question would be better posed to Braddah Kimo. I'm sure he could give you a very detailed description of why that may be the case.

(If you're REALLY lucky, maybe he'll even throw in a haole (or six) for good measure.)

Sorry..couldn't resist. A little inside joke that may be a little before your time that some of the long timers may find amusing... which let me assure you is NOT at your expense.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#463 Post by KENJI »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:Kenji wrote:
the Marks Estate... I went there when it first opened many years ago and the maze wasn't nearly as bushy so it was easy to figure out. I would like to try it now since it has filled in!! It must've rained heavy that day as it sure looked muddy.

Hi Kenji,
I am new to the Board and just getting to know the posters here but from what you wrote I assume you live in Hawaii? I have never been there, perhaps you could clarify something? It seems to me the real Hawaiians, or rather the truely native population are rather often portrayed(Magnum, both Hawaii Five-O's but especially Dog the Bounty Hunter) as surly, having a chip on their shoulder or being rude to other people because they aren't Polynesian or are mainlanders or Haolies(spelling correct?). Whats up with that, is that a slur or is there a streak of racism there?
The depiction of the Hawaiians doesn't pass the logic test with me because most people are decent and the haters are usually a small percentage of any populace.
From what I read the American planters basically stole the Hawiians' country, but it's a century later, Hawaii is a state, a native of which is currently President of the US, so why would one be racist and resentful every time he came across a "haolie"?
Sorry if this is all a little heavy to lay on you but if Hawaiians are so mean spirited why would so many tourists flock there? I prefer to think they are just like everybody else, however nice that is.
:) Mike
Hi Mike,

Welcome to M.M.!!

I don't live in Hawaii, but have visited many times.
My experiences in paradise have always been good ones with no hatred directed my way. I have heard of this resentment and know it's there, but the percentage is small. I believe that if you travel anywhere in the world you will find a small group who hate outsiders so it's not a big deal to me. If you visit a place and show respect you will normally get it back. If you ever get a chance to visit - GO!

I'm sure B.K. would have plenty to say regarding this topic, but I think we should let sleeping dogs lie!!!!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#464 Post by Doc Ibold »

Agreed Kenji.. LOL. By no means wasI trying to channel him back!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#465 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Kenji wrote:
Hi Mike, Welcome to M.M.!!
I don't live in Hawaii, but have visited many times.
My experiences in paradise have always been good ones with no hatred directed my way. I have heard of this resentment and know it's there, but the percentage is small. I believe that if you travel anywhere in the world you will find a small group who hate outsiders so it's not a big deal to me. If you visit a place and show respect you will normally get it back. If you ever get a chance to visit - GO!
I'm sure B.K. would have plenty to say regarding this topic, but I think we should let sleeping dogs lie!!!!

Kenji and Doc Ibold,
Thank you for the welcome, Bras. And the info on the Hawaiians.
Is this pal of yours, Braddah Kimo, a actual Hawaiian or is he some Mouliak sitting on his back porch in Hoboken with his Mets hat on, spilling beer on his imitation Hawaiian shirt whenever the Mets start a rally?
Have you ever spoken with him, if he says boid instead of bird he might be from Jersey. You guys got to check this stuff out before you hang with some one.
Mike