Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#391 Post by Lily »

Despite rainy weather, on Thursday we went to Chinatown to pick up fruit and veggies and bingo....ran into the filming of a 5 0 episode! We must have stood watching for a good hour as Chin and Kono filmed the same scene inbetween periods of pouring rain.

Interesting time and wonder how long it will be before this episode is aired. With guns drawn, it involved two federal agents wanting the same man who had just been arrested by Chin and Kono. Look for the hanging racks of cooked chickens!!

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#392 Post by Braddah Kimo »

a week or two at most.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#393 Post by golfmobile »

MPI reference too! I think this was the one shown Monday, March 25 -- I DVR'd it and just watched it last night. And at the very end there was a helicopter flight and reference to MPI, the theme music, and all the characters. Very cute!! If you missed it, you can probably find it on the "vew full episodes" Hawaii Five-0 website (see link below). Of course, it was, to me, ridiculous to have Kamekona piloting a helicopter at the end of this episode (and particularly THAT helicopter), where at the start of the episode, he was just flying flight sim helicopters -- implying he'd gotten his license to do so in just a few days or weeks -- like you go get a helicopter license the way you get a driver's license . . . . .

http://www.cbs.com/shows/hawaii_five_0/video/ See Clip "Kamekona in flight." (second tier, top right)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#394 Post by ConchRepublican »

Golf's back!!!!!!

How ya doin'???
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican

#395 Post by ConchRepublican »

OK . . . I'm a few months behind, but I just watched the "Hookman" episode.

Did anyone else get the Magnum connection at the end? I saw the beginning of a McGarrett "little voice" or at least a connection to "something else" . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#396 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:OK . . . I'm a few months behind, but I just watched the "Hookman" episode.

Did anyone else get the Magnum connection at the end? I saw the beginning of a McGarrett "little voice" or at least a connection to "something else" . . .
Here is a bit of trivia I found about that episode........
Trivia
■Robocop's pistol can be seen hanging on the wall in the gun shop.
■This is a remake of Season 6, Episode 1 from the original series (with the same title), which starred real life double amputee Jay J. Armes.
■The title of this episode is the first since "Pilot" to be in English, and not in the Hawaiian language. It shares the name with the Original Series season 6 episode on which this was based.
■The first episode of the series whose name wasn't in Hawaiian.

ConchRepublican

#397 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:■Robocop's pistol can be seen hanging on the wall in the gun shop.
I missed that!!! And the episode is deleted. To the web I go!
Steve wrote:■This is a remake of Season 6, Episode 1 from the original series (with the same title), which starred real life double amputee Jay J. Armes.
I did not know that . . . (insert Johnny Carson voice)
Steve wrote:■The title of this episode is the first since "Pilot" to be in English, and not in the Hawaiian language. It shares the name with the Original Series season 6 episode on which this was based.
■The first episode of the series whose name wasn't in Hawaiian.

These I did notice. Normally the H50 episode list on my DVR looks like a Braddah Kimo post and then I see this haole standing out in the middle. :D
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#398 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
These I did notice. Normally the H50 episode list on my DVR looks like a Braddah Kimo post and then I see this haole standing out in the middle. :D
I just laughed so hard that I now have a small but noticable wet spot...........Wait until you catch up to last weeks episode with Jimmy Buffett..You will find a great drink recipe for the Tiki Bar.........

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#399 Post by golfmobile »

TMI!!!!!

But it was fun to see Jimmy Buffett again, though I think I'll pass on his drink recipe . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

ConchRepublican

#400 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
I just laughed so hard that I now have a small but noticable wet spot...........Wait until you catch up to last weeks episode with Jimmy Buffett..You will find a great drink recipe for the Tiki Bar.........
:lol:

Jimmy, I mean Frank Bama, with a drink recipe? Say it isn't so! ;-)

I have a little bit to go to get to that one. Maybe it'll finally be warm here when I get to it!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

#401 Post by KENJI »

It appears that Makani Kai Helicopters has the Kamekona helicopter and a T.C. chopper as well.
Go to Youtube and Type in "ON THE RADAR" with Jen Robbins: Flying over Oahu in a Magnum Helicopter without doors.
You get a look at both.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#402 Post by KENJI »

Another Youtube segment that you should like........type in Sumo vs. Beckham, Petit, Carlos...: who's an amateur. It's an old Pepsi ad with Taylor Wily (Kamekono) in it.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#403 Post by KENJI »

I must say the security at the police station/5-0 headquarters is TERRIBLE! This was the second time the station has been breached, a bit embarrassing :oops: to say the least. If you are not safe there where are you safe.....definitely not in prison either as that is where terrorists were able to take it over and cut a foot thick metal door down to try and get Wo Fat.....I think that is the second time for the prison as well......thank goodness Hawaii has Super Steve. I think they need to find new writers as the story lines are getting weaker and more far-fetched......tone it down a bit and make it more believable. I wonder if any of the writers on Breaking Bad would be interested? On the humorous side, I can see Kamekona butting heads with that police officer in training on future episodes....maybe writing him up for double parking his food truck or something to do with his chopper (talk about being far-fetched...the fuel bill on a chopper like that would need a fleet of shrimp trucks to support an expense like that). The two of them almost look like brothers. I think way down the road they will mend the fence, but in the meantime they will have at least two minor run-ins with each other.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#404 Post by Steve »

You are so right on all points, Kenji and I love your idea with the police officer in training and Kamekona being an ongoing humorous battle. I wonder if they are going to finally reveal that Wo Fat and Steve are brothers like they have been hinting at for two seasons or keep on teasing us with this "great mystery" of the connection between Steve's mother and Wo Fat..........

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#405 Post by KENJI »

Nice to see the Mercury Marquis make a cameo again and the new Camaro on the show is much nicer than the first one. I sure saw a few similarities with Magnum on the last episode.....the guys were coaching little league baseball and then the cowboy (hat and all), who came to town reminds me of a few episodes on Magnum too. I see Steve wishing he never agreed to his girlfriend working for his Navy buddy......I see trouble down the road.