SNL

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Brian
Fleet Admiral

SNL

#1 Post by Brian »

I always wished that Tom Selleck and Harrison Ford would have hosted SNL in the 80's. I think they would have done a great job.
Sneakers Higgins!!

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by AmandaByNight »

I agree about TS... I'm not sure I think Harrison Ford can really do comedy though... He can be funny, but I don't think he seems particuarly funny.

I know, I've enraged every Star Wars fan who ever existed.

I've seen Harrison Ford in person (twice!), the first time was a shocker... He was walking down Hollywood Blvd. - they were shooting that movie he made with Josh Hartnett and I was on my way to work. Wow, he's gorgeous.

But not funny! ;)

Anyway, has anyone seen Tom Selleck when he was on Conan and they did that "Year 2000" skit? Hilarious. Tom kept cracking up. Loved it!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Steve »

There is no reason why he still couldn't host as he is in a hit series shooting in NYC. Come on SNL, more cowbell!!!!!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

AmandaByNight wrote:I agree about TS... I'm not sure I think Harrison Ford can really do comedy though... He can be funny, but I don't think he seems particuarly funny.

I know, I've enraged every Star Wars fan who ever existed.
Selleck would indeed be good and could do the funny part well. Ford is about as low key as one can get, but I don't think you need to be the jolly sort of funny to be funny on SNL. After all, look at how many times Christopher Walkin has hosted.

Call me a delusional Star Wars fan, but I thought Ford's skit on Kimmel was funny as hell...or maybe it's just great to hear him acknowledge the existence of Star Wars after all these years.

If you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTtMdXAazs
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

PhatCat
Admiral

#5 Post by PhatCat »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Call me a delusional Star Wars fan, but I thought Ford's skit on Kimmel was funny as hell...or maybe it's just great to hear him acknowledge the existence of Star Wars after all these years.

If you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTtMdXAazs
That was hilarious. Yeah, I think either man COULD do it. I'd be more excited about Selleck hosting, however.

To me, Harrison Ford always seems too low key in interviews. He's the kinda guy I wish was always like Han Solo in personality. More than his real persona of quiet guy with an earring. Seems a little dry. But granted, those are late night talk shows. Not like if you'd sit down one on one with the guy.

$.02

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

I think people simply didn't realize Selleck's comedic talent at the height of Magnum's popularity. Had he done anything very comedic before Three Men and a Baby?