Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#16 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:The first trailer is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-ejxJEgqE

Wow, not sure what to think right now. It looks soooooooo completely different from the original. But I guess that's to be expected.

McGarrett looks a little too young for my liking. Glad to see Daniel Dae Kim as Chin. And Grace Park as Kono! LOL! Hell-o! :)
Can't watch it in Switzerland! Friggin' thing is blocked by CBS copyright blah, blah, blah. Even to watch a trailer???
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Danno »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Can't watch it in Switzerland! Friggin' thing is blocked by CBS copyright blah, blah, blah. Even to watch a trailer???
Styles, if you search around on Youtube, you can find it on other people's accounts.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#18 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Dan wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote: Can't watch it in Switzerland! Friggin' thing is blocked by CBS copyright blah, blah, blah. Even to watch a trailer???
Styles, if you search around on Youtube, you can find it on other people's accounts.
That worked. Thanks Dan. Looks pretty cool. Makes me realize how unusual it would be to have an action show that focuses on one leading man these days. I doubt contemporary producers would want to put all their eggs in one basket, like MPI. This seems like a safer bet - although not very inventive.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Coops »

I think if H 5-0 gets high enough ratings you'll see interest in a Magnum reboot. Why? Blue Bloods.

Think about it.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Frodoleader »

I have an idea for a new "game" we can all play while watching the new H5O: see if you can spot the MPI filming locations. Extra points if you can give the MPI episode. Also, maybe we can have a parallel contest to see how long it takes the new H5O to use the Anderson Estate as a filming location?

Fun and prizes for everyone!! :D
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Steve »

I just occasionally watched the original as it could be a bit dry, but this incarnation looks like it will be full of personality and something I can sink my teeth into! My guess is that Scott Caan is going to steal the show..............

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Sam »

The remake of the classic CBS series "Hawaii Five-0" will premiere on network television Sept. 20.

The pilot for the police drama, which was filmed here in March, will air at 9 p.m. Mondays on KGMB. Work began on the show's episodes July 15.

Ironically, the premiere date will mark the anniversary of the date the original "Five-0" aired -- Sept. 20, 1968. That pilot, called "Cocoon," introduced the world to Detective Steve McGarrett and his arch enemy, Wo Fat.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by No need to know! »

I´ll bet it won´t last 281 episodes :lol:
But actually, there are so many bad and boring detective shows these days so i hope it will stay around.

But i have a question. Why can´t they just have that title with completely new characters?
Are they expecting more viewers because they have a McGarrett in there or what?
I understand why they can´t reboot Magnum P.I without a guy named Magnum but in Hawaii 5-O?! Come on.
Onion´s extra?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#24 Post by J.J. Walters »

I agree no need to know!!

If they had used different characters the door would be open for Selleck and company to make a cameo (or cameos). With the characters being the same and set in the present, there is no way that could happen. They could use somebody else as Magnum/Higgins/Rick/T.C., but that wouldn't quite be the same, now would it.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Kolchak
Lieutenant

#25 Post by Kolchak »

Just thought you guys might want to know that the pilot ep for the new 5-0 is going to be shown on Waikiki beach soon (can't remember the date). They show movies on the beach here and it's unreal.

The show is getting a lot of publicity here. I went to an aloha shirt shop recently near Diamond Head and the woman who ran the shop was telling me about Jean Smart (President Logan's wife in 24) and that she came into the shop and bought a few shirts for her hubby. She's rented a plave in oahu and seems confident that she may be there for a few years. I think she's playing the Mayor or Governor.

Trust me -this show is gonna be huge.

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#26 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

There's a Hawaii 5-0 marathon on Spike TV every day from 10AM-5PM this week.

If you have DirecTv, that's channel 241.

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#27 Post by robspace54 »

I read in the paper today (Sep 20) that we will see more of the characters back stories and that McGarrett will be "flawed."

Now where have we seen that before??? :-) I suppose that modern TV productions can learn from the past.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#28 Post by robspace54 »

Did you watch Five-o last night. What did you think?

It certainly started with a bang. How many bullets got fired in the episode? A lot! But interesting characters, even if Grace Park's gal was a bit light on the dialog, I think.

Hawaii is back.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Miss Q »

I LOVED IT!!! I cant wait for the next episode!

Frodo... it opened with a MPI location, how fitting....

Miss Q
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Steve »

I loved it as well. The banter between Steve McGarret and Dan-O was hilarious. I can't wait to see the story lines and character devlopment on the show.I do, however, need a shot of Rabbit Island (there was one on "The Event" last night) to truly get me in the mood......