Pawn Stars

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#31 Post by Styles Bitchley »

News flash guys: all reality tv is the same. I have a buddy who has worked as a director for a bunch of "reality" tv shows. One was one of those "let's get re-married a decade later" sort of shows. Usually the people aren't interesting at all, so the crew says "What do you guys fight about? OK, so talk about that!" In one episode the whole thing is shot and just before the second wedding takes place, the wife admits she's been having an affair and wants a divorce! Because it's not a shocking sort of show (more lovey-dovey), they shoot the wedding anyway and the audience is none the wiser. Reality indeed!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Seaver41 »

also....those repo shows.........re-enactments.

I'm amazed anyone watches those bachelor/bachelorette shows. How fake and phony and how dumb are the viewers to think this contest will end in anything long term and meaningful. One of the stupidest concepts ever........yet there appear to be plenty of sheep that tune in each week. Unreal.