80's toons

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#16 Post by Mavrick »

Yeah Phat cat I still have mine still in the box, I remember that Christmas when I got it, I was so happy
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

grundle
Admiral

#17 Post by grundle »

J.J. Walters wrote: I much preferred the older cartoons (Looney Tunes, Johnny Quest, Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Flintstones, etc.).

Me too!

I even have all five of those on DVD.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Seaver41 »

Saturday morning cartoons belonged to the kids of the 70's...........Scooby Doo, Laff-a-lympics, Superfriends, Josie and The Pussycats, Speedbuggy, Captain Caveman, Shazaam, Fat Albert, etc.....

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#19 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Seaver41 wrote:Saturday morning cartoons belonged to the kids of the 70's...........Scooby Doo, Laff-a-lympics, Superfriends, Josie and The Pussycats, Speedbuggy, Captain Caveman, Shazaam, Fat Albert, etc.....
True. Even though I caught those at the tail end of the seventies, they were staple shows in rerun well into the '80s. All that Hannah Barbera stuff was awesome.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Seaver41 »

throw non top of tht the Syd and Marty Croft stuff...........those psychadelic 70's.

anyone remember Electra Woman and Dyna Girl? Deidre Hall got her start there..... Land of the Lost.....and not that horrible Wil Ferrell movie. How about the Plant of the Apes cartoon? Star Trek cartoon?

For me the target show of the morning was always Superfriends.....in whatever format. They reinvented that thing so many times......though i could do w/o the Wonder Twins......

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#21 Post by Mavrick »

The wonder twins yes I rember that
[img][img]http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a42 ... twins3.jpg[/img]

I just can't remember the Name of the little monkey of thiers, I can see him plain as day, can't remember his name[/img]
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Seaver41 »

I believe it was Gleek

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#23 Post by J.J. Walters »

Seaver41 wrote:throw non top of tht the Syd and Marty Croft stuff...........those psychadelic 70's.

anyone remember Electra Woman and Dyna Girl? Deidre Hall got her start there..... Land of the Lost.....and not that horrible Wil Ferrell movie.
The Sid and Marty Krofft stuff used to be my favorite as a kid; the Krofft Supershow, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost, even H.R. Pufnstuf! It warped the minds of a generation of American youth (although I guess most of us turned out ok), but it sure was fun! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

grundle
Admiral

#24 Post by grundle »

I own the first two seasons of "Land of the Lost" on DVD.

Many of the episodes from the first season were written by the same people who wrote for the original "Star Trek" series.

Today "Land of the Lost" is considered a classic in the science fiction genre.